• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What goofy crap do you do to ensure consistency in your reloads?

You have a nice chute.

Mine is stock and sometimes the nose heavy cases (Dasher and .223AI w/ 88's) like to dive off onto the floor.

Carry on.
Do you not use a bin dam or like I used to do in the stone age a flattened primer box cover?

Of course I use a bin dam.

Talking about the chute where the cut out for the press handle to push forward for the primer is.

It's a bunch easier to just pull the round at the seating station and set it in a 100 rd MTM than to pull them out of a bin or describe it to you.

Of course I use a bin dam.

Talking about the chute where the cut out for the press handle to push forward for the primer is.

It's a bunch easier to just pull the round at the seating station and set it in a 100 rd MTM than to pull them out of a bin or describe it to you.
Ah, I get what you are talking about. An ejector wire with a different angle or attaching some plastic or cardboard to the back of the bin is what would be needed there.

I've done the card board and it works 90% of the time, but F them hitting the floor.

Heres my reloading process - an efficiency manager's head would explode. Im sure half could be cut out and I wouldnt notice on paper, but it gives me warm fuzzies and havent had issues finding loads w/ ES under 20 and SD of ~5-6 (over 15-20 shot strings) in a few different cartridges. Still suck at groups though, so good thing i enjoy the hobby.
  1. Decap
  2. Wet tumble 15-20 mins (to just knock off any crud and keep as much carbon in the neck as possible)
  3. Dry in food dehydrator
  4. lube w/ imperial wax and resize
  5. dry corn cob vibe for 15 mins to clean off wax
  6. trim (if needed), chamfer/deburr
  7. dip necks in graphite
  8. run a mandrel
  9. prime
  10. charge
  11. seat

I play cartridge appropriate music or movies in my reloading space to ensure that the projectiles and the other components are in harmony with one another. I find it significantly reduces SDs.

My .30-06 really prefers Jazz and early swing music. The .308 is pretty much a die-hard CCR fan; or if it's a long session I'll just put on Apocalypse Now Redux.

Maybe you should try some blue velvet and see what happens