• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What guns have you purchased due to a movie, TV show or other

Saw The Green Berets when I was 11. As soon as I was old enough I bought an AR15.

After watching “Attack Force Z” as a kid, I wanted a suppressed M3 grease gun. I’ve shot a lot of cool ass guns over the years. Everything from novelty pistols, to crew served weapons to rocket launchers. I’ve never had the opportunity to shoot an M3 grease gun & it’s still at the top of my list.

First full-auto I ever shot was a Thompson 1927A1. I was about 14 or 15. My favorite to this day

I shot an original select-fire Thompson a few years ago. Not only did I like it it a lot, but I was surprised as to just how controllable it was. At fifteen yards I shot a fist-sized on full auto. This gun was a joy to shoot.

Do y’all remember Tac TV w/ Larry Vickers? After seeing the Daniel Defense torture test episodes I ordered a DDM4V1. It took forever & eventually I cancelled the order. A year or so later, & after seeing the second DD torture test I ordered the same rifle from DSG Arms & it showed up a few days later. This rifle has performed flawlessly in the five + years that I’ve owned it.

Saw The Green Berets when I was 11. As soon as I was old enough I bought an AR15.

This was my favorite movie too. I just recently bought a Mattel M-16 Marauder. These were actually used in the movie as props. This is what John Wayne smashed against the tree at the end of the movie after one of his men was killed. You can buy TWO real AR-15's for what you will pay for one of these today.

1564923408248.png

1564923440338.png

1564923596274.png

This was my favorite movie too. I just recently bought a Mattel M-16 Marauder. These were actually used in the movie as props. This is what John Wayne smashed against the tree at the end of the movie after one of his men was killed. You can buy TWO real AR-15's for what you will pay for one of these today.

View attachment 7123700

View attachment 7123701

View attachment 7123703

Sgt Kowalski (Mike Henry). "But he took 'em all with him, or they wouldn't have left this!"

Chose to use an E2 stock on my built-up M14 after liking its style in CoD: Black Ops. Damn good stock, though, and wouldn't change it for anything. But I won't deny that I've wanted a C96 Mauser ever since I first saw Star Wars as a kid.

3 guns have been on the top of my list since 1977. This is when a very important (in my life) movie came out.

The first two are made by BlasTech Industries, maybe you have heard of them?

DL-44 Heavy pistol, option to have a shoulder mount stock.0

EE-3 Carbine rifle

Sacros K-11

These go along with the two most desired vehicles of my life, that’s another thread though...

3 guns have been on the top of my list since 1977. This is when a very important (in my life) movie came out.

EE-3 Carbine rifle

Sacros K-11

These go along with the two most desired vehicles of my life, that’s another thread though...
YT-1300FP and T-65B? ;)

Reactions: Rover31

EE-3 Carbine rifle

Sacros K-11

Oh geez... everyone knows that those are nowhere near as good as this:

1564926614156.png

Star Wars fanboys on SH.... what will be next?

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. Just funnin' ya. I had to look those up and had never heard the actual names of 'blasters' so I learned something! Thanks!

@Son of Dorn yes on the YT-1300FP! The T-65B is of course up at the top of the list. I do really like the Firespray-31 a little bit more. Slightly more obscure and stealthy.

View attachment 7123727

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. Just funnin' ya. I had to look those up and had never heard the actual names of 'blasters' so I learned something! Thanks!
I do respectfully submit that this is better:
1564927030784.png

Like many people who own inert grenades, I do have a similar thing.

One of these, Class-A thermal detonator. Along with a few old toy versions of the other “weapons” and some Nerf versions. My kids like them ya know...

002143B2-B1ED-4284-BB9D-106C02E9CEB4.jpeg

Yes I agree I am a dork...

Last edited:
Back to the topic at hand, though, I've also always wanted a Webley WG ever since Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. A S&W M1917 and/or Hand Ejector Mk II from Raiders would be nice too but there's just something about that big heavy Webley that I love over the S&Ws. Haven't bought one yet, though.

Back to the topic at hand, though, I've also always wanted a Webley WG ever since Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. A S&W M1917 and/or Hand Ejector Mk II from Raiders would be nice too but there's just something about that big heavy Webley that I love over the S&Ws. Haven't bought one yet, though.
Like this one?

81047542-25ED-4160-BA8F-BCCB2AFB960A.jpeg

Or this adorable little .38?

A84008AE-F972-4DCB-ACC1-1AEB51B6E064.jpeg

I’d post pictures of the New Service I picked up for almost nothing a few years ago... civilian .45 LC... in awful shape. It had been bead blasted and painted black. It’s at Turnbull’s being subjected to a restoration that is more than its worth... but so worth it!

Cheers, Sirhr

PS. No whip. That’s Dirty-d territory!

Like this one?

View attachment 7123755

Or this adorable little .38?

View attachment 7123756

I’d post pictures of the New Service I picked up for almost nothing a few years ago... civilian .45 LC... in awful shape. It had been bead blasted and painted black. It’s at Turnbull’s being subjected to a restoration that is more than its worth... but so worth it!

Cheers, Sirhr

PS. No whip. That’s Dirty-d territory!
Hell yes like that one. And the .38's quite adorable but just can't beat the big beefy .455/.476 for me.

Reactions: acudaowner
one of 3 of my dreams and every old western movie I ever saw growing up not to mention Quigley down under .
2x's Taylors and Company 1858 Remington Conversion
I blame clint eastwood for that one and the nice leather hip holster . have to pull them just purchased 2 yea need holsters now . and can remove a s&w 41 picked up one today yea .
and so many others it would be impossible to list them all .

not to mention all the really nice guns i see on the hide forums all the sweet ww2 era , and AI's . I now have to have , Thanks :p like a kid in a candy store this forum has been great . Only 2 hands and 4 days a week to shoot 900 guns left to get . It will be a trip to see how many I actually end up with .

Last edited:

View attachment 7123727

Cheers,

Sirhr

Iguess I can make this ^^^ list.
Daughter bought an old original for me for father's day a few years back.
I wasn't necessarily a Trekkie but liked much of the Sci Fi programing.

R

Last edited:
one of 3 of my dreams and every old western movie I ever saw growing up not to mention Quigley down under .
2x's Taylors and Company 1858 Remington Conversion
I blame clint eastwood for that one and the nice leather hip holster .
and so many others it would be impossible to list them all .

not to mention all the really nice guns i see on the hide forums all the sweet ww2 era , and AI's . I now have to have , Thanks :p like a kid in a candy store this forum has been great . Only 2 hands and 4 days a week to shoot 900 guns left to get . It will be a trip to see how many I actually end up with .
It was True Grit that cemented the desire for a Sharps for me, although Mr. LaBoeuf's was a cavalry/Texas Ranger carbine and not the big'un like Quigley's.

Like many people who own inert grenades, I do have a similar thing.

One of these, Class-A thermal detonator. Along with a few old toy versions of the other “weapons” and some Nerf versions. My kids like them ya know...

View attachment 7123734

Yes I agree I am a dork...
It occurs to me you might enjoy this site if you're not familiar with it: http://www.partsofsw.com/

the fact that no one wants one of these I find kinda funny

or one of these . at 100 yards take out the whole berm . ray gun blaaa

Colt Single Action Army (a few) from watching and reading westerns growing up. Had some 2nd gen Colt percussion revolvers too (1851 Navies), but sold to fund my 1873 collection - also old western holsters.

FALs mainly from books. I haven't really got too caught up in movie guns other than westerns. I do geek out on history though, and will seek out guns from historical conflicts / events that I find interesting.

Colt Single Action Army (a few) from watching and reading westerns growing up. Had some 2nd gen Colt percussion revolvers too (1851 Navies), but sold to fund my 1873 collection - also old western holsters.

FALs mainly from books. I haven't really got too caught up in movie guns other than westerns. I do geek out on history though, and will seek out guns from historical conflicts / events that I find interesting.
That's how my collection got started. Mostly WWII-era firearms but a few repros of the Old West stuff plus my M14E2 XM16E1 clones.

I want a flame thrower after watching "Upon a Time in Hollywood".

Fucking hippies.

PPK

Still got it, never shoot it. Damn the trigger pull is horrible!

I’m surprised nobody has said it yet, but a franchi spas 12. It was an impulse buy and I ended up selling a couple months later. It definitely looks a lot better than it functions.

I’m surprised nobody has said it yet, but a franchi spas 12. It was an impulse buy and I ended up selling a couple months later. It definitely looks a lot better than it functions.
I was inches away from owning an exact match for the Jurassic Park ones. But the seller backed out at the last minute for whatever reason. I literally had the check in my hand for him, was going to take it to the post office that afternoon, and he emails me saying he's not selling it. Would still want one in my collection for the 80s/90s action movie cool factor, though.

I was inches away from owning an exact match for the Jurassic Park ones. But the seller backed out at the last minute for whatever reason. I literally had the check in my hand for him, was going to take it to the post office that afternoon, and he emails me saying he's not selling it. Would still want one in my collection for the 80s/90s action movie cool factor, though.

I completely forgot they were in Jurassic park. I wanted it because of terminator. I had the model with the folder and hook, I don’t see why anyone would want the solid stock version.

I completely forgot they were in Jurassic park. I wanted it because of terminator. I had the model with the folder and hook, I don’t see why anyone would want the solid stock version.
Agreed. Folder is what made it so awesome. The one I almost got was folding stock, pre-recall lever safety, and the right stock variant and front sight/muzzle for Jurassic Park (and Terminator). I was very excited about getting it, very disappointed when the seller decided not to part with it.

View attachment 7123700

View attachment 7123701

View attachment 7123703

Had something similar except the charging handle was where Stoner originally designed it to be.......inside the carry handle.

Pull the CH back and when you pulled the trigger you could either let the whole spring unwide making a Rat-a-Tat noise or you coul fire controlled bursts.

Lots of fun playing guns back than.....

Reactions: hermosabeach
1565016664869.jpeg

Then Eastwood's Detective Harry Callahan growled that memorable line. Suddenly the Smith & Wesson Model 29 was so popular that retailers had trouble keeping the gun in stock. Twelve years later, when Harry carried a Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum pistol called the Auto Mag in "Sudden Impact," there was a similar run at stores, even though the company had long since discontinued production of the gun.

Reactions: Barneybdb
I took one of my former bosses Steve and their son shooting when he turned 13.

They are a gun free family. The son asked me about 30 different firearms.

He is a gamer and had all his success / fail ratios from video games

We had a blast. He started out a bit disappointed that I did not have a red dot desert eagle in Point Five Oh

But when he had trouble holding onto a G17, he better understood the selection of what I had brought to the range.

So getting your gun into a movie or video game should help sales.....

I took one of my former bosses Steve and their son shooting when he turned 13.

They are a gun free family. The son asked me about 30 different firearms.

He is a gamer and had all his success / fail ratios from video games

We had a blast. He started out a bit disappointed that I did not have a red dot desert eagle in Point Five Oh

But when he had trouble holding onto a G17, he better understood the selection of what I had brought to the range.

So getting your gun into a movie or video game should help sales.....
I bet a lot of the Desert Eagle love came from The Matrix. I recall reading that the armorer who worked on the film kept trying to persuade the Wachowskis not to use it, calling it a "wanker pistol", but they were adamant because they wanted the cool factor.

The French original movie Nikita had better usage of the Desert Eagle in the restaurant scene.
Just when you think you are out for a lovely dinner date....

Reactions: davidb187
Several. Literally the second gun I bought after I turned 21 was a Wildey, then a Walther PPK/s, SPAS 12, The 50 bmg used in Tremors. Several I have are similar by coincedence. I once had a Manville 25m launcer in my hands, but that was too expensive. A 44mag Desert eagle has been on my wish list for decades. I almost purchased one of the Robocop guns from the Armorer himself many years ago, but that was wicked expensive.

Attachments

• Charles-Bronson-Death-Wish-3-1985-cult-action-classic-1024x576.jpg
    Charles-Bronson-Death-Wish-3-1985-cult-action-classic-1024x576.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 39