• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What guns have you purchased due to a movie, TV show or other

Here's one that I've always wanted that rounds out the 3 Star fandons.
View attachment 7127889
Zat'nik'tel from Stargate. 1 shot stuns with great pain (while dancing the watoosie like my dad said), 2 shots kills, 3 shots target vaporizes.
Three shots from a zat vaporized until the writers decided to completely drop the concept. Staff weapon would be fun to have, though.

Reactions: LeftyJason
I can't say I even know what configuration they used it, or even if they used it, but after "Zero Dark Thirty" I wanted in the worst way to get a .300 Blackout after that, as it was supposedly the first high profile operation where it was used. So, I got one, and tested it. I was fortunate enough to A. know someone who had a suppressor that we put on it. And, B. my cousin has a trust with a bunch of suppressors. We put one on his Rem 700 and shot that. I was totally impressed with the sound suppression, but had to admit the round is pretty much limited to subsonic usefulness.

Credit Zero dark thirty with pushing me to getting a .300 BLK. I have yet to ever pay the money for my own suppressor though.

Just saw the thread. Bought one a year or so after seeing the movie. Cast my own bullets, but draw the line at using black powder. Too lazy to clean.

Ballistol. Makes short work of it.

My Dad decided he needed a sharps in 40-65 (it's a new one with octagon barrel and weighs as much as a truck). Damn thing shoots fantastic with black powder and cast bullets.
I just swing by and shoot it anytime I have the Quigley itch. Sure saved me a pile of $.

I can't say I even know what configuration they used it, or even if they used it, but after "Zero Dark Thirty" I wanted in the worst way to get a .300 Blackout after that, as it was supposedly the first high profile operation where it was used. So, I got one, and tested it. I was fortunate enough to A. know someone who had a suppressor that we put on it. And, B. my cousin has a trust with a bunch of suppressors. We put one on his Rem 700 and shot that. I was totally impressed with the sound suppression, but had to admit the round is pretty much limited to subsonic usefulness.

Credit Zero dark thirty with pushing me to getting a .300 BLK. I have yet to ever pay the money for my own suppressor though.
The ones in Zero Dark Thirty were HK416s in 5.56 NATO but supposedly the actual rifle used to kill Bin Laden was the same thing in .300 BLK. 10" barrel, AAC suppressor, Eotech holo, and AN/PEQ-15. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Zero_Dark_Thirty#Heckler_.26_Koch_HK416

Always wanted a P90. Just love the look of it. Finally bought a PS90 and SBR it. Fun as hell to shoot. Might be the worst trigger I’ve ever pulled thou.

Attachments

• 3617E7FD-16CE-4AA4-A097-CE88CB94F333.jpeg
    3617E7FD-16CE-4AA4-A097-CE88CB94F333.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 34
Image result for man with no name revolver

am i the only one who had to get one of these?

Attachments

• 1565791053686.jpeg
    1565791053686.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 15
6" Colt Python after watching Starsky & Hutch.
I’m lucky I’m not dead

My older cousins loved starsky and hutch

They learned tactics from that show- I’ll be smart and kick the door - while my partner runs into the room.

So many bad concepts- such as police tactics - shown in TV and Film.

So no one else got a belt fed after Blackhawk Down?

Last edited:
This was my favorite movie too. I just recently bought a Mattel M-16 Marauder. These were actually used in the movie as props. This is what John Wayne smashed against the tree at the end of the movie after one of his men was killed. You can buy TWO real AR-15's for what you will pay for one of these today.

View attachment 7123700

View attachment 7123701

View attachment 7123703
I had the mattel M16 . Even manged to hang myself , a little with the plastic sling on a swing set .
The plastic sling broke and I landed on my ass hard .

Reactions: hermosabeach
Edm Arms Windrunner in 50bmg. Has a RND tube and bipod, and I made the Aluminum hand guard and mount. Bipod legs fold back towards the rifle, kind of an upgrade from the M200 Cheytac Intervention. Don't have the heart to paint it like the gun in Shooter :(

A 1911 with a black top and chrome lower like Don Johnson use in Nash Bridges.. Which I still have not gotten after 20 years lol damit.. now i am going to have to start looking in the used section lol

Bought a SW29 after Dirty Harry, a colt python after Strasbourg and hutch and a PS 90 after stargate.
Cheers