• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What happend to Wonder Optics?

Curnow26

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Any body know? I havnt been able to find there website (sight wonders). I was thinking of getting the 10X40.
Did the sight move? I noticed that swfa no longer sells these either.
Thanks

Re: What happend to Wonder Optics?

Way too many QC problems, good customer service going down the tubes, way too much money lost on warranty work and replacements... not too hard to figure out.

DK

I 'wonder' if Wonder was even a real scope mfg. I think they had stuff made by "who knows" in China, could have operated out of a 20x20 shed with a phone and mail box. Those that actually mfg their products can fix problems, when they arise, those that are putting their name on stuff made in china-have to negotiate with the Chinese to do things better, or make changes, or meet a production schedule, or....... just saying.

I talked with Matt quite a bit on the phone during the decline last year. For some reason, he would take my calls. The last conversation I had with him, he told me that he was in a bad way due to component quality issues. Once the junk was delivered, he couldn't get his money back or parts replaced from overseas. I still have a Gen 4 4X14X50 on one of my AR's, an old DPMS Lo Pro I carry in the truck for varmints and such. Over ten power it's so cloudy it's useless, and I have to reset parallax after every shot. He replaced this scope three times. I only bought one scope, I have two, the aforementioned and the second defective one that I tried to send back, It was returned by USPS as "undeliverable" to the established address.

Although I never met Matt in person, I got the impression that he was trying to get a decent scope on the market, and he is a good man. He lost his ass.
A good guy, but his scopes were/are shit.