What happened to the search function?

mmcguckin1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2020
    Michigan
    For the last few days the search function only returns errors?? Anyone else experiencing this?

skyewalker

The force is with me
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 7, 2014
    New Mexico
    It's still there in the top right corner, however it will not search each individual category like it used tom (optics, firearms etc), instead it will only search the entire PX forum.

1615216134460.png

mmcguckin1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2020
    Michigan
    So I get this now when I search, then when I click on the links (the the one circled) it gives me an error...not found.

Screenshot 2021-03-08 102058.png

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    I get the same error message as @mmcguckin1 when searching .

While the topic will come up from your search parameters, the links to the thread do not work.

I am Using DuckDuckgo search engine.

I can't remember the computer whiz that does the work here or I would PM him directly with the link to this discussion/question

I posted a link to this discussion in the Lowlight Directives subforum... if anyone can remember the IT persons name that helps with the site possibly forward a link to this thread to him? Thanks.

Last edited:
    Reactions: mmcguckin1

mmcguckin1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2020
    Michigan
    I get the same error message as @mmcguckin1 when searching .

While the topic will come up from your search parameters, the links to the thread do not work.

I am Using DuckDuckgo search engine.

I can't remember the computer whiz that does the work here or I would PM him directly with the link to this discussion/question
    I just recently switched to Duck Duck go and that seems to be the problem. Changed my default search engine back to Google and it works fine.
    Darn...

Last edited:

alexj-12

Administrator
    Staff member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    I just recently switched to Duck Duck go and that seems to be the problem. Changed my default search engine back to Google and it works fine.
    Darn...
    Hey there! I just tested out the search bar using Duck Duck Go and was able to replicate the issue. Unfortunately, this isn't an issue we can fix as it's a problem with the forum software we use. So I've reported it to the developers of the software and we'll hopefully get a fix soon

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
    Staff member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    Hey there! I just tested out the search bar using Duck Duck Go and was able to replicate the issue. Unfortunately, this isn't an issue we can fix as it's a problem with the forum software we use. So I've reported it to the developers of the software and we'll hopefully get a fix soon
    Thanks Alex! We appreciate all the hard work you and your team put in to keeping this place moving forward.

BZ

alexj-12

Administrator
    Staff member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    I'm sorry we haven't had any luck. Since this isn't something we can directly control, I reported the issue to the forum software we use and to the extension for search that we use and I do not believe a fix for the problem has been put out yet. Sorry about that!

alexj-12

Administrator
    Staff member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    Yes. when I reached out about this issue I was told that it was an issue with Threadloom search, but I have not seen a fix for it so far.

Reactions: DIBBS

CcoFirst

SLB
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 27, 2019
    Biloxi
    I use Duck Duck go and get the same error, use Chrome Google and it goes away as stated already

barnaby

Private
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 21, 2014
    Raleigh NC
    In my case (Brave Browser on Mac) it is the DuckDuckGo privacy extension that causes the search error.

2021-04-29 at 17.19.06 .png

The above extension enabled == problem.

But you can change the search engine to DuckDuckGo manually..

2021-04-29 at 17.19.17 .png

Search works. So disable or remove the extension and change default search the old fashioned way.

Last edited:
    Reactions: alexj-12