• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What (if any) is your 2nd favorite hobby?

158A32AD-2EF6-43E1-A85E-12D20D5E2C07.jpeg
689C54AC-2BE2-4217-91F6-EDC079DBA0FD.jpeg

Here's part of a hatch from this morning on the Madison just upstream of Earthquake Lake.

You'll want to zoom in.

View attachment 8222353

Yeah, all of those dots are bugs.

View attachment 8222354
Ahhhh glorious. I don't have any of the old physical pics from our trips to the Yellowstone region rivers here mom has them in photo albums. I do recall the Madison and Gallatin fishing pretty well though. Hatches are amazing to watch the river come alive with 'sips' everywhere.

Archery.

Long range =50/60yards you can do it in your back yard (does not require an entire day)

Cheap- best bow on earth costs less than a single scope. Arrows last nearly forever unless you lose them.

I can do this at home for 15minutes while my kids are otherwise occupied. They are too young to shoot but they like to keep me company while I do it. They have learned excellent form, which they demonstrate when they use their suction cup bows.
I also set up a portable Milwaukee job light (on target) so I can shoot at night.

Hunting is my hobby varmint hunting is an obsession. Try to get in as much as I can between farming and raising kids O and drinking I do like about 2-3 fingers of George Dickel with ice to sip on these humid as fuck summer nights .

Hunting is my hobby varmint hunting is an obsession. Try to get in as much as I can between farming and raising kids O and drinking I do like about 2-3 fingers of George Dickel with ice to sip on these humid as fuck summer nights .
How does George feel about it?

With the exception of playing the Louisville Slugger neck , I applaud you sir . My hand likes a faster neck .
Edit : I swear I clicked reply on the Fender Preeeescission Bass .
It's an official Fender Jazz neck, but with the Precision logo retained. I have a Jazz bass as well and also prefer its slim/fast neck.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
Snowmobiles, dirtbikes, trucks, cars....

I let the wife plan vacations. The only weekends she plans are to haul the toys to the mountains or the lake.

We have none of that silly basic bitch shit available here, so that may be a big part of it.

Nobody really liked them. I got my frame dirt cheap for $495 in 1991. I did pretty well on it, but the "coolness factor" definitely outweighed the performance factor.
it was certainly distinctive

sold that c-dale to a roommate of a buddy and got an SLX PDM Concorde. Still miss that one

M

Fishing is my other passion and enjoyment outside of shooting/bird hunting. My other hobby is verbally bashing my coworkers through copious amounts of shit talking...I mean mentoring. I'm the "old" guy in my department so I took the same shit from the old guys I worked with in different positions over the years. I consider it tradition to continue to fuck with the younger generations unless they earn my respect. Even then the shit talking continues just more in a fun way.

I used to build road race cars and do custom fabrication for off road race vehicles. I miss it at times. I don't miss being a mechanic even though I was good at it. Consistent paychecks are a nice thing to have.

Fishing is my other passion and enjoyment outside of shooting/bird hunting. My other hobby is verbally bashing my coworkers through copious amounts of shit talking...I mean mentoring. I'm the "old" guy in my department so I took the same shit from the old guys I worked with in different positions over the years. I consider it tradition to continue to fuck with the younger generations unless they earn my respect. Even then the shit talking continues just more in a fun way.

I used to build road race cars and do custom fabrication for off road race vehicles. I miss it at times. I don't miss being a mechanic even though I was good at it. Consistent paychecks are a nice thing to have.
Constant reliable pay checks are a good thing , in my twenties after the Corps and before kids I did a lot of hunting trips , bought lots of toys , traveled a lot . In the lean times I figured fuck it - I’ll live off wild game and ramen noodles.
Flash forward - wife kids land and animals- funny how getting paid went right to the top of the priority list .

Most mechanics get paid job labor time. Example replacing a SADD shaft in a Toyota Previa job labor is 1.5 hours book time. You may get it done in 30 minutes but get paid for 1.5 hours. On good days you could flag 24+ hours in a 10 hour day. But if there is little to no work in the shop, you don't get paid for being there. So the pay was very feast or famine most years. The money was good when it was there, but when it was slow...it was hard to make any money. So you had to hope that you saved enough to pay bills to cover for the slow months. So shops would give a base pay for the week or day and if your flag hours exceeded you would get paid that amount.

Now I hear from friends that work for dealerships like Mercedes or BMW and they are making $200k+/year as a tech with a helper. Kinda makes me kick myself at times for not taking a job at a BMW dealership. That's a story for another day.

Most mechanics get paid job labor time. Example replacing a SADD shaft in a Toyota Previa job labor is 1.5 hours book time. You may get it done in 30 minutes but get paid for 1.5 hours. On good days you could flag 24+ hours in a 10 hour day. But if there is little to no work in the shop, you don't get paid for being there. So the pay was very feast or famine most years. The money was good when it was there, but when it was slow...it was hard to make any money. So you had to hope that you saved enough to pay bills to cover for the slow months. So shops would give a base pay for the week or day and if your flag hours exceeded you would get paid that amount.

Now I hear from friends that work for dealerships like Mercedes or BMW and they are making $200k+/year as a tech with a helper. Kinda makes me kick myself at times for not taking a job at a BMW dealership. That's a story for another day.
I have a friend that is a tech for Mercedes- and my sister in law is a designer for Toyota - both make big money doing what they love .

Amateur Gynecologist , have a booth in my yard advertising Free Pap Smears , Piggy Back Rides optional 😜
Seeing as business is in a Rut , I run long distances , ride Mt Bikes , and sample new Beers. 🍻🇺🇸

I go to start shooting guns in 1974. And also, in October of 1974, I started teaching myself guitar. My mother could only afford a new set of strings on my father's old guitar and Mel Bay's Book of Chords. My step-grandfather, who sang basso-baritone in the church choir, taught me how to read sheet music. And, like everyone else in my family, I would sing. And i still do those things.

I used to hang out in a vocalist forum. People liked my version of "Child in Time" by Deep Purple. The top note in that is an A5.

Then, one day, someone dared me to cover "I believe in a Thing Called Love" by the Darkness. So, I did. And it was easy for me, which only pissed others off. Then, someone suggested I cover "Growing on Me" by the Darkness. Also fun.

So, I have to say, whether shooting guns or singing songs, I have the natural ability to anger people.

Really, this is you?

I used to love varmint hunting . I lost places to go and my area is all liberal and stolen now. Sooooo. I still have the guns i used to use. Place like the dakotas or whatever, where there are ton of hogs, or prairie dogs/ yotes or even bird hunting again would be great.

Last edited:
Really, this is you?

I did this on a dare. One take. I like the original artist better but I can respect what he does. That top note on "guitar" is like a C6, a full octave above the standard tenor note of C5.

edited. I did find the finished track. I had someone else mix it for me. Mixing is when you taking recording of tracks and balance against each other volume and tone. Also, putting effects on tracks such as reverb or delay. My friend mispelled one word.

"I believe in a Thing called Love" by the Darkness.

Last edited:
Deer hunting, but I don't do that as much as I used to.

I bought my BOL mainly as a place to hunt until we retired. Now that we live here full time, I hunt about a 1/4 of the days I used to. :confused:

It doesn't take long to figure out if someone went to KU or K-State. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I was thinking about taking up road biking. Anyone know any good roads to ride down the middle of?
Hwy 12 through Idaho.
Old White Bird Grade.
Spiral Highway in Lewiston I’d.

# 1 Fly fishing
I'm right there with you. Where in ID? Dad and I fished the Henry's Fork and the Snake in the early 90's great trips. I'll be 3-4 months in British Columbia either next summer or the following can hardly wait to fully immerse in a complete season vs timing a 1 week trip. Like any fishery the stories of 'oh you should have been here last week the bite was insane!'. Well....

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF
Golf in daylight. Hunt coyotes at night. Live in the country away from big-city problems, but prepared for them. Life's been good to me so far(thanks Joe).

Just tossin this out there.
A secondary hobby is another way to identify you with a more absolute result.

Y'all notice I ain't participating ?

Fuck da 5-0
No one replied, so I will. No need to leave you hanging.

The answer is no, none of us noticed you not participating.

By the way, feds can find you with your IP addy.

No one replied, so I will. No need to leave you hanging.

By the way, feds can find you with your IP addy.
feds can find WHERE YOU POST FROM with your IP addy.
FIFY
They don't know WHO is posting though without further info.
Unless of course you're dumb enough to post from your phone.

FIFY
They don't know WHO is posting though without further info.
Unless of course you're dumb enough to post from your phone.
Ah, so, the best way to avoid the feds finding you is to not be on the internet, at all.

Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

• Haha
Reactions: GreenGO Juan
Everything he posts looks exactly the same.
Another hobby of mine.

Making sure no one gets a bargain on Gunbroker, another hobby. Was doing that this morning. But I was feeling generous, the winner still got a fairly good price.

Reactions: Ronws
One of my hobbies is taking pictures of interesting shit people put on their cars. One from today when I left the Gym.
03A3C038-0887-4DD3-88F1-E6F89D6297AD.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws
I got about a million hobbies. I’m ok at most of them. Lately it’s been weight lifting. In and out of RC cars a dozen times. Paintball a couple times, cycling, mountain biking, fishing. Did golf for a while. Had a few motorcycles and boats. Got into pool for a bit. Fly fishing for a couple years. Bred snakes for a while. Grew tobacco for a few years. I guess my main hobby is trying new hobbies and buying all the Gucci gear then getting bored. Lol.

Reactions: jetracer013
I am always looking for a new hobby that piques my interest.

-I play a lot of chess (certainly no Grandmaster or anything, I hover around 1600-1650 elo in 1 min bullet games.)
-I trained MMA and BJJ for 13yrs (but father time put an end to that endeavour)
-And I shoot (not nearly enough)

So fellas....what else are you into...besides shooting?? I'd really like to hear what other passions/obsessions you have. (Include images if you want)

(I need something else to do, my girlfriend has this amazing ability to fill MY calandar with horrific outings. Ex. Last week vineyard, Next weekend we are going apple picking. 🫡🔫 This is a cry for help...please get me excited about something new, otherwise next month I will end up pumpkin picking (which I argued is actaully "pumpkin choosing" bc they are already picked for you) but I digress....

-Kevin

1600-1650 ELO!? Damn dude! My blitz games aren't that good. I'm brain damaged and need extra time to think. At least, that's the excuse i'm using. :LOL: If you're on chess.com, hit me up @CW907 (corgi dog profile pic). I'd love to play a game! ♟️

My other main hobbies are chess, surfing, rock climbing & playing guitar.

429247_10150643406822577_500542576_11133646_1525004172_n.jpg

IMG_0394.JPG

19366509_10155482849197577_1406589913530443383_n.jpg

👆The Nose of El Capitan - Yosemite NP

Last edited:
Shooting and golf constantly compete for my #1 hobby. With shooting comes all the ancillary activities like reloading and airguns.

I love fishing, but being in AZ I don't fish much anymore. I love to travel - went to all 7 continents before turning 30, though the current state of air travel has me doing more local travel. I love good food and cooking.