• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is a good AR to buy

Kurtis

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2010
Virginia
I want to get opinons on what would be a good first AR i need some ideas cause i am looking to get one

Re: What is a good AR to buy

Get a Krinker Plinker, the best of them all!!!!!

I am looking for somthing i can go hunting with as well as have a tactical feel to my weapon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brutas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'll pass on the popcorn, I think I going for Nachos on this one.
</div></div>

I'll take some nachos too...as long as they taste tactical.

I think the OP should employ a scientific approach ...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XrzxgDelZnk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XrzxgDelZnk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

First off, welcome. This site is a wealth of knowledge, so do a lot of reading and you will learn a lot. Go off asking arbitrary questions without attempting any research first, you'll get flamed.

This topic really belongs in the semi-auto section. Nose around here for a while and you'll see what goes where. It's pretty basic.

Give some more info. Budget, shooting background, what range you intend to shoot, what you're going to hunt, and WHERE YOU ARE as that makes a big difference in what you can legally own and hunt with.

To answer your question, you have Colt as one of the more respected makers of basic milspec ARs, but there are also a lot of specialty builders too like POF or Noveske that have a higher quality product.

Hey Brian, more peppers on it next time.....

i was thinking a smith and wession militray and police 15 with front grip aimpoint t86 combat sight and one point tac sling

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was thinking a smith and wession militray and police 15 with front grip aimpoint t86 combat sight and one point tac sling </div></div>

SPSs are great until they de-nut or trip you once. The T86 is a Taiwanese designation. Any particular reason you dropped that off in there or are you just a mad cut-n-paster?

I think you should get an SKS sniper rifle with Counter Sniper scope, its much better than the M16.

But you know if you file the firing pin on the AR15 that it will go full auto.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He at least learned his lesson. Well, almost. New thread here. </div></div>

his profile says that he's from "Virgina"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He at least learned his lesson. Well, almost. New thread here. </div></div>

his profile says that he's from "Virgina"?</div></div> FAIL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to get opinons...</div></div> Kurtis, I am of the opinion that you should be chasing young high school tail right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking for somthing i can go hunting with as well as have a tactical feel to my weapon </div></div>

WTF ? A Tactical FEEL...........LMFAO !!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to get opinons on what would be a good first AR i need some ideas cause i am looking to get one </div></div>

If you want quality, then your search should be limited to:

BCM
Colt
Daniel Defense
KAC
LMT
Noveske

The other big name makers are producing plinker-grade rifles. Believe me because I have owned them.

Please consider this post proof that not everyone on this site wants to bust your balls.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking for somthing i can go hunting with as well as have a tactical feel to my weapon </div></div>

WTF ? A Tactical FEEL...........LMFAO !!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I wonder what the difference is between a tactical feel and a strategic one?

8120copping20a20feel.jpg

Seriously dude...."just found out about the site and new to it"...thats no excuse..you certainly wasted no time setting up your profile, adding an avatar and opening up in the "PIT" with a CQB/SEMI-AUTO inquiry that would be better answered in the appropriate forum.
How about doing yourself a favor at this point..and taking that inquiry over to gAR15.com..those sack suckers should be able to help out with "tactical feel" and whatever other airsoft..kung pao chicken aimpoint inquiries you may have.

I rarely post...but this stupid trolling shit from all of these guys is really starting to push buttons. There should be some kind of minimum reading requirement before allowing a userID access to posting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am 18 </div></div>

Okay. First off, it's a web SITE. Secondly, learn to use Google to get answers to the most basic of questions, like what stuff looks like or for how much it sells. Thirdly, I see that you mentioned an interest in 6.8. For someone of what I sense your level of interest and sophistication to be, that's a big, big jump. Why not get started with a minimal investment in something that works well enough for training purposes? Look at CMMG: http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/item/Chrome-Lined-Bargain-Bin-16-inch-M4-1490 If you're somewhat serious, add in a .22 LR adapter or a dedicated upper and go from there. Oh, and fourthly, this belonged in semiautomatic rifles, not here.

ETA: And while I'm bitching, you supposedly live in VIRGIN<span style="font-weight: bold">I</span>A.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In that case buy a green one. You can work your way up to the black and cammo ones later

</div></div>

DIY info here on painting his shit:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/front-page-news/

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a second one posted in the semi auto fourm </div></div>

WAY TO GO!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6-KrrIbAEs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6-KrrIbAEs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a second one posted in the semi auto fourm </div></div>

WAY TO GO!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6-KrrIbAEs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6-KrrIbAEs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Damn, that's funny

I'm saying what has already been said but I'm living proof that it works. Using the "Search" button at the top is a great way to find out information. It took me over a year before I made my first post, until that point I never needed too, I always found a thread/post that explained exactly what I needed to know. Even if you don't use the little "Search" fella just spend some time reading through different threads, especially in the Semi-Auto Rifles section.

And remember, if you want a "cheap" AR15...you get what you pay for...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a second one posted in the semi auto fourm </div></div>

Ever thought of posting a third one in the Fitness Forum ?

Whatever you do make sure you spare no expense. Be sure to get one with rails all over it. You need at least two laser sites, one red and one green. A TACTICAL vertical foregrip(don't waste your money on anything unless the package explicitly states that the item is TACTICAL). You will need a tactical light also so you can fill up all the rails on the forend. You will need a long range optic, backed up by a secondary red dot sight, backed up by the most expensive iron sights you can find. If you don't have all of this you will be laughed off of the shooting range and the shame of that day will effect your great grandchildren.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a second one posted in the semi auto fourm </div></div>

WAY TO GO!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6-KrrIbAEs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6-KrrIbAEs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

...........I'll never look at a toilet the same way again...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yeticowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever you do make sure you spare no expense. Be sure to get one with rails all over it. You need at least two laser sites, one red and one green. A TACTICAL vertical foregrip(don't waste your money on anything unless the package explicitly states that the item is TACTICAL). You will need a tactical light also so you can fill up all the rails on the forend. You will need a long range optic, backed up by a secondary red dot sight, backed up by the most expensive iron sights you can find. If you don't have all of this you will be laughed off of the shooting range and the shame of that day will effect your great grandchildren. </div></div>

You're hurtin my baby's feelings
frown.gif

Photo0365.jpg

she doesn't even have a rail anymore! will she be laughed off the range??
wink.gif

Cheap? Buy used. Go over to ar15.com and read. Then read some more. Then go to the hometown forum and look for a local shoot or build party. Try some before you buy.

Did I say read?

VA has some good shows coming up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhOnEpHrEaK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yeticowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever you do make sure you spare no expense. Be sure to get one with rails all over it. You need at least two laser sites, one red and one green. A TACTICAL vertical foregrip(don't waste your money on anything unless the package explicitly states that the item is TACTICAL). You will need a tactical light also so you can fill up all the rails on the forend. You will need a long range optic, backed up by a secondary red dot sight, backed up by the most expensive iron sights you can find. If you don't have all of this you will be laughed off of the shooting range and the shame of that day will effect your great grandchildren. </div></div>

You're hurtin my baby's feelings
frown.gif

Photo0365.jpg

she doesn't even have a rail anymore! will she be laughed off the range??
wink.gif
</div></div>

LMFAO!!! Looks just like mine, except I do still have a cheap ass plastic mako rail on the bottom of my hand guard. Mine lives in the truck. I shoot hogs with it all the time when I'm out working.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilo_Whiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am 18 </div></div>

Ya we can tell...... Get off the COD for awhile then come back and post here.

Buy a simple AR with irons. Shoot the hell out of it till you're great with them then look for a sight. If you think you need one. Don't even worry about modding it, it's you're first AR it'll take you awhile to figure out what the hell you're doin with it, after busting a few expensive parts on it or busting your sight that costs what the rifle did you'll wish you had kept it simple to start.

No need to go out and buy one, Uncle Sam will loan you one for a few years. They will teach you how to use it, issue lots of high speed gear to go with it and accessorize the rifle with nothing but the best parts tax dollars can buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XARMOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No need to go out and buy one, Uncle Sam will loan you one for a few years. They will teach you how to use it, issue lots of high speed gear to go with it and accessorize the rifle with nothing but the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">best</span> parts <span style="text-decoration: line-through">tax dollars can buy</span> that the lowest bidder supplies.</div></div>

Fixed it for you. Oorah, oorah.

Damn they're tearing you a new one almost as bad as they did me when i posted some dumb ass threads.

You really just have to stop posting and read. You'll learn alot, and also you wont get your balls busted.

I bought two from Predator Custom Shop in Knoxville, Tn. Great people and they will build you what you want.