• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the best home defense or CQB offensive gun?

B&T APC10 10mm
My future Florida retirement acquisition

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231226_191907_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20231226_191907_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: wvfarrier
Do you have a link to the fbi study?
Searched for a while and only link I found is now a 404 error. While searching, I did find garand thumb did a video on penetration and confirms what I remember from the FBi study.

~ 8-10 min for 55gr / vmax / 77gr

Reactions: Makinchips208
Once you get past the 90 pound German Shepherd with an attitude....My wife uses a Henry lever action in 357 mag as her home defense rifle. It holds 12 rounds of 357 or 38, whichever she chooses. We outfitted it with a Pro Tac light, MRO and sling. She plays that thing like a race car. She primarily uses Underwood 125 grain 38 +ps and the recoil is zilch. Out of the 20" barrel the power level jumps up to full house 357 mag power. It may not be the most "tacticool" thing out there but it will damn sure ruin someone's day. She has used it for deer, bear, coyotes and the occassional fox.

Last edited:
I have watched a few videos now, and the 223 varmint ammo penetrates less than 9mm fmj or jhp. My personal experience, I've seen 9mm/45 acp go through apartment complexes until they hit exterior walls(about 50 feet). It isn't pretty when drug deals go bad in apartment complexes. Varmint ammo is safer than 9mm/45acp. However, fmj goes through about the same as the handgun ammo in the videos I've watched. Now that my interest has been piqued, I'll do a test comparing 223, 12 and 9 ammo on drywall.

I’ve linked this in other threads, but video demonstration of why frangible matrix slugs are worth a look:

And vs meat targets they do nasty things:

I presume it is a suppressed SBR. Is it a 300 blackout gun or something more powerful like a 308? If so, which? The DDM4 V7P seems great, but possibly the barrel is too long at 10.3”? What suppressor, short or long?

For attachments, I would prefer an EXPS3-0, Cloud Rein 3.0, flip up irons, and a VFG. That’s all I think it would need as this would be used as a room clearing and short engagement distance gun.

Price doesn’t matter.

Who gives a shit? At that distance any rifle will fuck anyone up.

I wonder how effective a system where you (after putting on hearing protection) have a strobe system throughout the entire house and play an ear piercing 160db noise repeatedly.

troll

I have watched a few videos now, and the 223 varmint ammo penetrates less than 9mm fmj or jhp. My personal experience, I've seen 9mm/45 acp go through apartment complexes until they hit exterior walls(about 50 feet). It isn't pretty when drug deals go bad in apartment complexes. Varmint ammo is safer than 9mm/45acp. However, fmj goes through about the same as the handgun ammo in the videos I've watched. Now that my interest has been piqued, I'll do a test comparing 223, 12 and 9 ammo on drywall.
Yavapai County Sheriff's Office (Phoenix area) ran a very detailed test on overpenetration in dry wall/stud walls several years ago. They tested 5.56 FMJ and non FMJ, plus a couple of loads each from 9mm handgun, 40 cal. handgun, and maybe a subgun and shotgun. Not sure as it has been a few years.

Anyway. the test procedures and number of rounds fired had some statistical relevance.
Conclusion was that the 5.56 with expanding rounds out of at least a 14.5" barrel was the safest bet for limiting penetration.

This test was printed as an article in Tactical Edge magazine and at least parts of it reprinted later in at least one off the shelf gun magazine.

If you can find it, there may be info worth reading.

Offense is very different from defense...and not applicable here. Self defense is Okay. ...offense would be likely murder...where grenades, 10" SAW, overwatch, etc might be employed.
Defense, everything is a weapon, 9mm pistol, sharp knife, to candlestick holder, bat, hammer, or the firearm in your hands regardless of size or caliber. Sog Lt says the 22 works well, just shoot em 3 times or so, used 22 to hunt the Sog hunters, on his back trail.

Get you a moat and some hangry crocodiles. Pull up the fucking drawbridge and shoot video, post on Tik Twat.

Reactions: simonp
at least a shotgun is legal pretty much everywhere compared to other options.

and of course, typically takes only one shot of 00 buck (like 8-9 9mm holes).

main-qimg-4e6c7239d781a19d47d4114ea51968e6-c

The best weapon is the one you and your family are most comfortable using. Mossberg 590 is a great choice and AR-15s of course are also excellent choice.

Yavapai County Sheriff's Office (Phoenix area) ran a very detailed test on overpenetration in dry wall/stud walls several years ago. They tested 5.56 FMJ and non FMJ, plus a couple of loads each from 9mm handgun, 40 cal. handgun, and maybe a subgun and shotgun. Not sure as it has been a few years.

Anyway. the test procedures and number of rounds fired had some statistical relevance.
Conclusion was that the 5.56 with expanding rounds out of at least a 14.5" barrel was the safest bet for limiting penetration.

This test was printed as an article in Tactical Edge magazine and at least parts of it reprinted later in at least one off the shelf gun magazine.

If you can find it, there may be info worth reading.

For that bolt part, is the logic that the bullet must be moving fast enough to expand, and that longer barrel is also good to go?

For that bolt part, is the logic that the bullet must be moving fast enough to expand, and that longer barrel is also good to go?
not the quoted person, but yes, expanders of all varieties require minimum velocities to deform and shed energy via the resulting fragmentation and tumbling. different constructions require different minimum velocities

the lighter the bullet, the less velocity is generally required, one reason 5.7x28 with its generally lightweight 40gr bullets might be a better choice for collateral prevention than a 9mm (assuming using v-max type polymer expanders or soft points like speer gold dot)

Reactions: Naaman
1704945751257.png

1. Every night, litter floor with Makibishi/Tetsubishi. Go to bed to sleep the slumber of sweet sweet justice.
1704946230435.jpeg

2. Get hungry, get up, go to the kitchen and step on one

3. After hospital trip, go to bed again, but this time strap on Tekko-Kagi: Hand Claws for protection. You are tiger!
1704946391175.jpeg

4. Wake up to self screaming and bathed in own blood. “Itching self when Tiger bad idea,” is written in your blood-soaked Ninja Journal.

5. Decide to forgo sleep. Hide in dark corners with ninja blowgun. Poison dart first!

6. Fall asleep in hallway; dart slides out blowgun and stabs penis

7. Numb penis means ninja must sleep. Remember! Take out Metsubshi: Blinding Powders and set by bedside. Just in case.

8. Your Shuriken: Throwing Star cork board display above bed falls upon head due to passing train
1704945923667.jpeg

9. Confused and cut by now-loose Shuriken, toss blinding powder like the YT video showed you. The enemy is blind, helpless. The enemy is you.

10. Attempt Harakiri/Seppuku with Fiskars child sissors. Fail.

11. Sob self to sleep in mother’s basement

Last edited:
First, you need a short-barreled CQ rifle.

Second, you need a HEIAP round for home defense. Something that will penetrate multiple assailants wearing Level IV body armor. My preferred HD round is MK211 “Raufoss.” (One shot, many kills. This takes practice.)

Third, you need some kind of LRF with Applied Ballistics to compensate for bullet drop and wind deflection indoors.

Fourth, you need a scope with a large zoom range, like a 6-36x or maybe even 8-40. Tangos can be anywhere in your house by the time you awaken to the sound of a door being breached and however long it takes you to kit-up. I recommend full body armor and NODs.

Lastly, you need some kind of IR laser/illuminator and thermal clipon so you can remain undercover of darkness. You need to “own the night” in your own home and use your strategic and tactical advantages to defeat those meth head scumbags intent on ass raping you and selling your family into international slavery to fund their fiendish addiction.

Here is the ultimate home defense rifle you want to copy.

IMG_8495.jpeg

I shot my .50 BMG at a range that had an indoor firing position to an outdoor target. The muzzle blast blew the switch plate for the ventilation fan off along with all the wood trim. I was happy that I had ear plugs in and ear muffs.

BTW, 12ga coach gun with a combo dragons breath and 00. My version of shake and bake for the house.

First, you need a short-barreled CQ rifle.

Second, you need a HEIAP round for home defense. Something that will penetrate multiple assailants wearing Level IV body armor. My preferred HD round is MK211 “Raufoss.” (One shot, many kills. This takes practice.)

Third, you need some kind of LRF with Applied Ballistics to compensate for bullet drop and wind deflection indoors.

Fourth, you need a scope with a large zoom range, like a 6-36x or maybe even 8-40. Tangos can be anywhere in your house by the time you awaken to the sound of a door being breached and however long it takes you to kit-up. I recommend full body armor and NODs.

Lastly, you need some kind of IR laser/illuminator and thermal clipon so you can remain undercover of darkness. You need to “own the night” in your own home and use your strategic and tactical advantages to defeat those meth head scumbags intent on ass raping you and selling your family into international slavery to fund their fiendish addiction.

Here is the ultimate home defense rifle you want to copy.

View attachment 8320305
you didn’t make mention of the ultimate CQ weapon.

EFE9428A-61E9-4B33-8920-1B630E0CC9AA.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: lash and TheHorta
I presume it is a suppressed SBR. Is it a 300 blackout gun or something more powerful like a 308? If so, which? The DDM4 V7P seems great, but possibly the barrel is too long at 10.3”? What suppressor, short or long?

For attachments, I would prefer an EXPS3-0, Cloud Rein 3.0, flip up irons, and a VFG. That’s all I think it would need as this would be used as a room clearing and short engagement distance gun.

Price doesn’t matter.
I am going to give you a serious answer. In an urban area, I would want something that isn't too big or too loud. I also would not want overpenetration. I go back and forth between a 300 Blackout subs or some kind of PCC. Having messed with them all a little, I am leaning towards the PCC. My two favorites are the HK SP5 suppressed and the B&T APC45 also suppressed.

I own the SP5 and have the Huxwurx Cash 9 can on it, I got a tri lug adapter from their site and it works like a dream. It is soft shooting, extremely easy to handle, very accurate. One of my friends has the APC45 with a Gemtech can on it. There is a little more thump to it compared to the SP5 but when you shoot .45 subs out of it, it is such a pleasure. I like it so much that I talked to my local gun store about ordering one, I prefer the version with the B&T mags over the version with Glock mags.

I am going to give you a serious answer. In an urban area, I would want something that isn't too big or too loud. I also would not want overpenetration. I go back and forth between a 300 Blackout subs or some kind of PCC. Having messed with them all a little, I am leaning towards the PCC. My two favorites are the HK SP5 suppressed and the B&T APC45 also suppressed.

I own the SP5 and have the Huxwurx Cash 9 can on it, I got a tri lug adapter from their site and it works like a dream. It is soft shooting, extremely easy to handle, very accurate. One of my friends has the APC45 with a Gemtech can on it. There is a little more thump to it compared to the SP5 but when you shoot .45 subs out of it, it is such a pleasure. I like it so much that I talked to my local gun store about ordering one, I prefer the version with the B&T mags over the version with Glock mags.
I would figure that the roller delayed action would give you less "port pop". Honestly I would love a little JP JP5 SBR to run a can on.
I run my current JP5 for matches and love it!