• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What is the latest on Premier Reticles?

Re: What is the latest on Premier Reticles?

1st issue was bad tracking when rings were torqued too tightly. They resolved it. 2nd issue which is arguable if it ever actually was an issue was the longevity of the company finances and warranty which was resolved when a big player came in with their big bucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1st issue was bad tracking when rings were torqued too tightly. They resolved it. 2nd issue which is arguable if it ever actually was an issue was the longevity of the company finances and warranty which was resolved when a big player came in with their big bucks. </div></div>

Don't forget that some scopes had a completely ineffective parallax knob.

Do a search. The last info I saw was this. Posted on the hide by plange (Paul at Premier Reticles)

I took a hard look at investing in a product that would be around for a long time and everything Premier has shown to date indicates that is uncertain. I understand there are no guarantees in business but the below made me rethink a 2k+ investment. Also note that if you have a PR modified Leupold scope you are screwed as far as service goes, nobody will touch it including PR since they are not the same as when they were modifying Leupolds in the 90's and early 2000's. The below was the last thing posted in regards to PR's standings on July 5th 2012. HK dave I would love to know of any further updates of their standing if you have any.

"Hi Guys,

The reason I can't give you more info is that there is none to give right now.

ATI has taken the responsibility of service and warranty and I take care of that but as far as PR goes it is in the same status that it was at SHOT so there is nothing new to report. Instead of me or ATI guessing, we are just waiting until there is a true final outcome of which I will then be able to say something that isn't conjecture or opinion or just flat out guessing.
I'm sorry, but I just don't know anything more than that right now.
As far as the line goes, it will continue as is and full support will be available up to and beyond whatever corporate changes may occur.
Again I am here to support the product and when I know something concrete I will certainly let you guys know.
Thanks again,
Paul

Edit to say "If I can be of any further help, please PM me as this issue has been beaten to death here, I promise I will let everyone know as soon as I know something"
Paul"

I can add this, for whatever ya'll think it's worth:

I'm about 99% certain my 5-25 Heritage has something funky going on. It seems to have a random ~.5mrad zero shift, and I think some kind of strange (yet random) tracking issue at about 3mrad on the elevation turret.

Anyway, I emailed Paul a detailed problem description. He promptly emailed me back with contact info of a gentleman at ATI. I called that guy. He asked me to email some specific contact info and serial number of my scope. I did. He promptly returned that email with an RMA number and shipping instructions to send it to Paul.

So far, so good.

Currently waiting to hear back about what's going on with it.

We are currently taking orders for the 5-25x56 in all of the configurations. We have 3-5-25x56 Gen 2xr coming in. We are told 4-6 weeks and no later than 10. We were supposed to get these in August but production had a glitch but has since been resolved. They ARE coming. There are legitimate reasons they haven’t announced the corporate issue yet.

I have a 5x25 PM scope I sent back once.
I have not had a chance to wring it out again yet.
But they did not respond to the problem I had with it.
Using it on my .338 lm setting zero I dropped a round at 300 meters. was 1 mil low, adjusted 1 mil,no change in impact.adjusted 1 more mil and no change, on the 4th turn up for 1 mil I got what I wanted.
I have a mark 4 I paid about half as much for that is spot on all day long!!! I wished they would buy me out on this scope!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old95b10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 5x25 PM scope I sent back once.
Using it on my .338 lm setting zero I dropped a round at 300 meters. was 1 mil low, adjusted 1 mil,no change in impact.adjusted 1 more mil and no change, on the 4th turn up for 1 mil I got what I wanted.
I have a mark 4 I paid about half as much for that is spot on all day long!!! I wished they would buy me out on this scope!!!! </div></div>

Hmmm. Why don't you call PR and speak to them directly about the issue you have with the repaired scope instead of apparently doing nothing about it and posting that shortcoming here? Seems like poor communication on your part to me. Your apparent lack of communication with PR post repair is a problem as I see it and blaming it on PR when PR has not heard back from you is lame on your part.

If you want to sell your PR scope sell it and quit whining. I'm sure there are people who would be willing to buy your broken PR PH scope at a huge discount I know I would.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old95b10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 5x25 PM scope I sent back once.
I have a mark 4 I paid about half as much for that is spot on all day long!!! I wished they would buy me out on this scope!!!! </div></div>

Hmmm. Why don't you call PR and speak to them directly about the issue you have with the scope instead of apparently doing nothing about it and posting that shortcoming here? Seems like poor communication on your part to me. Your apparent lack of communication with PR is the problem as I see it. Blaming it on PR when PR has not heard from you is lame on your part.

If you want to sell your PR scope sell it and quit whining. I'm sure there are people who would be willing to buy your broken PR PH scope at a huge discount I know I would.

</div></div>

It sounds like he sent it back once already and they didn't fix the issue. No need to accuse him of poor communication and telling him to quit whining when you clearly don't know the whole story.

I for one have recently purchased a Schmidt & Bender but honestly my dream scope was a PR 3-15x50 gen2XR. I just could not bring myself to buying one when everything is still in the air. If things settle and ATI and PR come out with an impressive info release explaining the rocky road and how they plan on progressing the line over the next few years maybe I will rethink my rig.

Until then, for all PR owners I wish nothing but the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 71firebird400</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It sounds like he sent it back once already and they didn't fix the issue. No need to accuse him of poor communication and telling him to quit whining when you clearly don't know the whole story. </div></div>
I have clarified my previous post for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt2143</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I for one have recently purchased a Schmidt & Bender but honestly my dream scope was a PR 3-15x50 gen2XR. I just could not bring myself to buying one when everything is still in the air. If things settle and ATI and PR come out with an impressive info release explaining the rocky road and how they plan on progressing the line over the next few years maybe I will rethink my rig.

Until then, for all PR owners I wish nothing but the best. </div></div>
I bought a used PH 5-25x56 w/gen2XR at a fair price last year that turned out to be broken from a fellow Hide member. Needless to say I was irked. I called PR, overnighted the scope and it was repaired by PR no questions asked and back in my hands in less than 10 calendar days. IMO that is some good customer service. Buy with confidence.

I'm a fairly new Premier owner and from my one experience contacting Premier, it left me feeling pretty good.

Time will tell how wonderful the scope is... but thus far i think it's a thing of beauty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can add this, for whatever ya'll think it's worth:

I'm about 99% certain my 5-25 Heritage has something funky going on. It seems to have a random ~.5mrad zero shift, and I think some kind of strange (yet random) tracking issue at about 3mrad on the elevation turret.

Anyway, I emailed Paul a detailed problem description. He promptly emailed me back with contact info of a gentleman at ATI. I called that guy. He asked me to email some specific contact info and serial number of my scope. I did. He promptly returned that email with an RMA number and shipping instructions to send it to Paul.

So far, so good.

Currently waiting to hear back about what's going on with it. </div></div>

Update: Scope is on it's way back to me, though I haven't had the chance to chat with Paul about what was wrong with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can add this, for whatever ya'll think it's worth:

So far, so good.

Update: Scope is on it's way back to me, though I haven't had the chance to chat with Paul about what was wrong with it. </div></div>

Update: Heard back from Paul. My elevatin turret was loose. He rebuilt it and it's on its way home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old95b10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 5x25 PM scope I sent back once.

Thanks for the input, I myself don't want to deal with CS, any CS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old95b10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 5x25 PM scope I sent back once.

Thanks for the input, I myself don't want to deal with CS, any CS. </div></div>

Then you better not buy ANY scope, cause sooner or later, you'll have a problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old95b10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 5x25 PM scope I sent back once.

Then stick to iron sights. ALL rifle optics can and will fail at some point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old95b10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 5x25 PM scope I sent back once.

Then stick to iron sights. ALL rifle optics can and will fail at some point.

</div></div>

I think I will stick to my 3 Nightforces, 2 Leupolds, and 3 ACOGs.

Never heard any problems with S&B ever. I would like to try one of those one of these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never heard any problems with S&B ever. </div></div>

No maker, even S&B, is immune from problems.

IIRC, Lowlight just recently had an issue with an S&B.

Seems someone has woken up the troll again.

If you don't own a Premier or don't plan to, WTF are you here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Montag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never heard any problems with S&B ever. </div></div>

No maker, even S&B, is immune from problems.

IIRC, Lowlight just recently had an issue with an S&B. </div></div>

seems few and far between. I will take my chances with S&B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems someone has woken up the troll again.

If you don't own a Premier or don't plan to, WTF are you here? </div></div>

Why all the Secrecy? This is an open forum right?

Then again, I can understand the fanbois and Scope manufacturers point of view too, they only want good stuff to say about their scopes... as for me, I like to hear both sides. If I ever have any problems with my scopes, I am not going to keep it a secret, in addition of how it broke, I will share with everyone my CS experiences.

Since you have no personal experience with Premier, except for what you're regurgitating from the internet, what is the point of any of your posts on this thread?

"I like Nightforce and ACOG and even though I never touched an S&B I like S&B"

Really?

That's called TROLLING.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you have no personal experience with Premier, except for what you're regurgitating from the internet, what is the point of any of your posts on this thread?

"I like Nightforce and ACOG and even though I never touched an S&B I like S&B"

Really?

That's called TROLLING. </div></div>

old95b10 gave his experience with Premier, and some people did not appreciate his posts. I on the other hand thanked him for his posts. Then after my "thank you", things came back to me, and I am just following up.

Is that trolling? Also if you look at my sig, you will see I am not a Troll, I am a trapper.

TRAPPED!!!

Ah found a solution. Added you to my ignore list. Much better now.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah found a solution. Added you to my ignore list. Much better now.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Glad you found a solution and it worked out for you. However, how come people can't figure this out from the very beginning?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never heard any problems with S&B ever. I would like to try one of those one of these days. </div></div>

Well, open your ears because you're about to "hear" about one:

I scratched my head for a year trying to figure out why my 24" 308 was chronoing @ 2650 with 175smks, yet with a 200 yard zero, was only requiring 11.5 MOA of elevation.

At ranges between ~350 and 750, it was pretty common to hear my partner call "come 2 moa down!".

Finally, sense kicked in and I did a full-range elevation tracking test to discover that somewhere between 5moa and 10moa on the turret, the scope would just "advance" an extra 2 moa. At 50 yards I set up a tall piece of paper. I fired a group at a tiny dot with "0" dialed. Then I shot a group with 33 moa dialed (top of the first turn of the turret), then another group at 66 (top of the second turn).

The group that should have printed 33moa high ACTUALLY printed 35moa high, and the group that should have been at 66 was actually at 68.

I sent it to Bender and they fixed me up right quick, no problem.

As I stated before, if you don't ever want to deal with customer service, you better not buy any kind of scope, cause they're all going to fuck up at some point.

Good luck.

I had my S&B go down on me as well, when I dialed left wind the reticle would travel on an arc instead of straight across. That being said their CS is superb and having dealt with Premier's as well I would say both companies have the customer service thing down. I would have to agreed with what other have said here, anything as complex as these scopes will occasionally go down, its how they respond to problems that makes companies stand out.

Ive overheard a very well known rifle builder say that he won't run Schmidts cause he has had too many break during matches.

again thanks for the all the inputs! See was that hard to tell about your bad experiences?

I still don't like dealing with CS, so the guy who screws up less will get my easy earned dinero. Let's here about some more bad experiences!!!

Isn't it neat they pitched a fit about liberty optics selling their scopes for a good deal...They should have been happy they were even selling scopes at all

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuppressorJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't it neat they pitched a fit about liberty optics selling their scopes for a good deal...They should have been happy they were even selling scopes at all </div></div>

LOL.. Truth!

What I even love more than that is there are people who think I should learn how to love customer service.

Threads like this makes me realize why I love Gun Forums so much!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can add this, for whatever ya'll think it's worth:

So far, so good.

Update: Scope is on it's way back to me, though I haven't had the chance to chat with Paul about what was wrong with it. </div></div>

Update: Heard back from Paul. My elevatin turret was loose. He rebuilt it and it's on its way home. </div></div>

Update: Scope is back in my lovin' arms. Thanks Premier!

I'm waiting on a 5X25 and yeah...maybe a little apprehension given the company uncertainty but my 3-15X PH-Tactical is a great scope and I like it as much as my S&B. My only complaint is that its not a 25X and putting index marks on the parralax knob would be nice, otherwise I'd call it badass glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oakland Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are legitimate reasons they haven’t announced the corporate issue yet.</div></div>

Can you give us any additional info on this?

Just got my shipping confirmation on a new 5-25x56 PR scopes. They will be at my shop on Friday. Premier Reticles in what ever corporate form it takes is 110% commited to the same quality and customer service that past users have enjoyed. When they are ready they will make the announcement.

About 6 months ago I was in the market for a new scope. I was buying used here on the Hide. At first I was thinking a Premier. But then I heard about selling out, and to overseas company. That sealed the deal for me, US OPTICS I went with and have never regreated it. Sent the scope back to them to have a elevation stop disc removed from it. I had wore a lot of finish off of the scope twisting it in the rings to center the erector. The refinished it at no charge. US Optics forever for me.

I never could break my Premier, I'm having sellers remorse.

My 3.5 to 15 is still rock solid after about four years of abuse. I am really happy with it.

How interesting.

I rather enjoy my Premier.
smile.gif

I had a 3-15 with the Gen 2 mil-dot that I got for a really good price, but kept on hearing about the stability issues with the company which made me sell mine. I really regret selling it and sold it for way too little money. The internet and the hearsay/rumors is like the stock market ie. a few big dogs say something negative about a company/product causing the demand and prices for said product to plummet. Being as I don't have a Premier anymore I don't have a dog in the fight, but I will say it was an amazing scope as for the companies stability, no idea. Honestly in this economy do we really know the financial stability of any of the manufacturers...?