• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what is the most likely reason explination?

AtownBcat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2009
Aledo, Texas
So I have started load development for my 6.5x47. Im using lapua brass, 140g AMax, federal match small rifle primers. The 7,8, and 9th shots from the rifle measured .202 so the accuracy looks great. My question is that Im getting pressure signs very early. like 38.6g of 4350. Now most people are up around 40.5-41.5 before they have pressure. I have not been able to either shoot over a chrony or shoot at distance to check velosity. So what is it that causes rifles built by the same builder with the same barrel maker to be so different as far as where pressure is reached?

Re: what is the most likely reason explination?

Lots of variables involved. I have one gun (GAP Crusader) with a tighter chamber than my other guns in that caliber. It gets higher velocities than the other guns with identical loads, but starts showing pressure signs earlier, too.