• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is up with the Narcan commercials

Because those questions are loaded, non sequiturs, or attempts at presupposition, and by "lefty" you really mean "someone who doesn't exactly agree with my preferred use of force by the government".

Hint: the fact that you're trying to this thread into a brow-beating on the death penalty is a pretty good example of your inability to contribute to honest discussion and provide logically-consistent reasoning.
Logical consistency. You kill someone, you get killed. Can't get much more consistent than that.
By lefty I mean folks who see personal responsibility and consequences the same way a vampire sees a crucifix and holy water.

Reactions: supercorndogs
While some people need killin' for sure, our government can fuck up a gas can. I think it's a legitimate argument from a conservative/libertarian point of view that they abuse and misuse any power we give them, and they demonstrate time after time that they cannot use the power they already have in a responsible way.
Even the judiciary is totally politicized and captured by the left. As we see with political prosecutions and gross miscarriages of justice and "judges" who don't care what the law says as long as they get the outcomes they want, it is entirely reasonable to question if our judicial branch is capable of dispensing "justice" when they selectively prosecute, and judges disregard the written law.
It doesn't come from the left at all when I ask: Is our justice system good enough to make an irreversible decision? There are plenty of cases where I think the perpetrator is guilty as hell and deserves to be kicked off the planet, but that doesn't mean that I trust our government enough to give it the power to kill it's citizens. Don't assume that because someone is against the death penalty it means they sympathize with criminals. For me teh conundrum is how aweful I think our government is, and how poorly our judiciary is staffed. There are idiot judges on our supreme court. How many idiots populate the rest of the judiciary? How many are purely political animals who follow their sick politics and not the law? More and more I see rulings that are literally out of left field. Doesn't inspire much confidence in a blind justice capable of making an irreversible decision.

Please go see how many muderers and child molesters we have in prison. I would say the government has fucked up the death penalty in favor of rapists and murders at the behest of people who want us to pay to house them for the rest of their lives.

We wouldn't need narcan if they'd just let us buy drug dealer tags. I'd have a tree stand over a pile of bike frames and be curing America of it's dilemma.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
I have recently seen a few commercials about Narcan available to stop an opioid emergency.

Can non-medical people buy this now? Is the problem that widespread that people need to carry Narcan kits?

WTF are we turning into
Brother, we have been in a Ferrari in top gear maxed out in this direction for four years now.

When I say ponder...I mean that I ponder why we LET this happen. Like you, I am fully aware of why it happened.
Muh pension and muh ocean cruise and muh new Silverado and muh McMansion and muh credit card debt and muh public schools raise my kids and muh forever instead of taking responsibility for literally anything

Without enforcement of these crazed policies, how much success would they garner?

R

Many early American fortunes, especially those of members of our own government, were "won" in The China Trade. If you don't think there are powerful people profiting massively from the "New China Trade" I have a bridge to sell you. With that kind of money you can buy alot of protection. Qui bono? Who benefits?

Many early American fortunes, especially those of members of our own government, were "won" in The China Trade. If you don't think there are powerful people profiting massively from the "New China Trade" I have a bridge to sell you. With that kind of money you can buy alot of protection. Qui bono? Who benefits?
Fully aware of who financially benefits.
Takes boots on the ground, locally, to make it reality.

R

“Addicts are the most vile scum of the earth and they deserve to be shot in the street”

why?

“Well, because they’re thieves that steal and lie and hurt people to feed their habit”

ok, well if dope was cheap and legal and plentiful and made by a local mom n pop do you think that would be the case? Do you think the state would need to take care of so many of these peoples kids if their parents weren’t dead or in jail or labeled a felon for life from a possession charge?

So junkies may lie and cheat and steal but they’re not taking %40 of every dollar I make and using it to kill people all around the world and hire dudes to tell me I can’t own certain pieces of metal or they’ll kill me.

Brother, we have been in a Ferrari in top gear maxed out in this direction for four years now.

How long?

I'm of the D.A.R.E. generation. Damn near every aspect of this problem has been actively made worse over the span of my entire life, and the only thing to show for it is 100,000 deaths each year and bigger government.

How long?

I'm of the D.A.R.E. generation. Damn near every aspect of this problem has been actively made worse over the span of my entire life, and the only thing to show for it is 100,000 deaths each year and bigger government.
I actually think from the time of Adam

“Addicts are the most vile scum of the earth and they deserve to be shot in the street”

why?

“Well, because they’re thieves that steal and lie and hurt people to feed their habit”

ok, well if dope was cheap and legal and plentiful and made by a local mom n pop do you think that would be the case? Do you think the state would need to take care of so many of these peoples kids if their parents weren’t dead or in jail or labeled a felon for life from a possession charge?

So junkies may lie and cheat and steal but they’re not taking %40 of every dollar I make and using it to kill people all around the world and hire dudes to tell me I can’t own certain pieces of metal or they’ll kill me.
They only vote for those doing your mentioned things.
I've been in many states that went recreational, it hasn't gotten better.

R

R
I think this demonstrates part of the point I’m trying to make. If there weren’t any people allowed to have authority over others it wouldn’t matter what other people do with their lives.

Also I’ve met many a trump loving/voting copper thieving meth addicts.

R

If banning it doesn't work and legalization doesn't work, then maybe government won't fix this problem.

why?

They do a lot more than lie cheat and steal. They murder, rape, and maim. They cause traffic collisions. They breed like rabbits creating more junkies. Legalizing drugs will not do anything to alleviate the problem.

They do a lot more than lie cheat and steal. They murder, rape, and maim. They cause traffic collisions. They breed like rabbits creating more junkies. Legalizing drugs will not do anything to alleviate the problem.

You can say the same for alcohol users. We tried a broad government solution to that problem once and it didn't go well.

While some people need killin' for sure, our government can fuck up a gas can. I think it's a legitimate argument from a conservative/libertarian point of view that they abuse and misuse any power we give them, and they demonstrate time after time that they cannot use the power they already have in a responsible way.
Even the judiciary is totally politicized and captured by the left. As we see with political prosecutions and gross miscarriages of justice and "judges" who don't care what the law says as long as they get the outcomes they want, it is entirely reasonable to question if our judicial branch is capable of dispensing "justice" when they selectively prosecute, and judges disregard the written law.
It doesn't come from the left at all when I ask: Is our justice system good enough to make an irreversible decision? There are plenty of cases where I think the perpetrator is guilty as hell and deserves to be kicked off the planet, but that doesn't mean that I trust our government enough to give it the power to kill it's citizens. Don't assume that because someone is against the death penalty it means they sympathize with criminals. For me teh conundrum is how aweful I think our government is, and how poorly our judiciary is staffed. There are idiot judges on our supreme court. How many idiots populate the rest of the judiciary? How many are purely political animals who follow their sick politics and not the law? More and more I see rulings that are literally out of left field. Doesn't inspire much confidence in a blind justice capable of making an irreversible decision.
One can recognize inherent problems in a system w/o thinking that means to eliminate the system.

Yes much of government is corrupt, inefficient, and wasteful. Is that reason to end it, or reign it in?

No one wants to answer the question of what happens if you're wronged in an anarchist system.
A drunk guy blows a stop sign and totals your car. Your insurance denies damage from illegal acts. What do you do?