• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what is your fav coon gun ?

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
when or if you have to shoot ratcoons, if you hunt them or if they are comming into your yard eating your dogs food or what ever it may be what do you use ?

i use my usp 45 tac and aac suppressor, i only use this cause its the only ( for now ) suppressed weapon i have.

Re: what is your fav coon gun ?

i need a 12 ga, my bro has a 10ga but i dont use his things when is isnt around plus how would i old the light and shoot a rifle/shotgun at them lol

suppressed 22 lr bolt action . gotta love it when one falls over and the others come to see what happened to their buddy ...

winchester m67 .22 i have shot alot of things with that little rifle, i used to shoot grasshoppers off the gravel road with it, not too smart i know but i was young and dumb at the time......

The Winchester 67 works for me. I got it 63 years ago and it still works just fine. I use Hollow point CB caps. Out of the long barrel on that thing it is almost silent. You won't hear it 100 feet away on a still night. I also use a hollow pointing tool I got from Paco Kelly to make the hollow point really big. Go to Leverguns.com and search for it. Works on 'possums too...they are so dumb and prehistoric that a brain shot with a standard CB hollow point doesn't let them know they are dead for five or ten minutes. The augmented hollow point is "lights out". JMHO

Right now I use my Marlin 1894 in 44 magnum. But I am shopping for a Marlin 1894 in either 25-20 or 32-20. The 32-20 would be easier to cast a bullet for, but I would also buy the 25-20. Calling raccoons with an e-caller is one of the funnest things I have ever done. When the coon's come in they are looking for a fight. I want the smaller cartridge to do less pelt damage. And it will also be a lot quieter than my 44. I will load the cartridge down with the cast bullet. Tom.

stock-photo-gold-engraved-gangster-pistol-isolated-on-white-29395975.jpg

Some friends of mine from years ago swore by the Remington Nylon 66s. They would wrap them in reflective tape so if they laid them down, they could be easily found with a flashlight.

I'd probably just grab my AR with 55 grain ballistic tips.

If I had a .220 Swift or 22-250, I'd use that.

If they piss me off, it's 110 grain Vmaxes and the .308.

A 10/22 mounted in a Choate tactical stock and fitted with a Bushnell Elite 3200 1.5-4.5x32 matte scope with firefly (glow-in-the-dark) reticle. It is also fitted with a Tac-Star Weapons Light System 2000 – a 6,500 candlepower light. Perfect rig for the occassion.

url]

looks like a mixture of 22lr and shotguns, i have been using my usp tactical with aac suppressor, maybe ill just switch to my p22 and save the 45 acp

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like a mixture of 22lr and shotguns, i have been using my usp tactical with aac suppressor, maybe ill just switch to my p22 and save the 45 acp </div></div>

So you are now saying you were randomly spraying and praying with a 45 ....

You really shouldnt own guns.

I use a Mark II Ruger pistol with a red dot scope. All you need when they are treed. It is the easiest thing to have busting through the briar patches and cutovers.

They are normally afraid to come down very low because my father's Walker "Recon" scares them to death. He likes to mark a tree by chewing off bark, and frothing his saliva in a menacing way. I carry an M6 Scout and fell them with the .22LR. My dad used to carry this spotter light with about 8 "D" batteries. I went once and carried a small, single-battery Surefire and was spotting beside him. He turned his light off and looked at my hand. You would have thought that I had magically turned 2 rocks into a pound of bacon, he was so amazed. I sent him one that year for Christmas, and he used it at the church candlelight service to repeatedly spotlight my mom in the choir...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he used it at the church candlelight service to repeatedly spotlight my mom in the choir... </div></div>

m9 works, m4 is better if ya like to see ther heads explode. i spose a 22lr would work but dont seem like itd be as "reactive"

I use a 500 badass, thats my own design, a 50 cal case necked down to 17hmr, works like a champ

when or if you have to shoot ratcoons,

Depends,
Do you want to walk him out to a couple of young hounds, Kill him dead and get the old dog back to hunting, or be REAL quite because seas...... Just be real quite.

Coons are very vicious they will sometimes charge even after a well placed first round thats why I always use a 500 nitro double rifle for the knock down power and the quick follow up shot which is often needed.

when not using my 500 BA I use a broom, "Mama just sweeps em off the porch"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">suppressed 22 lr bolt action . gotta love it when one falls over and the others come to see what happened to their buddy ... </div></div>

+1
got one last night in fact