• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars What Knife is in your pocket right now?

Cold Steel Swift in CTS-XHP. Or maybe it's CHP-XTS.

I don't like the opening assist. Seems stupid to me, and more than once, I've found the knife starting to open in my pocket. I have had automatic knives, and I just don't get it. It's not that hard to open a knife all by yourself.

Reactions: Remington_Steel
20201214_162030.jpg

Zt 0550 today.

I started carrying the Emerson Commander in 2002, coupled with the Spyderco Delica. Carried those for a long, long time on duty and off.
I replaced the Delica with the newer all black Delica two years ago. Really only did that as the pocket clip on the older one was coming loose from time to time.

I added the Tenacious in as an off duty carry knife along with the old Delica. The Emerson and new Delica stayed with the work gear.

I added the Hinderer probably two years ago, I started carrying it on duty but I was always concerned about losing it or leaving it in a lock box somewhere. It’s actually been carried very little.

I decided the ZT 0350 was next, so I promptly dulled up the combo blade on the first one at a crash scene. I ordered a plan blade so I actually have two of the (combo blade not pictured) that I carry on duty. If I lose one or the blade needs sharpened I can simply trade one in and out.

The Purple or Blue, Blurple they called it ParaMilitary 2 is a recent addition. I’ve been carrying it or the Tenacious off duty.

There been others, a CRKT, a KaBar TDI folder, etc. This main group is what I either always went back to or picked up more recently.

Attachments

• DF1E8D55-8439-4330-AA50-F5105A0B9795.jpeg
    DF1E8D55-8439-4330-AA50-F5105A0B9795.jpeg
    816.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 9B22B76F-A160-417F-83C4-CAD3B97E18AC.jpeg
    9B22B76F-A160-417F-83C4-CAD3B97E18AC.jpeg
    840 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Took this photo a while back using a technique called painting with light. Dark room, long exposure, iphone screen for light moving it around the subject. Smoke added in post.

The blade is a Spyderco Sub-Hilt Valloton collaboration. This one is either manual open or hidden full auto. Valloton took some and modified then numbered them. The G10 at the bolster is the trigger.

EFAE455F-C46A-4CF3-8AED-19DED5BC0FC7.jpeg

7233889C-D22E-4829-8F92-609810C28B62.jpeg

Attachments

• 3362B088-50AD-4752-A0C8-C3BDA49EAD68.jpeg
    3362B088-50AD-4752-A0C8-C3BDA49EAD68.jpeg
    810.6 KB · Views: 33
My micro tech cost me 10 dollars for every year of my life (the day I bought it) but I would buy another for sure. Sometimes the price tag is worth it.

Please! Please post pics of any and all microtech knives. Busse and half face blades. Totally not common. The community deserves pictures and dense info. 🤖

You have a sic collection of blades for sure. The wives are always going to believe we should be spending all the money on them. It’s always temping.

Thanks. Thing i like about my collection none of them live in the drawer. They all get used at some point. Unless I'm on the boat... then I'm picky cause I dont wanna send one into the drink.

20201223_175804.jpg

Today I dug out an old mel pardue/benchmade auto. I dont remember the model. Sent it in for a lifesharp tune up couple years ago. Got a new launch spring and they gave the blade a face-lift. Either this one or my 710 will get passed down to my oldest son at some point. And my youngest will get the other one.

Dude, that kids gonna get all your stuff one day. Bunch of your stuff is going to end up with your grand kids.

I will leave out letters from words if I’m posting with a good buzz. 😁

I bet you will get your Chavez. They’re beautiful. I’ve never seen one in person.
I ordered a Busse knife a few days ago. I can’t wait till it’s here.

Me neither but the style of them in definetly in my wheel house. He did some with Micarta inlays that made my pants tight. Guy posted a carbon fiber one on this thread not long ago.