• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars What Knife is in your pocket right now?

Vintage, well used but very sharp Gerber USA Boot knife

1470B1D9-5FBD-4B66-AE51-0ABD6E5EA922.jpeg
F54FF24F-1065-4333-8BCD-5BAA2B0DF5CD.jpeg

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
These are always on hand.

Attachments

• E4A2FADC-1A1B-4907-B2B0-AA0974BB7DEA.jpeg
    E4A2FADC-1A1B-4907-B2B0-AA0974BB7DEA.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 62
I've had this Cold Steel AK for about 10 years now and have absolutely beat the ever loving hell out of it. It was my duty knife for 8 of those years and I think I may have paid $60. Whatever replaces it will be American made, but this thing will always be a favorite. That pommel on the end has broken a lot of shit.
IMG_0165.jpg

I've had this Cold Steel AK for about 10 years now and have absolutely beat the ever loving hell out of it. It was my duty knife for 8 of those years and I think I may have paid $60. Whatever replaces it will be American made, but this thing will always be a favorite. That pommel on the end has broken a lot of shit. View attachment 7520298
The AK 47 and its counterpart the M-16
9F6B0C4F-5DA0-4BAC-B64D-6ADBD8C396F5.jpeg

Right now this ZT is the chosen one.

IMG_20210216_141841.jpg

But every few months I'll switch out to any of these, yeah even the Halo. I use my knives, not just look at them.

0513171909b.jpg

Reactions: ItsMmmike
GG Hawk Knives MUDD auto. Awesome knife
Also own one of their Deadlocks. An OTF auto that has a solid lockup with no wiggle in the blade

Hogue Ritter for the past while. Probably gonna drop down to an Ontario RAT soon though, we’re kind of hard on blades at my day gig and I’d rather beat up AUS-8 that sharpens easy than M390 that’s a PITA, haha.

Attachments

• 91FE8C0D-CA23-4AFC-A69E-FCC63E08CC57.jpeg
    91FE8C0D-CA23-4AFC-A69E-FCC63E08CC57.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 45
I’d rather beat up AUS-8 that sharpens easy than M390 that’s a PITA, haha.

There you say something.

I´ve really spend a little effort to get my first super steel knife, with M4.
But then I wasn´t able to sharpen it properly, it was definetely a PITA and still is.

I´ve learned that you only can sharpen it with diamond stones (harder than the steel), so I got me some and now it works better.

But this is my first and will be my last super steel knife I´ve bought.

Reactions: Basher
There you say something.

But then I wasn´t able to sharpen it properly, it was definetely a PITA and still is.

I´ve learned that you only can sharpen it with diamond stones (harder than the steel), so I got me some and now it works better.

True story. I have knives in zdp, 3v, elmax and some other higher end steels.

I keep going back to d2 and cpm154 for general use knives and 52100 and Aeb-l in the kitchen.

Reactions: Basher
ZT 0452 CF S35VN, for the last 8 months or so, love it. But. Thinking of replacing the CF scale for something with more friction -- any suggestions ?

ZT 0452 CF S35VN, for the last 8 months or so, love it. But. Thinking of replacing the CF scale for something with more friction -- any suggestions ?
G10 is grippy, even when wet. Micarta is even more grippy when wet. Both are great scale types. Here is a good read:

Reactions: Tchitcherine
Gerber Multi-tool, older one with needle nose pliers/wire cutter. I have several different models but the needle nose if my preferred one.

There you say something.

Yep, the wonder steels are amazing at working forever and ever, but of you don’t know how to care for them, or just don’t make the time to, you’ll pay for it in the end! For certai applications, I love them. But for most everything else, I prefer more pedestrian steels.

If I’m really beating on it, AUS-8 is amazing because it’s dirt cheap, but takes a keen edge that’s easy to bring back. Another good option is 1095, but it’ll rust much faster.

For something a little nicer that I want to hold an edge a bit better and that I won’t be beating on quite as hard (ie not hard use, but more every day general use), VG-10 and CPM154 are fantastic. D2 is as well, but again, it’ll rust faster.

And for “flashy” EDC, S30V is my usual go-to. Takes a solid edge, lasts a long time, but is on the upper end of the scale for effort required to bring an edge back for regular use. Anything above that starts to become a PITA to sharpen if I let it go too long, LOL.

Also carrying a Benchmade Bugout, both it and the mini are such good EDC knives. Now I need a set of those scales! :)
Here's my Bugout and Mini Bugout, both wearing Flytanium G10 scales. Gray on the Bugout and Black on the Mini. Bugout has titanium deep clip, I believe it's a MXGear, but can't remember. VERY lightweight knives. I carry them on a rotation. Love them both.

bugouts1.jpg

bugouts2.jpg

bugouts3.jpg

Today is a Spyderco Military. Prefer my PM2 and Manix 2, but have to keep the rotation consistent.