• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars What Knife is in your pocket right now?

Just picked up a Benchmade mini griptillian, i like it so far, but I am wondering if I would have been better served with the non mini version.

I carry a Gerber USA sv40 06-auto. It's a bit heavy but has served me well. I'm also a huge benchmade fan. The Gerber was a gift but it about wore out now.

I have an Emerson Sheepdog, but it's not really an EDC kind of knife. It takes up a lot of room in the pocket, and roughs up your fingers if you need anything else in that pocket beside the knife!

Spyderco Paramilitary 2 most of the time. Occasionally the Chaparral Titanium.

Today we have the Ontario Rat 1 in D2. Best sub $50 folder available, IMO.
Rat1D2.jpg

Reactions: prepsheriff
Buck folder. Comfortable, tough, takes a good edge, reasonable price.

Attachments

• F0A71A0B-7BAF-4079-BED5-8A519DD81660.jpeg
    F0A71A0B-7BAF-4079-BED5-8A519DD81660.jpeg
    311.1 KB · Views: 147
Just picked up this Goblin, to replace the Arius I lost at work.

Attachments

• qIHXkV+8S9evxZMrBPBsEQ.jpg
    qIHXkV+8S9evxZMrBPBsEQ.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 168
kershaw blur s30v. Takes a wicked edge and holds it well

Attachments

• B01D824F-17F4-4278-84CE-83FD4AF850A9.jpeg
    B01D824F-17F4-4278-84CE-83FD4AF850A9.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 162
JA Baker STAC with with green micarta handles and an orange spacer. This one is in CPM-154 and has thicker micarta for my larger sized hands. Custom kydex by a friend of mine who is no longer in the game.

3.5" blade, 4" handle. My favorite fixed daily carry knife. I had another in this thread made of CPM M4 that I gifted to my brother in law.

Give JA's knives a look!

STACOG.jpg

I carry a Kershaw Leek. I like the thinner blade for cutting up things like cardboard where thicker blades can drag. It's also cheap enough that if I loose it, no big deal.

What i am carrying is not what I want and have not been able to find anything close.

I want a four inch tanto blade with serrations with glass breaker on butt and full auto opening with pocket clip and prefferable G10 grip with blade lock. No Gerbers.

Or someone could sell me their Kershaw Rogue [dicontinued] for a reasonable price.

Thanks DannC

I carry a Kershaw Leek. I like the thinner blade for cutting up things like cardboard where thicker blades can drag. It's also cheap enough that if I loose it, no big deal.
carried Leek couple years and it a good thin easy carry cutter to have, have cut a lot of cardboard and miscellaneous stuff with it . Have had a lot of Kershaws for work carry cutters .
Also .. have a Launch 8 . it razor sharp and I just used to cut thew plastic straps and shrink wrap on a delivery this morning .
Launch 8 with Leek.jpg

Leek and Launch 8.jpg

This is the knife I carry daily. Fly fishing, standing in rivers, forging, grinding, out and about, even bushcraft and skinning critters.

095898F1-A394-4809-AC8A-8B09E6A13667.jpeg

DDK Knives Knightrider (he’s on IG). This one is prototype #2 of the frame lock version. CPM154, titanium frame lock, CNC’d texture and all that. It’s been carried daily for several years, I don’t dry it or clean it, not even after wading the river all day. Pivot tension gets adjusted every now and again, but that’s it. I think it’s been sharpened 2 or 3 times now. Hell of a knife.

Here’s one he had at BLADE this year:

2BEB2A54-B721-4287-B4F7-4AE2F2C01588.jpeg

I'm at work now so I have a Buck 112 slim select, great knife, inexpensive, durable, decent edge retention, and not an arm and leg to replace if lost.

Mike

A dull cheapass buck
From Wally world

If its dull its not a knife.

Cheap or not sharpen it.

Its only a danger to you being dull.

When I lend my knife to coworkers I have to warn them its sharp because so many people are used to dull knives they do stupid shit like run their fingers along the blade to see if its a sharp.

A life time of doing that with dull knives and paying no price sets them up for big failure when they do it with a sharp knife.

Trusty Kobalt razor and my Leatherman are always by my side. Not fancy, but always sharp and ready for work.

Attachments

• 770687AD-6170-4E80-8472-285CB78A12C8.jpeg
    770687AD-6170-4E80-8472-285CB78A12C8.jpeg
    716.5 KB · Views: 127
Hinderer XM-18 3.5 no choil spanto....love this damn knife! Added a carbon fiber scale, some ano'd blue hardware, and a Crusader tab to it. Don't think I've ever getting rid of this blade.