• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars What Knife is in your pocket right now?

Microtech Hellhound
EAE9E232-9EC2-47F1-A6EF-447029EA3C1E.jpeg

Tops Tanimboca Puukko
Are they made with a full tang?
The rat tail tang of the traditional puukko is sometimes considered a weakness. A traditional puukko is really meant for relatively delicate work. If you want to use it for prying, you might break it.

Are they made with a full tang?
The rat tail tang of the traditional puukko is sometimes considered a weakness. A traditional puukko is really meant for relatively delicate work. If you want to use it for prying, you might break it.
Yes, it is a full tang. TOPS is known for their heat treatment of 1095, and the Puukko is 1095. I do not pry with my knives. That's what pry bars are made for.

Reactions: perttime
Older Moore Maker made in Matador Texas and an old Case with a good pick blade.

Spyderco PM-2, G-10, CPM S30V. Used for about a year now, holds an edge, not too hard to sharpen, dependable. No complaints.

I haven't found a need to carry a knife in my pajamas for the last 3.5 years.

Ain't retirement grand?????

But when I do, it's an AK47. I like spring operated knives.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Same model I have been carrying for better than 10yrs
Ken Onion 1550ST, have two backups in case I misplace one or break one and need to send it in.
Don't feel right not having it in my pocket at all times

Reactions: Tchitcherine
Same model I have been carrying for better than 10yrs
Ken Onion 1550ST, have two backups in case I misplace one or break one and need to send it in.
Don't feel right not having it in my pocket at all times

I went through a few of those, from back in the ‘90s, all the non-serrated version. Really handy, quick opening, useful. Lost one for a while, turned out it was in the sink dispose-all. Guess how I found it — FML. It survived and still gets used.

Took this to the deer stand today. Gift from my BIL. Pretty neat little thing
340E025D-AE0B-4AF3-A2CA-D4CEEF5231E3.jpeg

Benchmade 710. It was a gift from my wife the first year we were married. It was my EDC for a few years but I quit carrying it because I grew to not like partially serrated blades. I recently rediscovered it and damn this is a nice knife, BM shouldn't have discontinued it.

CRK Small Sebenza 21 for when I am feeling pretty:

20191218_174100.jpg

20191218_174122.jpg

Benchmade (not sure which model) when I randomly need to help my friend cut a crab pot off his dad's brand new (1<hour old) boat prop in the middle of the chesapeke:

20191218_174146.jpg

I've been carrying a benchmade griptillian for 5 years now. I have 3 at least so I can rotate them in and out.

D2 steel. Badass stuff and the low humidity here doesn't bother it.

I have a few Kershaw's, SOG's, and Gerber's thrown in gloveboxes as spares. So far I've never used anything but the benchmade since I bought my first.

Hinderer Gen6 skinny sheepsfoot. These new XM-18 Skinnys are what Hinderers always should've been IMO

20191222_010212.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: thedude824
Nothing fancy here. Benchmade Mini Griptillian I've carried for at least 15 years. Also rotate in a Spyderco Delica, Drgonfly and Benchmade CLA. Have a Great Eastern Cutlery 71 in my briefcase for apple cutting duty in 1095 steel.

Grail EDC would be a Reeves Small LH Sebenza. Maybe one day.

Last edited:
Oh, forgot I just picked up an Opinel No. 8 Carbon as an alternative (and slightly longer) apple cutter at work. Began working on the patina yesterday with an apple. Crazy sharp and thin blade!

p.s. glad to see many of the blades shown here look like they've actually been used too! Too many sites out there show knives that have never even seen a piece of cardboard...

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that some folks have had poor CS experience with Benchmade. Have to say I was pleased with the Benchmade folks. Went out to Oregon a few years ago on vacation, and had to stop by Benchmade's HQ. After looking around, I asked if I could drop my mini-grip off for a "tune up" and pick it up in a day or two, and expected to pay a few bucks for the service. They said to take a look around and they'll give it a once over. Ten minutes later they found me and gave me back the knife. It was taken apart, had new washers put in, sharpened up the blade and mounted a new pocket clip. No charge. Really nice folks. Oh ya, couldn't help myself. Also bought the CLA while I was there :).

Have also visited Spyderco in Golden, CO and they are also really nice folks.

Last edited: