• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What mag pouches for AICS Mags?

Col Kurtz

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Tenneesse
I am looking for a Molle pouch to carry a single Alpha 10 rd. .308 mag in. I'm thinking something like a shingle type pouch? I'm sure there is someone here that has already figured this little problem out. I've looked around, and all I can find is pouches that are for .308 20 rifle magazines. Thanks for your help.

Re: What mag pouches for AICS Mags?

HSGI taco mag pouch seems to work well for me. They are a bitch to get on the vest (look for the video on youtube before you try - it will make your life easier).

Triad also makes one that I have on a pack. Works well, but doesn't stay open like the HSGI. It's more specifically made for the AICS type mag.

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't check Triad first. I guess I just had a brain fart. That's exactly what I was thinking about.

Any pouch for a 20rd AR-10 magazine or 20rd M14 mag will work perfect for the 10rd AICS mags. The 10rd AICS mags are close to the same length, a little thinner, and just a tad shorter.

Most M14 sized pouches will be too deep for a 10 round AI. The mags fit, but the sit way deep in the pouch, sometimes with the lip if the mag hitting the pouch edge.