• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What new trigger to put in my DPMS 223?

teddy12b

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2008
I have a DPMS 223 and I while it shoots great, there is still something to be desired in the trigger.

I was thinking either a RRA 2 stage or a Timney drop in. I'd like to get to 3#.

Any recommendations?

Re: What new trigger to put in my DPMS 223?

AR15.com

Use the search function. There's at least a hundred posts in the archives asking that very question.

I already made a similar post there. I posted it here too because there are a lot of guys with experience that don't visit both sites.

I have both. I also have the JP trigger and had a Chip McCormic. I only use my guns for 3 gun events. For that game I find all to be acceptable. They are so similar I need to look at what one is installed in what gun to tell the difference. The RRA 2 stage trigger has loosed up a lot since installation, now at 2.4 lbs 20K rounds thru gun started around 4. The only issue I had was a few years ago got a Timney from Brownells it would double. Called Brownells and they took it back and refunded money. Said there was a batch with some issues.

I've read the huge review mentioned above before and it's good, but I was left with a few questions.

He mentioned his personal likes and dislikes at the end of it and I thought most of it made sense.

I guess I don't see or understand why a 2 stage would be better or worse in some situations. I also don't want light primer strikes so I don't really want to get a trigger with weak springs.

I like the JP Trigger with factory hammer. It's noticable.

I elected against the Timney because although super sexy looking I have heard of a few problems with them.

I've heard great things about the RRA but good luck finding one. JP had mine to me in 3 days direct from their site.

I like the JP Trigger with factory hammer. It's noticable.

I elected against the Timney because although super sexy looking I have heard of a few problems with them.

I've heard great things about the RRA but good luck finding one. JP had mine to me in 3 days direct from their site.

I run JP triggers in all my AR's. Shoot 3gun. All my triggers were installed by JP or Triangle Shooting Sports. All have been 100% reliable. I have over 8K rounds on one trigger. You can send them your receiver and they will install and return with quick turn-around.

The only other trigger I've seen is the new AR Gold Trigger sold by PACT. New design and becoming very popular. 3lb trigger with very fast reset.

Check out the AR triggers and kits from JARD, was not happy with Timney, seemed inconsistant.