• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What protection does a buyer have using a USPS MO to purchase?

If you want protection use a condom.

I just don’t sweat this stuff. Life’s too short to waste time trying to make it absolutely infallible or work up a bunch of angst over what could go wrong. I’ve bought a lot here on the PX - some over a grand. Just got the info and sent payment right away (mostly PP F&F) without any additional steps. So far so good. I may get screwed at some point and deal with it. We all lose a few in life - just the way of things so wasting my time and energy worried about it just isn’t worth it to me.

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
Again, requiring a quick video chat before sending the money would be a pretty simple way to weed out most problems.
If the guys get all indignant about how dare you ask for a video chat well that's your answer right there.

I'd be curious on that. Not that it applies in this case, but if I buy a scope off guy on ebay, pay via PP through the auction, I'm pretty sure I'm protected. Not entirely sure. But to your point, yes, 100% no doubt, PP will fuck you straight in the ass if they think you're buying / selling firearm related stuff. Question is where is that line of 'related', considering it's PP, it's a very dynamic line.

I bought a rifle sling off eBay. Tried to cancel the order, ran into a can of worms. Instead of getting my money back I got a pay pal code equivalent to what I spent that I could only use on eBay instead of my cash back in my account. Super not happy with that whole ordeal and I don't use either anymore if I can avoid it.

I have been told that all online payments using any of the online payment apps totaling over $600 a year will now require a 1099 and you will have to pay taxes on used stuff that you sell after you more than likely already paid tax on it when you bought it new. For that reason alone I am no longer using paypal.

Only if you made a profit selling your used stuff.