• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What rings are everyone running on Bergara B-14r?

x2cross

Joe Dirtè
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2020
    Mathis, TX
    I'm planning on running either an Athlon Ares ETR or Vortex Strike Eagle scope. Both are 34mm tube/56mm objective plus a bit more for scope caps. Will have a Nightforce 20MOA base as well. I know I can wait till I get the scope and measure everything, but I really want to put everything together at once. I get impatient !!

I don't really care about integrated bubble levels, and would like to keep the ring price in line with the rifle/optic combo ie. no $400 ring suggestions please

I am running an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24 x50 and a Nightforce 20MOA rail with Vortex low rings. Plenty of space for dust caps, but not too high off the barrel.

LGS had Burris Xtreme for like $60 so I just went with them so I could shoot the gun that day. Might upgrade scope in the future if I do i’ll go with Badger rings

Reactions: x2cross
    I am running a LaRue Tactical 20 moa rail. Burris RT25 5-25/56 30mm with Warne med rings.
    5E50E340-46F0-4031-BE00-534F7D89FD04.jpeg

I have the Vortex rings that I have heard were made by Seekins on both of my B14R's. Would I put them on my centerfire rifles? Yes. What am I buying next? American Rifle Company M10"s.

Reactions: drewskeez
    I run 34mm tubes and 56mm objectives with caps on most of my rifles. I've used Vortex PMRs in 1.0" and 1.1" height as well as Athlon medium rings in 1.09" height, all on 20MOA rails. They've all worked fine. I slightly prefer the taller 1.09 and 1.1 inch rings for head position, but the 1.0 inch rings provide plenty of objective clearance on my B14R also.

I run 34mm tubes and 56mm objectives with caps on most of my rifles. I've used Vortex PMRs in 1.0" and 1.1" height as well as Athlon medium rings in 1.09" height, all on 20MOA rails. They've all worked fine. I slightly prefer the taller 1.09 and 1.1 inch rings for head position, but the 1.0 inch rings provide plenty of objective clearance on my B14R also.
    I’ve got a B14r with a Strike Eagle 5-25x56. I threw some Vortex PMR 1.1” rings on and have plenty of clearance. I often think maybe too high, but when I get behind the scope it feels great. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm running Arken Optics Halo rings that are .92" x 34mm with an Crinson Trace 6-24 x 56 optic. Also a 20 moa base.

You could do Hawkins Precision lite tac rings in one inch, I’ve got them on a centerfire build with a razor, but I’m currently running medium steel TPS rings with an athlon Ares BTR with out any complaints.

Vortex Strike Eagle
    419 30 moa mount
    Vortex PMR 1.26"

Attachments

• 20210117_095745.jpg
      20210117_095745.jpg
      379.4 KB · Views: 738
    It’s an ATS tuner. Due to the panic buying I am having issues getting test ammo to do lot testing. The tuner in my experience helps get the same results with different lots.

Reactions: x2cross
    I'm debating sending or driving mine to get lot tested for Lapua centerX. I figure it'll let me buy a case of ammo that I know will work vs a ton of trial & error. And would get rid of all the work finding stuff in stock. No way to get lot consistency when some retailers only allow 1 brick per purchase. I found SK rifle match in stock at Grafs two weeks ago and ordered 2 bricks, but still hasn't shipped 😢

Anyone running a 40 MOA base and have a scope that will still zero at 50 yards? I have tried two scopes and no luck so far. I thought about getting a Vortex Strike Eagle to try because it has 31Mils of elevation travel. Thoughts?

Anyone running a 40 MOA base and have a scope that will still zero at 50 yards? I have tried two scopes and no luck so far. I thought about getting a Vortex Strike Eagle to try because it has 31Mils of elevation travel. Thoughts?
    Im using a 40moa base, my scope is bottomed out in elevation and i am about 1/2” high at 50 yards. Nightforce SHV is the scope, ive been contemplating a different scope with a 34mm tube.

I wanted the strike eagle 5-25x56 for that reason, but I called Vortex and they told me the MRAD version isn't expected to be in stock for up to 5-6 months. They said EuroOptic is the best place to backorder. (Note: a couple places might have it in stock; I'm trying to use their LE/MIL discount program). I ended up finding a great deal on a used Razor HD 5-20-50 that has 36MRAD of adjustment. Only downside is the parallax only adjusts to 40yd.

I wanted the strike eagle 5-25x56 for that reason, but I called Vortex and they told me the MRAD version isn't expected to be in stock for up to 5-6 months. They said EuroOptic is the best place to backorder. (Note: a couple places might have it in stock; I'm trying to use their LE/MIL discount program). I ended up finding a great deal on a used Razor HD 5-20-50 that has 36MRAD of adjustment. Only downside is the parallax only adjusts to 40yd.
    Were you able to zero at 50? I ask because I used a scope with 20 Mil of travel and was 1.5 mil high at 50. So I grabbed a scope that have 27.5 Mil of travel and was 2.5 mil high at 50. So I'm a little nervous about buying another scope to see if it works.

Were you able to zero at 50? I ask because I used a scope with 20 Mil of travel and was 1.5 mil high at 50. So I grabbed a scope that have 27.5 Mil of travel and was 2.5 mil high at 50. So I'm a little nervous about buying another scope to see if it works.
    My B-14r arrives today! I'll let you know how much down I have left when I get everything mounted and figured out. If my math is right, 40 moa is just under 12 mils, I should have 6 mils to zero with if using a 40moa base. I'm starting off with a 20 moa base at first though

I'm running a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56mm with Vortex Precision Matched 34mm Rings. Rings are the 1.10" height. I'm running a 0 MOA picatinny scope rail. You'll see I just installed the Kinetic Security Solutions ATS tuner, but haven't gotten to try it yet.

IMG_4852.jpg

Reactions: A&8's