• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What scope rings should I get?

Gedwards55

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2020
St. Charles, Mo
Hi everyone this is my first post so I hope I’m posting this in the right location. I just purchased a 30mm Nightforce nx8 and I’m putting it on a Seekins havoc ph2 with a 20 moa rail and I’ve been wondering what rings I should get or if I should get a mount for it like a cantilever. And what height I would need.

thank you for your responses!

Hi everyone this is my first post so I hope I’m posting this in the right location. I just purchased a 30mm Nightforce nx8 and I’m putting it on a Seekins havoc ph2 with a 20 moa rail and I’ve been wondering what rings I should get or if I should get a mount for it like a cantilever. And what height I would need.

thank you for your responses!
I’d put it in low-medium seekins or low nightforce rings (mine is in seekins)

It won’t interfere with the barrel using low rings?
I’m pretty sure those are the .87 (medium) the nightforce lows are .85 and the seekins are .82

Attachments

• 9B8119AD-7237-4C79-9A0A-70FD4D8690C8.jpeg
    9B8119AD-7237-4C79-9A0A-70FD4D8690C8.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: Gedwards55
It’s a nx8 dude. 2-20 I would think you would have room. But I do t know I’ve only ever had the 4 screw versions

What brand of bubble level indicator are you using?
On that rifle it’s a hoptic. I really really like the rail mounted ones they are easier for me to see without lifting my cheek. And the hoptic is way better imo than the mk machine one. (Cheaper too) I also have a bubble level cap on a set of nf rings that’s nice on my lw rifle (that gun is pretty skinny and the level sticking out snags stuff)

I'm super OCD with my gear matching.. Since it's seekins rifle and NF scope. I would only go with one of these to brands for rings. I really like NF ultralight rings on my hunting rifles.