• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what scopes are you guys runnin on the cz 455 manners tac trainer

with SK/Wolf MT it will clover leaf at 50yrds. 100 is within MOA and a new shooter out to 200 was putting them all in an area just larger than a chest with some decent wind.

WIth the right ammo/bedding it should shoot better.

I shoot a Burris Tactical Elite 5-15X on my 40X. Scopes will be a personal decision based on use and budget. The biggest pointer I can give you is to find a scope with adjustable parallax... the closer in you can adjust to the better.

rico, how you like that Burris, have look at one online, but not had my hands on one yet,
how much elevation does it have in real world, also how close will the parallax set.
i think i trust you op. LOL, you know a ol 40x shooter that you are

Forgive the shitty photo and boxes. I'm in the middle of moving and not in the middle of cleaning or being a half ass photographer.

It's an SWFA fixed 10x on a DIP 20 MOA base. It works out pretty well for what I'm doing with it.

cRvRJel.jpg

Attachments

• cRvRJel.jpg
    cRvRJel.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 18
rico, how you like that Burris, have look at one online, but not had my hands on one yet,
how much elevation does it have in real world, also how close will the parallax set.
i think i trust you op. LOL, you know a ol 40x shooter that you are
Hey yote... I like it a bunch. I've had several scopes on the rifle (10X SS, 16X SS, Weaver T-24, Leupold Mk3), I've had this on for about a year and this is the one that is staying. The parallax I believe goes to 15 yards although I've never shot shorter than 25. I don't know the exact elevation as I've never had to spin it all the way up; the farthest I've played with this is about 300 - BUT I do have a 20 MOA base.

I don't think you would be disappointed at all. I have GOT to get out their for a tac-match with you guys. Maybe late Spring I can jump a plane... looking forward to getting my tail whooped.

j6U2eipl.jpg

I have SWFA SS 10 X 42s on all of my rimfires. I have been a MILDOT guy since the early 80s, so it is very easy for me to use. I am sure MIL/MIL or other set ups are faster, but this is the one I have been training and using since then.
Just my point, if this is a TAC Precision Trainer, use something that you will be training for..and not just to look cool. SWFA has a great product. So does the Bushnell Elite, Etc. It is all about how much you want to spend. Personally, I am saving up for my Schmidt and Bender for my centerfire, so I think SWFA Super Snipers are the best bang for your buck...

Is that blackhawk bipod good quality? I know it's probably not build like a Harris but for a .22 like a cz455, have you had any problems with it?

Exactly Russ... use the scope that fits your purpose. That is why I switched from the target dot Weaver to the others. I wanted to get "pretty close" to my NF on my .308... using the mildot system on a .22 is a fun way to learn!

Here is a pic of my "trainer" set up as close to my R700 5R as possible - old pic with the SS 16X:
417416_333159400051001_1996487176_n.jpg

A fixed power scope is fine for punching paper. But when you try "live" targets - being able to dial down the mag power is indescribably helpful in order to increase field of view.

I put a Midway special BSA 4-14x Tactical scope on mine.

Good reviews and only $250

And by good reviews, I mean here on the Hide, not the Midway site.

whether it's the 455 PT or not, the scope should be clear, repeatable adjustments, parallax adjustable, and a suitable magnification range for what the rifles purpose is. all so far mentioned fit the bill, even the BSA 4-14.

Is that blackhawk bipod good quality? I know it's probably not build like a Harris but for a .22 like a cz455, have you had any problems with it?

.02 on the blackhawk pod, definitely not a harris, much flimsier, the pod lock feature on it is pretty sucky compared to a harris, the arm springs aren't as stout. but it is a third of the price. for someone on a strict budget it serves the purpose, i guess.

i picked up a 9-13 one for cheap for a .243 build, that rifle is close to 15lbs, at times it feels as if it's going to collapse, i get an uncomfortable feeling when loading it. i should have got (and will get) a harris 9-13 for it.

i have the 6-9 harris on my cz 455 varmint with the airsoft aics conversion at around 12lbs +, much more secure, when swapping them between the two rifles the harris is definitely more stable, gives a better piece of mind, and worth the extra $. for casual plinking or a walk about rifle the cheapies aren't that bad, for more serious shooting harris is the way.

owning most of these harris knockoffs (black hawk, shooters ridge, caldwell, winchester, etc) none of them compare to the original, they lack in one feature or another. IMO the best of the knockoffs being the shooters ridge, but that was before they got bought out by ATK, followed by caldwell.

since ATK now owns blackhawk, champion, outers (who made bipods under shooter's ridge name) chances are they are all the same bipod these days, leaving caldwell and UTG by itself in the knockoff world, unfortunately i don't like the notched legs as i can't quite adjust to that sweet spot for shooting paper, so will not be buying another caldwell again, and the UTG appears to have the lesser tension arm springs on it too.

sorry to go off topic there....

For what I use it for, yes. I actually put a load on it before squeezing off. It is holding up well. Would I use it for a centerfire for actually ops/competition? No. You can't beat the price...

I put a Midway special BSA 4-14x Tactical scope on mine.

Good reviews and only $250

And by good reviews, I mean here on the Hide, not the Midway site.

BSA are a sleeper product! Great scopes......a lot of 3 Position shooters use them for the any sight portion of the NRA Smallbore course of fire....

Hey yote... I like it a bunch. I've had several scopes on the rifle (10X SS, 16X SS, Weaver T-24, Leupold Mk3), I've had this on for about a year and this is the one that is staying. The parallax I believe goes to 15 yards although I've never shot shorter than 25. I don't know the exact elevation as I've never had to spin it all the way up; the farthest I've played with this is about 300 - BUT I do have a 20 MOA base.

I don't think you would be disappointed at all. I have GOT to get out their for a tac-match with you guys. Maybe late Spring I can jump a plane... looking forward to getting my tail whooped.

Rico you catch the plane and your match fee is on me. I will see if one of us can't pick you up at Charlotte and put you up for the night. We got some boys down near Charlotte.

16X MK4 is hard to beat. EFR 6.5-20 is also really great scope for the 22.

Rico you catch the plane and your match fee is on me. I will see if one of us can't pick you up at Charlotte and put you up for the night. We got some boys down near Charlotte.

16X MK4 is hard to beat. EFR 6.5-20 is also really great scope for the 22.

likd ckihn said, i will be glad too, iam only 5 min from range,
as far as that goes any body that has not shot the 22 TSC, here on the hide
an want to, the entry fee is on us, we would be happy to have you.
also the chikn runs a TGAC (will let him tell about it), offer stands on that match also.
we might not be pros at it but we have a damm good time, an some of the best people you will meet, in the great state of NC.
joe last TGAC was cold, but i now have a pair of polar bear PJs to keep me warm,
like rhondy down jr said in the movie,(just want to be like you, cause u my mintor)

I've got four of the midway bsa specials on .22's and a .17. I like them and I can dial to 300 meters with CCI SV ammo.

I am using a vortex 6-24x50 viper pst tps 30mm rings on a dip 25moa extended base

I started out with the SWFA SS 20x42 on my CZ 452 but Armorpl8chikn turned me on the the MK4 16x and there's no turning back. The SWFA acope is a deal for the money. It focuses down super close and I used it to shoot out to 300 yds. Thinking about putting it up for sale on here. Has a couple sunshades, ARD, and mounted on Weaver Tactical Med rings.

xeroflux.net I think that was a mistake on the burris 5 - 15 elete tactical. I have not seen a listing for one of them but they do list a xtr rifle scope of whitch you have probabley already have found. I am wondering what new and better optics await us all to see the wait will not be much longer because SHOT SHOW OPENS 1/14/2014. Some of the optics providers did give us a look early lets see what tomorrow brings.

I tries a vortex viper on my 22 and 44suppressed. Couldn't get enough elevation so I went back to my trusted nightforce 3.5x15. They just keep dialing up!

I have the PST 2.5-10x32 FFP on my rim fire. Plenty of magnification for the hunting I do and 90 minutes elevation. With a 25 minute rail it works really well. Glass is surprisingly good. It's as much scope as I could afford/justify on this rifle. I'm happy with it but I use it to hunt with, if you primarily shoot targets you will want more magnification.

I started out with the SWFA SS 20x42 on my CZ 452 but Armorpl8chikn turned me on the the MK4 16x and there's no turning back. The SWFA acope is a deal for the money. It focuses down super close and I used it to shoot out to 300 yds. Thinking about putting it up for sale on here. Has a couple sunshades, ARD, and mounted on Weaver Tactical Med rings.

ok ok I KNOW WHO YOU ARE mr. M.
what you want $ for the SS scope
an by the way were the hell have you been
not seen you at the range latey
so i guess you not putting the MK4 on the CZ (you cant hide nothing from us LOL)!

Last edited:
I tossed a SWFA SS 3-15x42mm on my CZ455. It's nearly perfect for the sort of uses I have for rimfires - the wide FOV that comes at lower magnification works great for varmint hunting around the property, the upper-end magnification is great for punching holes in paper, and the reticle offers 10 mils of hold-over. It's also of reasonable weight and bulk.

The only additional thing that I'd wish for on a rimfire would be some reticle illumination, since a number of shots on varmints are made in poor lighting and sometimes the reticle gets a bit too fine at lower magnification in a FFP scope to pick up against certain backgrounds in these conditions.

I just did some work on 2 CZ Precision Trainers for friends-- Lilja barrels, trigger kits, and rails/optics.

One received an SWFA 3-15 x 42 FFP. 6Y close in parallax, 36 mils of elevation, nice size & weight, good glass for the price. A solid scope, I was very impressed with it given the price. Unfortunately the cat-tail is a knuckle-biter if you're down on 3-4 power with a right hand bolt, wish there were alternate locations to install it...

The other CZ received a Bushnell 3-12 x 44 FFP G2DMR, it has 10Y parallax capability so it works very well on rimfires. I prefer the G2DMR reticle to the SWFA Mil-Quad and the Bushnell glass slightly edges out the SWFA 3-15 glass IMO. However, the SWFA has the advantage on magnification range, way more elevation travel (36 mils vs 21 mils), and a friendlier eyebox (the Bushnell gets tight at 11-12x.)

I run the Bushnell 3-12 x 44 FFP G2DMR on both my 10/22 and Edgun (precharged air rifle) but I'm seriously thinking of switching to the SWFA 3-15 for the additional magnification range & friendlier eye box. Money no object (and if they start offering reticles I like better than their current offerings) I'd probably put March 3-24's on them....

Last edited:
I tossed a SWFA SS 3-15x42mm on my CZ455. It's nearly perfect for the sort of uses I have for rimfires - the wide FOV that comes at lower magnification works great for varmint hunting around the property, the upper-end magnification is great for punching holes in paper, and the reticle offers 10 mils of hold-over. It's also of reasonable weight and bulk.

The only additional thing that I'd wish for on a rimfire would be some reticle illumination, since a number of shots on varmints are made in poor lighting and sometimes the reticle gets a bit too fine at lower magnification in a FFP scope to pick up against certain backgrounds in these conditions.

Got a pic of the scope on the rifle?