• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What sidearm do y'all carry?

DW Valkyrie in .45. With my new Milt Sparks holsters. One for IWB and the other for OWB.

1011182141.jpg
1011182144.jpg
1011182143.jpg

Reactions: Jaman and Wyzrd
I have my old trusty Glock 27. I keep it in a SERPA when carrying open and an AlienGear IWB concealed. I do run Glock 23 mags in it tho with grip extenders. If I need to keep it really hidden I'll run the factory 27 mags with a Pearce +1 extender but I still only run 9rds to keep it from being so hard to seat the mag. Mine is a Gen 4 and I love this little piece. I keep Barnes TAC-XPD 140gr HPs loaded up in the 9rd and a spare 13rd G23 mag. My wife carries a G23 loaded with the Barnes 140gr HPs also. I love the G23 but she loves it more. She shoots the 23 best so it stays with her. My old dirty 27:
20180429_135936.jpg

I was once hunting north of Ash Fork AZ. Ran into a guy broke down. He had a flat tire and no tools to fix it. He also had two tied down long barreled single action .45's judging from the ammo in the double loop set ammo belt. Must have had 100 shiny rounds. Shoulder holster with another .45 SA. Shorter barrel. Big hat and boots with pointy toes and high heals. Not built for walking. Handkerchief around his neck with a bolo tie. Large knife on his ammo belt. Turns out he needed a tire tool.
Guess you never know what will be needed next. Best to be well rounded. :)

Sig p226 (W. German model)
G19 with RMR and Walther-Lothar barrel. Custom slide, ghost disconnect and flat trigger.
G20sf with comped 6" KKM barrel. Flat trigger and ghost disconnect. For more dangerous critters.

Depends on if it is winter or summer
Smith and wesson MP9 shield
Beretta 92FS

I have three for different needs and seasons.
Shield 9mm for shorts, or situations that require deeper concealment.
M&P9C for most everything
M&P9 for cooler weather when I can wear a cover garment.

I want to pick up a 10mm for hiking and camping, I have happened upon black bear, and had them aander into camp after lihts out. Or, maybe I should look at magnum revlvers?

Reactions: Tinker054559
Just ordered a Sig P365 to replace my Kahr PM40 for summer months. Going lighter with more capacity with 10 rnd in the gun and a backup 12 round mag. I shot a P365 last week and was very impressed with ergonomics, recoil, and exceptional accuracy.

Also going to go lighter for my fall/winter/spring carry rig. Currently carrying a Para Ordnance P12 in a Galco shoulder rig with two mags. Looking at CZ P-07, Sig X-Carry, Glock 17 G5, or 19X. The Sig X-Carry grip feels the best, is optic ready, and it's my nickname so it's already winning. I'm shooting all of them this weekend and will finalize the decision based on performance results.

Any input on the candidates is appreciated.

Sig P365. I've owned a ton of differant carry pistols and this sig is hands down the best IMO. Grip, reliability, Trigger, Capacity, and ability to hit quickly can't be beat for me. Ive owned Glocks, Hk's and everything in between. This pistol is awesome.

Springfield XDS 45, or my TRP or for jacket pocket, I carry my Ruger LCR.
I, as well, like my Springfield .45 XDS. It's as close to a perfect carry piece as you can get for the size. It hides well in an inside waste band holster. Even though it only holds a total of six rounds, eleven with spare mag. of five. It is 95% as accurate as my full size .45's. Can't beat it!

In the 3-4 warm months for the last ten plus years a Kahr PM40 in the front pocket, in the cooler months with a jacket/coat a Para Ordnance P12 w/ 2 extra mags in a Galco shoulder rig. I plan on switching from the Kahr to a SIG P365 when they get the kinks ironed out.

I've concealed carried since '84 and without a doubt the best gun is the one you have on you when you need it. If they are too heavy or bulky chances are you may not have it when you need it. Convenience and comfort are the key factor in urban settings. When walking the dogs in our area there's a chance of big coons, coyote, and cougar so the .45 with hot loads is the choice.
My new additions for carry options.

i-HkLP8g7-L.jpg

The accuracy of the P365 is somewhat dumbfounding. 7yds point shoot double-taps, 10yds and 25yds using the sights are impressive for a pocket gun. That is using the extended 10 round mag, I haven't shot it with the 12 rounder which offers a much better grip. The trigger is breaking just under 5lbs after 400 rounds but feels lighter than that. Recoil using 115g Fed XM9001 +P is insignificant compared to Blazer Brass 115/124g loads.

The X-Carry with the Romeo is money for my old eyes, it's trigger is breaking at 4.5lbs after 500 rounds, again it feels lighter.

Considering all the carry guns I've had over the years, these two easily make my top 4 favorites and their sights and capacities put them at the top of the list.

I recently acquired a Springfield XDS .45. I was amazed at the inherent accuracy of this short bbl. handgun. It is just slightly less accurate than my full sized 5" .45's. Also, the trigger pull on this striker fired piece is a dream compared to most striker fired guns. Yes, I realize it only carries 6 rounds, counting one in the pipe, but with an extra mag., if I can't neutralize a hostile situation with eleven rounds of .45 I'm in the wrong place to begin with!

Depends on what time of year for me. Summer time its a glock 19 or 26 Gen4 in IWB appendix carry. Winter time its always OWB alien gear with a springfield LB operator 45, a SW MP40 2.0 in owb alien gear. I have a new HK VP 40 with two gunfighters inc holsters on the way, one OWB and one IWB. I am really liking the HK and want to be able to carry it whatever time of year it is. I would also mention that I do have OWB holsters for the glocks as well. I change up quite a bit on what I am carrying. I like them all.

Reactions: jmb1911
642 in a front pocket
whether I'm pumping gas or in line at the local stop n rob my hand is always on the grip and ready to go
Shit happens quick and there ain't no time to go dick'n around with waistband rigs.......

I pocket carry a Ruger lcp2 with lead free hollow points to keep things light and keep the print down. When I have a bit more "freedom" with clothing, I will carry a full size HK VP9 in a kydex holster.

CZ P-07 for CCW for now... I just picked up the new 9mm Glock 45 (the 17 size frame with 19 size slide). We'll see how she do after 500-750 rounds of assorted freedom run down the barrel.
IMG_20181215_1625378.jpg

Still carry the CQB. Took it back to them at Berryville last spring for a "tune up" and some sight work. Alessi holster, always dress for success.

Last edited:
G19x IWB, G34 or FS 1911 OWB (obviously) out and about or at church, depending on the time of year and my mood.

G19x, G34 w/LW threaded barrel, G21 w/LW threaded barrel depending on the situation in the wild.

I try to stay as light as possible if I'm going to be putting miles on my boots.

All firearms have weapon lights attached, even the non railed 1911 (Streamlight TLR-6).

I alternate between my Kahr/Auto-Ordnance M1911-PKZ full size .45 ACP or Pietta Model 1858 with .45 LC cartridge conversion.

For urban carry, the full size 1911 is usually the choice. I am used to and prefer full size handguns. For hiking/hunting, the black powder revolver rides either in a shoulder holster or in a backpack.

In the end what really matters is how well trained you are with your gun. I can use either the semiauto or the wheelgun for urban carry and I have done so. Because if trouble hits I can confidently use either pistol and send a piece of hot lead with an average 450 foot/pounds of energy in the appropriate direction.

I don't carry often, but when I do, it's almost always an LCR .357

when it isn't that, it's an SR9c

Was carrying a G43 with 2 mags. I am switching to Sig 365 with 12+1 2X have not decided on IWB plus a spyderco folder. Carry my 320 in the trunk for traveling.
Ammo Federal HST 147s for all 9mm.

Been carrying a glock 26 for many many years. I got a p365 a few months ago and the 26 is in the safe and hasn’t come back out. I don’t know what it is or the combination of things but I love this pistol.

As my eyes age it's gotten to the point that I can't focus on the sights and I need to rely more and more on a kinesthetic index to supplement what little the sights tell me.

So until I can get off my ass and put some micro RDS on my CZs, I've gone back to carrying S&W K frames. Most often it's a 3" Model 65.

So I pull up to the house tonight... the way the house is the driveway swings around and points into the back yard, so I pull up and my headlights flood the back yard and there the son of a bitch is! Caught red handed. I throw it in neutral, crank the E-brake, and jump out with the P30sk and take care of business!

Commie cotton tail bastards keep digging holes under the shed. Uphill battle getting rid of 'em. $583 well spent as far as I'm concerned.
Them cotton tails don't play..... Gotta show'em who's the boss. Rabbit fricassee tonight.

In winter time its the G19 gen. 3. During the hotter weather its a G43 or g42.

Depends. Usually my go to is a S&W 642 but I often switch it to a g42 or g43. In the winter I will carry my g19 if clothing allows.