• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What sidearm do y'all carry?

Transitioned from a Glock 23, to Glock 19, to Glock 26, and now carry the Sig P365 with the 12-round magazine. I prefer the extended mag ergonomics although it extends the mag length very little. The P365 rides in a Desert Gun Leather OWB pancake holster. To me the P365 is the perfect balance for concealed carry.

Bought the Sig P365 early and then read about (rare) firing pin breakage issues. So I started carrying a backup: a NAA Pug in 22 Mag. I've got enough rounds through the P365 now that I'm not concerned about reliability, but still carry the Pug out of habit. While looks of firearms don't matter much to me, I saw the grips and purchased them since you don't see olivewood on a pistol very often.

SiGP365Holstered.JPG
PugHand.JPG

Just started carrying this the past two weeks. Good God it's harder to conceal than my HK USP full size!
20190130_210726.jpg

I carry a g-43 every day, and a xd-45c as a truck gun. That being said why do people carry pistols instead of revolvers?, seems like a lot to go wrong with a pistol (Mag release when you lean on something , lint from clothes after a week plugging up something, next round failure to feed) where as a revolver is pretty much foolproof. Only reason to carry is to save your or someone elses ass and that when you want 100% reliability. Don't mean to start a war about what to carry , just curious.

I carry a g-43 every day, and a xd-45c as a truck gun. That being said why do people carry pistols instead of revolvers?, seems like a lot to go wrong with a pistol (Mag release when you lean on something , lint from clothes after a week plugging up something, next round failure to feed) where as a revolver is pretty much foolproof. Only reason to carry is to save your or someone elses ass and that when you want 100% reliability. Don't mean to start a war about what to carry , just curious.

That's my M82 I carry frequently in this pic.
20181229_170728.jpg

So you only mentioned two semi-auto pistols as your carry pieces but you're suggesting that only revolvers are 100% reliable to save lives and want to know why people don't carry them? I'm confused.

So you only mentioned two semi-auto pistols as your carry pieces but you're suggesting that only revolvers are 100% reliable to save lives and want to know why people don't carry them? I'm confused.

Started to wonder the same. If you're concerned about hitting the mag release, you're wearing the wrong holster.

I know why I don't carry a revolver. They are to damn fat for the work I do and the way I dress , plus I can't shoot them near as well as I do a pistol . I Tried s/w 38 j frame snub nose, ruger sp101 357, Just can't shoot them as well as the g-43. I love to shoot 6" revolvers and shoot them well. I just seems that 90% folks carry a pistol and I was wondering why.

That being said why do people carry pistols instead of revolvers?

I quit shooting for a long time (around 30 years). Back in the day, I mostly shot revolvers and was decent with them. When I started shooting again, my first pistol was a semi-automatic. As I started buying more firearms, I got nostalgic for some of the guns I had before. So I purchased a S&W J-frame like I carried for years. I couldn't shoot it worth crap until I put some Pachmayr grips on it that destroyed it's concealability. The ergonomics of it just aren't good for me anymore as the semi-autos that I'm now used to handling.

One other important item to me is that I have presbyopia (aka old man's eyes) and can't see the sights worth a damn without putting on reading glasses. So I've spent a lot of time, effort, and money (read "ammo") training for point-and-shoot. I'm not willing to throw that off by adding a firearm that doesn't feel natural into the mix. I do currently carry a small NAA revolver (above) as a back up gun. But it's not something I practice with at ranges longer than 7 yards.

Started to wonder the same. If you're concerned about hitting the mag release, you're wearing the wrong holster.
Actually not the holster but the gun, Sig p-238 and the freakin mag release button stuck out a mile, had a gunsmith shorten it up as far as possible and would still release. Thanks to living in Komefornia they had to make it so It would not fire without the magazine installed so I was left with an odd shaped rock to throw. 99.9% of people wouldn't have problem with it but as a building contractor that actually works it got pressed upon a lot during the day. Before I get reamed about not having an ankle holster or shoulder harness or some other type, again this is the only type that worked for me.

Ruger Vaquero in 45 LC, if I need back up I keep a model 94 next to the saddle bags.

I know why I don't carry a revolver. They are to damn fat for the work I do and the way I dress , plus I can't shoot them near as well as I do a pistol . I Tried s/w 38 j frame snub nose, ruger sp101 357, Just can't shoot them as well as the g-43. I love to shoot 6" revolvers and shoot them well. I just seems that 90% folks carry a pistol and I was wondering why.

The simple answer is revolvers are an antiquated design and just fall short in so many ways compared to a semi. Do I love them and own them, absolutely, they definitely have their place and will always have a niche in the shooting community. Saying that, the advantages you have with a semi such as magazine capacity and follow up shots cannot be discounted. Train and use the right set up to carry a semi and reliability concerns should be greatly minimized. Nothing can ever be considered 100% reliable all of the time.

Reactions: riverside jeep
Ruger Vaquero in 45 LC, if I need back up I keep a model 94 next to the saddle bags.
Question for you, I have a Vaquero in 44 mag, stainless, love it! but the front site needs to go to the right for me, I have heard from bend the blade over to bend the barrel, I think there must be a better answer. What do you say.

Question for you, I have a Vaquero in 44 mag, stainless, love it! but the front site needs to go to the right for me, I have heard from bend the blade over to bend the barrel, I think there must be a better answer. What do you say.

Slowly and gently file the inner vertical of the right side of the rear sight. It will open up the sight picture and centering the front in the expanded opening will act as if the front has been moved to the right. I’ve done this two times personally and it works. Just use a fine file and go slow. One pass at a time, at the range, until the group reacts accordingly. Hope this helps.

Riverside, I've carried a 238 in a pocket holster (Mitch Rosen El Raton) and had the same problem. I took a utility knife and cut the part of the leather out that rested against the mag release. Now the holster cradles the release rather than pressing up against it.

Problem solved! It hasn't released in my pocket (I know better than to say that here) since this fix.

If you are absolutely certain no external factors are causing the issue I would contact Ruger, possibly send it back to have them check both the barrel and sights before possibly changing something that can’t be changed back. With that said, if I was to do some home gunsmithing I would file one side of the rear sight notch to pull my rounds in.

Definitely wouldn’t bend the barrel ?

Slowly and gently file the inner vertical of the right side of the rear sight. It will open up the sight picture and centering the front in the expanded opening will act as if the front has been moved to the right. I’ve done this two times personally and it works. Just use a fine file and go slow. One pass at a time, at the range, until the group reacts accordingly. Hope this helps.

Yup, what Mr. Zick said

Thank you, yes it does help!

Riverside, I've carried a 238 in a pocket holster (Mitch Rosen El Raton) and had the same problem. I took a utility knife and cut the part of the leather out that rested against the mag release. Now the holster cradles the release rather than pressing up against it.

Problem solved! It hasn't released in my pocket (I know better than to say that here) since this fix.
I thought of doing that on my in the waistband holster but was worried that it would get hung up upon the draw, probably not much chance of that in a pocket holster.

G19 gen 5 w/ aplc, trex sidecar for aiwb. Even as larger dude, it is comfortable. May do that mod that adds a gel bad to the bottom, inside facing portion.
20190124_204612.jpg

I conceal carry a Wilson Combat CQB in 45acp every day of the year whether there's snow on the ground or it's over 100 degrees. The holster is a 5 Shot SME.
IMG_3640.JPG
IMG_2939.JPG

Glock 48 arrived yesterday. Very cool, you can mix and match slide/barrel assemblies with the 43 to get all three nines (43, 43X and 48). I need to Cerakote the 48 to match my 43 but it will need stippling first. Photo is the 43 and 48 with slide/barrel assemblies swapped.

Attachments

• 08F8B8B4-0EED-4345-BDFB-A6E4AD0F9DFC.jpeg
    08F8B8B4-0EED-4345-BDFB-A6E4AD0F9DFC.jpeg
    541 KB · Views: 24
The new Glocks are nice but I am stuck on original design with very minor modifications like this set of G21s, Gen 2 and Gen 3
20150119_115814.jpg