• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What would Trump losing mean for AR-15 owners

Odysseus1911

Piled higher and Deeper
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2019
Arkansas
All the Dems seem to have a pretty big hard on for the AR-15. If they get in the oval office, they probably won't waste much time before a move on "assault weapons" with legislation or an executive order a la Canada.

With 15 million AR-15s in American hands, how do you think something like that would play out? Years battling it in the courts before it can take effect, or immediate mandatory buy-backs?

All the Dems seem to have a pretty big hard on for the AR-15. If they get in the oval office, they probably won't waste much time before a move on "assault weapons" with legislation or an executive order a la Canada.

With 15 million AR-15s in American hands, how do you think something like that would play out? Years battling it in the courts before it can take effect, or immediate mandatory buy-backs?

Does it really matter? Free people don’t ask for permission. Good thing they can’t just get rid of them either.

Bury them.....yeah, I think that's right bury them until things are more favorable......no...yeah...that's the best plan. This way we can vote, until we get better politicians, THEN if voting doesn't work, we can pick a better time to dig up our weapons and revolt. Yeah....I think that's the best plan.

Mine are already buried. I got half on the US/Mexican border, the other half is on the US/Canada border. You know, just in case.

boating accident
Everytime someone mentions losing guns in a boating accident I have to laugh. Two of my hunting buddies from FL lost their shotguns in the everglades...one capsized a canoe and the gun fell in the drink. The other, had one of those mossy oak shadowgrass hydrodipped browning pumps...shot a bird and set the gun down. Never found it again, lol. Real effective camo pattern!

Three things:

Keep the senate and who cares.

More anti gun bullshit happened under Trump than under Obama. Obviously Trump > Obama, but I'm using this as an example.

We're slowly at a point where regardless of what side you're on, not following rules/giving a shit about laws is becomming normal. The lack of this mindset has been the #1 downfall for gunowners since basically forever.

Three things:

More anti gun bullshit happened under Trump than under Obama. Obviously Trump > Obama, but I'm using this as an example.

We're slowly at a point where regardless of what side you're on, not following rules/giving a shit about laws is becomming normal. The lack of this mindset has been the #1 downfall for gunowners since basically forever.
Too many RINOs for keeping the Senate alone to be safe.

Three things:

Keep the senate AR-15s and who cares.

More better?

According to the NYState Rifle and Pistol association
Biden wants all semi auto firearms turned into the govt. for some unknown fee in buy back program, or registered under the NFA

and U know where that will be going.

• Angry
Reactions: 338dude
If the past few months have taught us anything, it is that when a large enough group of people simply say "fuck you" to the laws, there is nothing those in charge can do about it.

Democrat officials have committed mass murder of senior citizens by deliberately infecting nursing homes with COVID-19... They have destroyed our economy for political purposes. And they have destabilized law and order across the land....... And they want us to follow their rules and obey them???

Go ahead, come for our guns. Send bachelors. And bring lots of body bags...

The "assault" weapon ban, as we know it, shipped has sailed. With all the Antifa, BLM, riots and CHAZ/CHOP, guns are good again since there are now a tool of freedom from oppression (now that "their" side needs it). No longer does the media vilify guns as they are now the instrument of the other side. If you're paying attention, the media know refers to AR15s as long guns or just guns and there's no more consternation over them in the media. Kinda funny to watch the media, and soon to follow democratic politicians, abandon the gun agenda and its real supporters.

If the past few months have taught us anything, it is that when a large enough group of people simply say "fuck you" to the laws, there is nothing those in charge can do about it.

Democrat officials have committed mass murder of senior citizens by deliberately infecting nursing homes with COVID-19... They have destroyed our economy for political purposes. And they have destabilized law and order across the land....... And they want us to follow their rules and obey them???

Go ahead, come for our guns. Send bachelors. And bring lots of body bags...

Anyone with a brain already knew that, which is why I have said for years that those in control are lucky that the overwhelming vast majority of people are law abiding because if they weren’t their illusion of control would be very apparent. Laws only work when there are enough people to enforce them or there are enough willing to follow them or some combo of both. If either of those factors goes, then there are no laws. It’s as simple as that. If guns are ever outlawed it’s not the people you have to worry about having balls enough to resist, it will be the companies that makes all the shit that will typically cater to whatever the masters ask for. Just saying.

those in control are lucky that the overwhelming vast majority of people are law abiding because if they weren’t their illusion of control would be very apparent. Laws only work when there are enough people to enforce them or there are enough willing to follow them or some combo of both.

This very accurate statement right here is the entire reason I posted this thread for discussion.

While there are certainly guns in the hands of many a criminal, gun owners in general are overwhelmingly a law-abiding group of people -I would even say that legal gun owners are the most law-abiding subgroup of all our citizens, hence the question. The nature of this forum lends itself to chest-beating and romantic talk of boogaloo, but if a new administration decided to outlaw not all guns, but just a particular class of gun owned by millions of overwhelmingly law-abiding Americans, most of whom have families, most of them will simply obey the new law and give up their rifles. I highly doubt that the majority of AR-pattern rifle owners will choose armed resistance (or even keeping them illegally if it makes them a felon) if they are outlawed.

I am interested in realistic opinions on how legislation or an executive order might play out with regard to speed or effectiveness of enforcement, lawsuits filed by gun associations and potential injunctions on said confiscation order, and the court system in general given our current state of affairs in the judicial system.

Reactions: MadDog4298
"Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6" is how I have always lived my life when it comes to Unconstitutional/bullshit laws.

And if the communists (Democrats) try and ban guns, in most states there will be ZERO enforcement of that law. As the COVID hoax has shown, there are plenty of LEO in this country that still value liberty and the Constitution. They would ignore such blatantly unconstitutional laws. The Supreme Court has made it clear that the feds cannot compel local LEO to enforce federal law.

This very accurate statement right here is the entire reason I posted this thread for discussion.

While there are certainly guns in the hands of many a criminal, gun owners in general are overwhelmingly a law-abiding group of people -I would even say that legal gun owners are the most law-abiding subgroup of all our citizens, hence the question. The nature of this forum lends itself to chest-beating and romantic talk of boogaloo, but if a new administration decided to outlaw not all guns, but just a particular class of gun owned by millions of overwhelmingly law-abiding Americans, most of whom have families, most of them will simply obey the new law and give up their rifles. I highly doubt that the majority of AR-pattern rifle owners will choose armed resistance (or even keeping them illegally if it makes them a felon) if they are outlawed.

I am interested in realistic opinions on how legislation or an executive order might play out with regard to speed or effectiveness of enforcement, lawsuits filed by gun associations and potential injunctions on said confiscation order, and the court system in general given our current state of affairs in the judicial system.

It’s as simple as this, people are either free or they aren’t. We are either a free people or we aren’t. They have been eroding rights a little at a time since the founding of this country. I can tell you that most patriots regard the Constitution and the BOR of that Constitution as supreme law of the land. That was the way it was intended, despite what your masters say. Those specific rights are not granted by men, at all. I dont understand why people cannot comprehend that.

The 2A doesn’t specify any particular weapons and therefore as tech evolves imo that amendment of protection evolves with it. As far as people fighting for it, look at it this way, anyone that swore an oath swore to protect that document and everything that goes with it. It is your duty to stand up for it. If you didn’t resist politicians going against that doc then you would be neglecting your duty as, at the very least, a citizen of this country. Imo, everyone of us has a duty to protect that doc, doesn’t matter if you have ever served or not. As Americans, it’s everyone’s responsibility to uphold the supreme law of the land and protect it, at all costs. It’s what this country was founded on. People make the argument that it should change with the times. I make the argument that it shouldn’t and if they don’t like it, they can get the fuck out. That piece of paper is what has made this the greatest experiment in world history. Without it, we will flounder and fade away to some 3rd world country bullshit. Is that what you want for your country? If not, then I’d suggest you and everyone else to nut up and speak up and stand up. At the end of the day, I’d rather go out on my feet than on my knees. Nuff said. If you want to throw it all away, I’m not going to stop you but you sure as hell aren’t going to trample my rights in the process.

Truthfully, the only way I see hs coming out of this is you divide the country. Yes, balkanization more or less, sadly. Patriots on one side and left nutjobs in another. Otherwise, there will be a fight at some point. The conservative way of life has been made enemy number one and people have been dealing with it and being backed into a corner. At some point those people are not goin the to deal with it anymore and when that happens it will be ugly.

Three things:

I think MJ the commie is gonna beat Cornyn in Texas. Not sure on Cruz at the moment.

• Angry
We would probably see a rerun of Obama years, increased sales and prices going up , in terms of legislation it makes no difference at all.

What is this AR-15 stuff you speak of? Is that AlfRado-15 anything like Heinz-57?

i just don't see 'them' coming and taking them. but still a ban on them would be pretty bad. it wouldn't be easy to hit the range with them or use them at matches. restrictions or (additional) taxes on ammo would also be bad. i think most if not all of us have enough guns and ammo for the purposes of the 2A and hd/sd, but half the part of having them is playing and practicing with them. it would also keep younger generations out of firearms which would further aid the anti-2a effort. get out and vote! and get your kids and their friends and families out shooting. it's just a numbers game, we need more on our side.

The most likely legislation would be similar to the 86 or 94 legislation. Just can't make new ones. Soon the prices will be too high to be affordable and slowly, very slowly, the numbers will diminish. Ironically, many present owners will be happy with the increased value. Happened in 86.

Reactions: Odysseus1911
i just don't see 'them' coming and taking them. but still a ban on them would be pretty bad. it wouldn't be easy to hit the range with them or use them at matches. restrictions or (additional) taxes on ammo would also be bad. i think most if not all of us have enough guns and ammo for the purposes of the 2A and hd/sd, but half the part of having them is playing and practicing with them. it would also keep younger generations out of firearms which would further aid the anti-2a effort. get out and vote! and get your kids and their friends and families out shooting. it's just a numbers game, we need more on our side.

With all due respect, we have been voting. It’s not working.

It won’t mean anything for those of us that already have at least 1, unless there’s going to be a group of police that are willing to try rounding them up

There are some questions that still don't have answers.

Maybe that's the good news.

There are a lot of people who bought AR's 'just in case' who still haven't ever fired a shot in anger, or had to duck one either.

The day that changes, all our Days will be different thereafter. You may buy into that, but it doesn't mean you'll like it.

Don't be in such a hurry for it.

Beyond this point (in time); there be Dragons...

Last edited:
Here is what will happen if there is ever a ban on AR-15s
I predict 75% or more will not turn them in, but they will not go out and just flaunt that they still have and use them either they will eventually become JIC safe queens, shoved in an attic, closet or under a mattress manufacturers will quit making them and that $39.99 PSA lower will eventually be worth $3999.99 on the black market. They will get pulled out on special occasions for a trusting friend or family member to gawk over so they can say "man that is pretty cool my dad was telling me you could buy one for $600 back in the day when PSA was still around hard to believe you can get $10K for it now" Sadly that is what will become of the AR-15......If you think a bunch of patriots are going to rise up and do something about it I just don't believe it is going to happen I hope I am wrong though!

It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.

They don't seem to understand that people with guns don’t have to listen to people without guns.

It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.

They don't seem to understand that people with guns don’t have to listen to people without guns.
Its all about the numbers problem is most law abiding citizens will never come together in the numbers it would take to give the other side the bird.

Here is what will happen if there is ever a ban on AR-15s
I predict 75% or more will not turn them in, but they will not go out and just flaunt that they still have and use them either they will eventually become JIC safe queens, shoved in an attic, closet or under a mattress manufacturers will quit making them and that $39.99 PSA lower will eventually be worth $3999.99 on the black market. They will get pulled out on special occasions for a trusting friend or family member to gawk over so they can say "man that is pretty cool my dad was telling me you could buy one for $600 back in the day when PSA was still around hard to believe you can get $10K for it now" Sadly that is what will become of the AR-15......If you think a bunch of patriots are going to rise up and do something about it I just don't believe it is going to happen I hope I am wrong though!

If it happens, just meet up with 100’s of others masquerading around with your ARs and plate carriers. What are they going to do? Arrest you all? Then make sure you have some vinyl banners saying that you will continue to do what you want. Give them the bird. That’s what the BLM people are doing and they ain’t doing shit to them. The reason gun owners get picked on is because they do follow the laws.

Guns have gone out of fashion in the past, usually after especially horrid wars.

They end up tucked away on the most unlikely places; some forgtten and later found, totally unappreciated, and turned over the the guns worst enemies for safety sake.

Let's not do that this time....

I like to remember what Georgie Patton said.

Something about making the other poor bastard die for his cause.

That is how I see it.