• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats a "good" 100 yard group size?

I am new to the group but saw this thread an wanted to show that tight groups can be had at 100 yards with a 22. This photo is from 2002 time frame at Camp Perry. The groups were 10 shots and this was the 100 yard phase of the Dewar Match, Iron Sights. This was also shot using a sling not a bag or bipod. This was several years ago and I am looking to return to competitive shooting and looking at the PRS 22 type shooting.View attachment 8242436
What target is that? I have a bunch of printable targets but I'm guessing if "shooting for score" is the best gauge, then we're looking at a 10-ring of 1 MOA or roughly 1" at 100yds and 1/2" at 50yds? Is that correct?

What target is that? I have a bunch of printable targets but I'm guessing if "shooting for score" is the best gauge, then we're looking at a 10-ring of 1 MOA or roughly 1" at 100yds and 1/2" at 50yds? Is that correct?
That is the NRA A-25 target...standard 100 yard target for Conventional Prone competition. Looking at a target without looking it up or measuring I would guess the X-Ring is 1"

Reactions: erik72