• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats everyone running for ballistics app?

I use Ballistic AE, on my iPhone. It has a lot of features I don’t use but it’s pretty easy to use overall and there are videos on YouTube to get you headed in the right direction.

I have been using Strelok and 4DOF, usually i will put data in both and compare. If i get something crazy different between the two I go back and check what I entered and usually find that i put a wrong value in somewhere.

I have had Ballistic Arc, AB, Trasol, 4Dof and Strelok Pro all on my phone for the last couple of years now. I have given them all a lot of time, and Strelok Pro is the one I always go back to.

It is accurate, customizable and just really easy to use. Plus it's $12.

I've been using Strelok Pro for the last couple of months and it's been pretty easy to learn and use. $12 doesn't hurt.

Applied ballistics on my Garmin. I used to use strelok pro, but I was getting more accurate results with AB. By more accurate, about .2 mils, which isn't a lot, but depending on target size at further distances, that's easily the difference between a hit or miss.

Does the strelok pro have the reticle for the Vortex viper pst gen 2 with the EBR-7C in MRAD?

Reactions: stello1001

Attachments

• IMG_8107.PNG
    IMG_8107.PNG
    131.9 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: louu
That's awesome, thank you so much for man. I'm gona go get it.

New shooter here...I am usring/learning Hornady 4 dof but now I’m going to try the Strelok Pro.

Hi,

We literally just went into phase 2 beta testing yesterday with some members of SH and International shooting communities.

Still programming away but here is couple screenshots of how the multiple wind zones feature lays out.
Screenshot_20200820-072624.jpg

Screenshot_20200820-072636.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: LastShot300
Might be too simple for most, but I like the Federal online ballistics calculator.

For precision airgun, Hawke ChairGun Pro is top notch (and free).

Currently running AB, but definitely open to other apps and their respective features.

I feel out dated, I am still using the original Sterlok program with a first generation Weatherflow on an iPhone 4S. On my iPhone XR, I have the original Sterlok and the Hornady 4DOF programs with Virtual Measuring Tape.

Kestrel 5700 with Hornady 4dof. I am liking it so far. Using Hornady ammo with it.

I'm looking forward to run Genesis as soon as it hit the street, from what I've seen looks like a winner and based off of Patagonia's engine, I couldn't ask for a better combo

For Phone apps I run Applied Ballistics, Hornady, Lapua, Strelok.
I have tried a few others briefly.

Applied Ballistics
Pros.
Custom drag models are normally accurate
Easy to follow setup and logically laid out
Quick easy to use HUD
Can set all the units to suit you.
Easy to export data to excel. (I use this to build my data books)
Cons.
HUD could be improved
When using clock values for wind it only uses full hrs. E.g. not able to go 12:30.

Hornady
Pros.
Very simple intuitive HUD
Setting wind angle is very intuitive
Can set all input and export units to suit you
Can easily adjust drag models with the axial form factor.
Cons.
Slightly less simple to set up the first time.
Bullet library is limited mostly to Hornady.
Cant exporting to excel to my knowledge.

Lapua
Pros.
Intuitive HUD with lots of customization avaliable
Setting wind angle is very intuitive
Can set all input and export units to suit you
Can Export to Excel
Velocity changes due to temp are very easy to account for. Set temp and velocity and it creates a custom curve.
Has been accurate for any lapua ammo I've used.
Cons.
Bullet library is only Lapua.
Exporting to excel requires you to remember to set HUD distance to the zero distance you want the export.

Strelok
Pros.
A ton of features in one app
Large bullet library
Easy to use
Easy to true drop
Cons.
Limited in choosing input and output units. E.g either its metric or SAE I run a mix. Distance in yards environmental in metric.
Exporting to excel well supported has glitches data tends to end up all in 1 column
Not as intuitive for wind as lapua or hornady.

Basically all apps can be true to work just fine i prefer to have a app that calculates spin drift choose one that you like the interface of.

Since moving to mostly hard copy at matches I use AB most of the time but I use Lapua for center X as I have found is more accurate the AB in this case.

Reactions: LastShot300
New shooter here: BallisticsARC has done very well for me so far. Quick and intuitive to use after 5 minutes of poking around.

4dof for me, doubly so if your projectile of choice is in their CFD library, and it’s FREE.

Applied Ballistics got their nose all kinds of out of joint when it was released so if it has AB worried then Hornady must be doing something right!

I have never got my weatherflow to synch properly with it which is a major bummer, but even with manual environmental input it is still my go to.

Strelok pro I love how easy it is to input infromation , and to change or adjust speeds ,bc or what ever I need . adding a new gun or scope is really simple as well now if only my kestrial and my phone and my laser range finder would play 1/2 as nice together .

Another vote for Strelok Pro. Lots of capability in choosing reticle, ammo, bullet, truing, environmental, BC, and targets. Well worth the $15 or so.