• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats the actual difference between these autotrickler setups

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Basically trying to figure out what the difference is and if any 'upgrades' are just nicer versions of the same thing, or if they make a big difference.

Was looking at this: https://ceproducts.shop/collections/full-reloading-kit/products/pre-order-of-the-the-whole-kit-v3

Versus just buying the scale + autotrickler and then going with the Area 419 accessory kit: https://www.area419.com/product/area-419-complete-v3-kit/

Yes, the 419 is nicer and I see billet metal stuff, but is anything in it really needed and/or that much of an upgrade where it would be better to skip the whole kit but definetly get X or Y pieces from it? And does anyone else make the actual auto trickler, or is the 419 stuff basically just 'upgrade' parts for the existing system?

I like the clear lid top from the 419 kit but everything else from the stock v3 set up rocks for me.

They revised the factory powder thrower it's no longer the Lee pictured in your first link fyi.

I like the clear lid top from the 419 kit but everything else from the stock v3 set up rocks for me.

They revised the factory powder thrower it's no longer the Lee pictured in your first link fyi.

So basically just get the full kit and maybe a little upgrade; but none are earth shattering and/or correct any flaws?

Trying to not buy shiny shit just because, yet also not end up buying things to realize I should have gotten some other version of it.

So basically just get the full kit and maybe a little upgrade; but none are earth shattering and/or correct any flaws?

Trying to not buy shiny shit just because, yet also not end up buying things to realize I should have gotten some other version of it.

If it were me the only thing worth upgrading from the factory v3 full set up was that clear lid from 419.

Everything else is working great for me from the factory set up. I really dig the Bluetooth app btw. Here is a pic of the new style hopper with clear 419 lid installed

20200705_140020.jpg

If it were me the only thing worth upgrading from the factory v3 full set up was that clear lid from 419.

Everything else is working great for me from the factory set up. I really dig the Bluetooth app btw. Here is a pic of the new style hopper with clear 419 lid installed

View attachment 7367142

What dryer cycle do you use when you reload?

I was an early adopter of both the AutoTrickler and the Area 419 parts. As such, I spent more over the long haul/multiple upgrades than others spent recently on AT and Area 419 goodies. Every piece of (all aluminum) 419 stuff was a nice upgrade from the printed plastic pieces that came from Adam. Don’t get me wrong, I love my AT, have zero regrets and I would do it all over again the same way, if that were the only choice. But, now, you can get all the premium parts for less than what I paid for the sum total of the incremental upgrades.
    Knowing you and your “be poor somewhere else” approach, I think you’d be happiest with the AT/419 kit. You can try going the less expensive route with 3D printed parts, but I will bet a lot of money you will end up changing the printed parts out for the 419 billet parts.
    Oh, and yes, the blutooth upgrade is the pinnacle of the cats ass. No more priming the trickler tube by hand (PITA) and you just enter your desired charge weight via your blutooth device as opposed to “hunt and peck” via the old method (prior to blutooth)

Last edited:
    I owned the v2 with 419 stuff.

I now run the v3 with the clear lid. After having both, I see zero reason for any of the 419 stuff except the lid if you get a V3 setup.

What about the pwder cup? I've read that sometimes the pwder sticks? on the glass version? I"m guessing the "new hopper" on the V3 is G2G?

Is that the hooper that comes on the V3? I know the Lee was pictured but hears that was a prototype. I have one on order from CE.
    Do you feel the side shields are necessary? Who makes them since they aren't on Area 419's web site.

View attachment 7367142

Just curious, what's the difference with the V3 auto throw and the Area 419 version? is it just a different design? since I think? they are both made out of aluminium? now, the V2 was 3D printed? Thanks

Is that the hooper that comes on the V3? I know the Lee was pictured but hears that was a prototype. I have one on order from CE.
    Do you feel the side shields are necessary? Who makes them since they aren't on Area 419's web site.

Yes this is the new design yours should* be coming with. I do feel the side shields are necessary because of the location in the house I reload which is not ideal. I got my fx120 used with the shields so I am not sure honestly what brand they are. You could easily make some out of kydex though fyi

Just curious, what's the difference with the V3 auto throw and the Area 419 version? is it just a different design? since I think? they are both made out of aluminium? now, the V2 was 3D printed? Thanks

Area 419 version is just a different hopper and spout which also screws the hopper/auto throw to the lid of the scale. The guts and motors of the area 419 kits are still the regular v3 parts as I understand it.

The area 419 stuff is really nice I'm sure but not necessary to run fast accurate loads.

The area419 lid is nice because you can see through it as you work

Basically trying to figure out what the difference is and if any 'upgrades' are just nicer versions of the same thing, or if they make a big difference.

Was looking at this: https://ceproducts.shop/collections/full-reloading-kit/products/pre-order-of-the-the-whole-kit-v3

Versus just buying the scale + autotrickler and then going with the Area 419 accessory kit: https://www.area419.com/product/area-419-complete-v3-kit/

Yes, the 419 is nicer and I see billet metal stuff, but is anything in it really needed and/or that much of an upgrade where it would be better to skip the whole kit but definetly get X or Y pieces from it? And does anyone else make the actual auto trickler, or is the 419 stuff basically just 'upgrade' parts for the existing system?

The clear lid is a fairly significant upgrade. There is a member here making clear lids that I think are better than the 419 lid.

I have upgraded the V3 to all of the 419 parts. The factory printed base walked across my table so I switched to the 419 aluminum base which is heavier. I already had the 419 cup so I added the tray. The factory cup doesn't work well with the 419 thrower base anyway. All that said, if your factory base doesn't walk then don't bother upgrading.

Reactions: Huskydriver
    What about the pwder cup? I've read that sometimes the pwder sticks? on the glass version? I"m guessing the "new hopper" on the V3 is G2G?

Thus far I haven’t noticed any sticking. Several thousand rounds loaded.

The hopper has worked fine so far as well.

V3 Version with the Area 419 Clear Lid. I don't want 27,000 other thing hanging off the lid. And I don't need more bling to attach to it. If so, I'd just be-dazzle it.

I have not seen the need to upgrade anything else in this system. It's quick, accurate, and clean.

Andrew

The clear lid is a fairly significant upgrade. There is a member here making clear lids that I think are better than the 419 lid.

I have upgraded the V3 to all of the 419 parts. The factory printed base walked across my table so I switched to the 419 aluminum base which is heavier. I already had the 419 cup so I added the tray. The factory cup doesn't work well with the 419 thrower base anyway. All that said, if your factory base doesn't walk then don't bother upgrading.

Can you link me to the person making these, I am in the market? Thanks

My V3 kit has only been on order for about 2ish weeks through CE but i ordered the clear lid so it would ship with the kit. Thats all i plan on adding to it for now. I also plan on picking up a piece of Granite countertop or equivalent that is heavy for it to sit on and possibly an anti static pad and a power conditioner. Not sure on the power conditioner yet because some of those things are $$$$

Only Poors ask about "differences".

KAC men buy both and throw away what doesn't work for them.