• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's the deal with Tikka?

I figured. What is the draw to Tikka that everyone likes so much?
Smoothest factory action
Very reliable feeding/extraction/ejection
Top notch factory accuracy
Crisp, adjustable weight trigger that doesn't need to be replaced

Basically all of the stuff you would spend over $1k upgrading on a Savage or Remington, the Tikka already has.

I bought a CTR and dropped it in a Manners stock and it's a half MOA gun all day long. $800 for the gun and $600 for the stock and it's just crazy nice. I'm always looking around at scopes just for grins, but I don't have any desire to find a different gun.

Reactions: AKMarty
Wouldn't the Ultimatum Defacto probably be the best starter choice today? If I had to start today, Tikka CTR vs Ultimatum Defacto, probably get the Defacto.

Except you can't just walk into your local gun shop and by those. You can with a Tikka. Looking at the Ultimatum, you're still spending $1k on a barreled action. Tikka CTR is a complete gun that can be found for less with minimal effort.

Maybe I missed it but the factory bolt release and extractor are a great advantage over factory Rem 700., not to mention again Tikka's adjustable trigger and integrated rail. One of the other advantages is tikka has one action unlike the SA & LA 700's.

I see people post their custom Tikka rifle pictures all the time. How do you get one? Do you buy a Tikka rifle then part it out or are their manufacturers that make Tikka action clones?
Also, the Tikka barrels are slow (lower velocity).

But the overall quality is far superior to the American-made options at this price-point.

Except you can't just walk into your local gun shop and by those. You can with a Tikka. Looking at the Ultimatum, you're still spending $1k on a barreled action. Tikka CTR is a complete gun that can be found for less with minimal effort.
In stainless? You will be replacing the stock anyway, so I dont think the defacto is a bad option.

Didn't CDI close? IIRC, the owner died or something. Or am I mistaken?

This is why! Factory tikka varmint 223 barrel punched out to 223ai, added yodave trigger spring, and put in krg bravo chassis.

The tikka action is smoother cycling and feeding than my bighorn 6.5x47 beanland, just as accurate, and I have less in the whole project than I did in just the bighorn action. I really don’t see my self buying another custom!

Attachments

• AA7306C3-747D-45A9-B12A-D8CFC00CCA94.jpeg
    AA7306C3-747D-45A9-B12A-D8CFC00CCA94.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 116
Just purchased a Tikka T3x CTR from a member one here. Is it possible/easy to change it from a detachable mag to a BDL?

Just purchased a Tikka T3x CTR from a member one here. Is it possible/easy to change it from a detachable mag to a BDL?
Not sure if you mean converting it to a hinged floorplate rather than a mag, but Tikka won't top feed/load so that's why there aren't any hinged floorplates on the market for Tikka.

Reactions: Harman117
I sold a R700 and bought a Tikka T3x CTR, 6.5CM, 20" stainless BBL. Plopped it in a KRG Bravo chassis. It's super smooth, no BS with the machining, comes with factory rail, a medium-contour barrel that shoots great. Fun rifle to use. Well supported now with growing support. I just got the Yo Dave spring in. It can't be compared to the Remington, which is akin to a rolling dumpster fire from the factory.

Not sure if you mean converting it to a hinged floorplate rather than a mag, but Tikka won't top feed/load so that's why there aren't any hinged floorplates on the market for Tikka.
i havent seen a hinged floor plate bottom metal for Tikka rifles. It’s a shame because top loading the rifle isn’t necessary with a hinged floor plate. Feel free to open the floorplate, flip the rifle over and drop the cartridges right on in and operate like normal.

Yes that is what I meant. If not, no worries. I just like the internal mag look better.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
I really like my tikka. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s better than a custom action, but it works for me. I’ve shot surgeon x2, deadline, impact and vector. Up to 4 barrels for this one

Attachments

• 39ECB901-26E5-4897-A6A5-5611BF3F2A9D.jpeg
    39ECB901-26E5-4897-A6A5-5611BF3F2A9D.jpeg
    490.4 KB · Views: 218
Yup, love Tikka. Had countless customs yet I always keep my Tikka. And the stock it comes with is suitable for anyone except those who are really trying to podium at a PRS event.
People like me choose to swap the stock because its what cool kids do, and its fun to customize our toys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mendoza0311
I see people post their custom Tikka rifle pictures all the time. How do you get one? Do you buy a Tikka rifle then part it out or are their manufacturers that make Tikka action clones?
Tikkas actions in my opinion are the smoothest action every. It was an easy option for me since my first rifle i bought was a used Tikka T3 lite I paid 425$ in 2002 at carters country. The barrel started loosing accuracy in 2018 so I then bought a carbon barrel then bought a Mcmillian game hunter Carbon stock and two stage timney trigger and so on there went my custom Tikka.
AFBDF0BC-06F5-4DB1-A36D-D4559FD866EE.jpeg

My favorite rifle is my sako trg, it’s 308 and I wanted to try a custom so beanland built the green rifle in 6.5x47, then I wanted a 223 trainer so I picked up the tikka. I love the trg ergos and krg hit it out of the park with the bravo!

Attachments

• 76374CE3-A1E5-4E38-8B0B-BFE789D65EF7.jpeg
    76374CE3-A1E5-4E38-8B0B-BFE789D65EF7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
Looking at getting the KRG bravo to swap out the stock CTR. Is it a pretty simple operation to swap them out or should a gunsmith be involved. Also, it has choice of stock CTR mags or AICS mags, which way should I go? The AIC mags are like $65 where as factory CTR are $38 on europtic.

Looking at getting the KRG bravo to swap out the stock CTR. Is it a pretty simple operation to swap them out or should a gunsmith be involved. Also, it has choice of stock CTR mags or AICS mags, which way should I go? The AIC mags are like $65 where as factory CTR are $38 on europtic.
I think you are mistaken on the CTR mags. They run about what AI mags run. $65-$85 depending on where you buy and ongoing sales.

I like the Tikka/Sako mags. They are much smother and shorter than AI mags. In reality, there isn’t a wrong choice.

I think you are mistaken on the CTR mags. They run about what AI mags run. $65-$85 depending on where you buy and ongoing sales.

I like the Tikka/Sako mags. They are much smother and shorter than AI mags. In reality, there isn’t a wrong choice.
Is this not a mag for the CTR?

I've been seeing a lot of T3, T3x, and CTR. Are these all different actions? Or is the CTR just the rifle type?

My bravo chassis was a direct bolt on. Mine used the ai mags, I figured that would give me more options In the future for different calibers.

A question I’ve always wondered.
any aftermarket mags to take advantage of that 3.41 if using a chassis?

MDT, I want to see if I can mod a red snake tactical BM to work with the MDT mags. 3.41 was listed above but I thought it was 3.56.

I've been seeing a lot of T3, T3x, and CTR. Are these all different actions? Or is the CTR just the rifle type?
I put this Tikka buying guide together a while ago but I try to keep it updated.

Reactions: kabarNC
Ive used Tikkas with AICS and CTR mags, I prefer the CTR mags but its not a big difference. The CTR mag is shorter and feeds slightly smoother, thats about it though, so I wouldnt base your stock/chassis choice on it. But i am loving my CTR mag KRG Bravo.

Reactions: 260284
My bravo chassis was a direct bolt on. Mine used the ai mags, I figured that would give me more options In the future for different calibers.
My Tikka and KRG Bravo will be here on Friday. Will it be a quick swap out for the chassis? Not sure when the Yodave spring will be here. Thanks for the recommendation of a $10 spring with $9 shipping o_O for those of you who recommended it

Lol not worried about cost. Just though it was ridiculous shipping charge. You could throw the spring in an envelope and put a stamp on it and it would be fine. They're making a killing on us shipping those springs that's for sure.

I could of swore when my first yo Dave spring came in, it was marked on the package where he payed close to 10$ to ship it from Canada, I could be wrong though.
Regardless I felt the same way you did which is why I now buy springs strictly from Elay precision here in the US.
Same results, 1/2 the price!

Reactions: wade2big
Lol not worried about cost. Just though it was ridiculous shipping charge. You could throw the spring in an envelope and put a stamp on it and it would be fine. They're making a killing on us shipping those springs that's for sure.
The Elay and Tikka Performance springs are $10 with free shipping.....And no difference that I could tell between them and YoDave except price.

Also another benefit of the Tikka action is there’s no difference in footprint from a long to short action. So one size chassis or stock fits both. Don’t have to pick one or the other, and you decide to rebarrel down the road, you can use the same chassis.

Also another benefit of the Tikka action is there’s no difference in footprint from a long to short action. So one size chassis or stock fits both. Don’t have to pick one or the other, and you decide to rebarrel down the road, you can use the same chassis.
Nice, but I would have to get a long action Tikka though.