• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What's the most reliable AR you've ever owned?

Re: What's the most reliable AR you've ever owned?

I forgot aboout my SIG AMT. In 30 years it has never failed me once no matter what kind of ammo I fed it.

My colt rarely malfunctions and if it does its usually because of a dirty round. found that some work best with 55 grain bullets while others work best with 65 grain.

I have only had experience with a Bushmaster and a Double Star. The Double Stars were bought for us and 4 of them malfunctioned and broke the first day we tried qualifying with them. I went out the next day and bought a Bushmaster. Never had a problem since.

#1 LWRC, #2 noveske and RRA have been great AR's for me.

I have an LMT SPM16 that probably has at least 3 or 4k thru it. Brass and steel cased. Not one single problem. I like it so much, that I am trading for another one.

Right after the North Hollywood shootout, I procured a Colt CAR-15A2 to qualify with and tote in the war wagon. 13 years (and lots of rounds later) it has never let me down.

I picked up a RRA LAR 15 years ago when the DEA went to them, I was assigned to the Task Force at the time and got a great deal. I have had ZERO malfunctions after 2000 rounds down the pipe, and its fairly accurate for a carbine.

I have had a few FTE's in a Rock River I had. I would say proabably ammo related, but thats not a excuse. My colt runs the same ammo (wolf) flawlessly. My Les Baer never had a hickup either though, but I never ran shitty ammo through it.

RRA, Mega, Novoske, Del Ton... All corners of the AR world have worked for me. My home builds never have problems. The only rifle I had issues with was a factory Armalite M15A4C. Had to send the POS back for a new upper
frown.gif

I have had a Colt SP1 for 30 years with no problems. I had Olympic Arm CAR 15 that functioned fine and have been issued at least eight M4's and one M16A1 over the last 20 years, that were Colts. I have been very pleased with the design. I don't think it has to be a Colt, but the ones I have used were all great rifles.

Noveske SPR 18" nothing but serious business and also one often overlooked Sabre Defense M4A3. The fit and performance of Sabre surpasses the Colt LE6920's I have run lately . Thousands of rounds downrange out of each of them with absolutely no problems.

I've owned several Colt H-Bars, recently picked up a LWRC and although I have no complaints about the performance of the colts, I doubt I will ever go back. The LWRC is just sweet.

I have owned many ARs and still the best one is the one I built myself. I built it with some of the best parts and yet have had a single malfunction. The only time I have ever had issues with any AR was from shooting wolf or cheap ammo not the gun.

Hard to tell how good they are until you put them through the limit. I took a 3 days carbine class a while back and saw plenty of high end guns went down from some of the top manufactures.

Ran my LMT through Magpul's 3day Carbine 1 & 2 class. I didnt have a single malfunction. I've got about 4k rounds through this gun now and the only gripe I have is that it doesnt like Wolf. Not much of a complaint though.

DPMS AP4 (308) has never failed.

In fact, the only issue I have ever had with an AR was magazines that had been deformed/damaged.

BMT

I have a Colt with over 10,000 round through it and I had to replace the gas rings. Other than that I can't recall many, if any malfunctions.

i put a shit-load of rounds through several army issue colts.... no problems except when firing blanks with a blank fire adapter hahah. cant blame that on the rifle!

XM16E1 that still has a ton of DX parts in it. 40+ years old and runs like a sewing machine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: emmagee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a number of AR's and M16's, honestly, I've never had one that isn't reliable. </div></div>

Same, if they are put together properly and you take care of it they work just fine.

I've had 5-6 AR-15s RRA & LMT. I loved the LMT. Mostly because it was up best for me. They have all worked excellent with no problems. Did have to change gas rings in one. Wore out a trigger spring in one, would double fire every once in a while. After thousands of rounds down them I can not complain. It would be worse than a political debate to argue which is "best"