• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your buyers remorse

Bro Mo

Open-minded Skeptic
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
There is a lot for sale in the PX and a lot of threads about equipment; what causes your buyers remorse to sell what you own to buy different stuff?

I only have one rifle and have had to swap things because I'll discover a need I didn't know i had such as:
  1. Changed cartridge/barrel because I could never find ammo
  2. Stock because OEM plastic one wasn't comfortable being so light
  3. Multiple scopes because I was incrementally discovering
    • Illuminated reticle on dark animals in dark timber at last night
    • Good turrets for non point blank range
    • Better quality to see into dark timber at last light
Other than that, I don't have enough experience to know what I don't know. What causes you to sell something and buy something different?

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Lee Loadmaster. Ran ok for one batch of ammo and gave me nothing but problems after that. Traded it for a shotgun a few years ago that I haven't shot yet.

I've been learning what I like and what I don't like, slimming down gear and that's not as helpful as I once thought.

Example:

I bought a tac ops drag bag, because after years with my eberlrstock lodrag, I felt I could do what I needed with the tacops. I was always fighting with the lodrag and the storage in it was not what I wanted. So now I've got the tacops to try and a dedicated backpack for when I need more capacity.

It's all just a live and learn environment with our equipment.

Reactions: kthomas
Definitely sellers remorse more than buyers. If I bought something, I thought it had a legit purpose for it. If I found out it I didn’t, then I gained insight on what I really needed.

You must have a story to tell.
Same as all savage stories, extractor issues, feeding issues,primary extractor issues. Then I bought a manners stock for it with a cdi bottom metal that didn't work. But through all that I will that on more than multiple occasions it will shoot a 2.5 " group at 800 . 223 with berger 80.5

Definitely sellers remorse more than buyers. If I bought something, I thought it had a legit purpose for it. If I found out it I didn’t, then I gained insight on what I really needed.
You hit that nail on the head. I’ve bought tons of things and later on down the road didn’t have a need for them or wanted an upgrade. But it was a learning experience! And more than likely, I still enjoyed what I bought while I had it.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
I bought 1000rds of in stock ammo yesterday, and I go to check the order and it says it won’t ship until May 1-8.
What company? Answer with first letter only. I had a similar situation a while ago, got charged for shipping protection but product was sold out and my order was canceled. Received emails for the next week or better that the ammo was in stock, don’t let it get away! Lies! Very disappointing!

What company? Answer with first letter only. I had a similar situation a while ago, got charged for shipping protection but product was sold out and my order was canceled. Received emails for the next week or better that the ammo was in stock, don’t let it get away! Lies! Very disappointing!
I’ll PM you. Don’t wanna badmouth Im sure it’s just a computer error but it is annoying

Savage rifle - spent more on it than any rifle I own
I like my Savage because it's so DIY. The only thing I don't like is the lack of aftermarket stuff in comparison to a 700. Perhaps that lack of choices is a blessing though.

Sellers remorse- my first long range rifle- remington 5R 308 bought back in 2012. It was excellent, and I didn’t know what I had there, but decided to sell it 3 years ago to fund a DTA SRS. I love my SRS now, but wish I had held onto that first rifle because it was so dependable. Literally anyone could get behind it and shoot .75 MOA to 500.
Buyer side- SFP scopes on 3 rifles with target turrets. Bought 2x Zeiss (great glass) when a friend has recommended a FFP Bushy with solid glass that was more purpose built for my needs.

Beretta Nano
M1 Garand
Savage rifles
Aftermarket parts for savage rifles
Bullseye target cam
Caldwell lead sled
PSA 224 valkyrie barrel
Other Cheap DIY AR parts
Cheap scope mounts
Scopes with duplex reticles
Cheap bipods

2 Savage rifles, Sig Mosquito handgun, Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Special revolver, 2nd focal plane scopes

Beretta Nano
M1 Garand
Savage rifles
Aftermarket parts for savage rifles
Bullseye target cam
Caldwell lead sled
PSA 224 valkyrie barrel
Other Cheap DIY AR parts
Cheap scope mounts
Scopes with duplex reticles
Cheap bipods
Why do you regret the M1 Garand?

1. Barrett M82 even though I got an awesome deal...silver lining is I sold it for a nice profit.
  2. Springfield Armory Super Match...fired it once and sat in my safe for 30 years...sold it for an awesome price and bought my custom Annie rimfire
  3. H&K VP70
I have a lot more seller's remorse

A savage and R700 rifle, a couple scopes. All stuff that I bought when I first started out. At the time I thought they were good purchases but not anymore.
Currently waiting for a TBAC ultra 7. I'm 5 months into waiting for it to be built. Probably another 2 months of wait there then the tax stamp wait begins. It will be my first suppressor and I've started to wonder what I am going to even use it for and why I bought it. Hopefully my mind changes when I finally get it in hand and can shoot with it.

Huntertown Arms suppressors. Pure garbage.

Hope they never come back and rip customers off.

Companies that rip us off can suck duck balls.

I don't generally sell stuff. If I do get rid of something I don't like using it goes to friends/family for free to get them started.

I have a few things laying around that I don't use, it's in the kids pile. Both my kids love shooting their rimfires, so they can make use of the old scopes and bags as they grow.

Buying something just because it's a good deal. I was terrible about this when I was younger.

Now I know to do the research and figure out what exactly I'm trying to accomplish before I start spending money.

So many optics and random cheap parts.

not what I would call buyers remorse, because both of the custom rifles I had purchased were fine as far as they went... BUT... I had a custom .30-06 built on a howa 1500 action with a Broughton 5C canted land barrel, fully accurized, aluminum, pillared, the full works.. sweet shooter, but a .30-06 because I wanted to honor my WWII vet father with it... then a 7mm-08 built on a '95 mauser action with a shilen bull and again, fully accurized... both were great shooters built by the same well known smith in Carlisle , Pa... but sold them, and got into the AI world.... have never regretted buying the originals, because I got what I paid for them... and am beyond ecstatic over my AI in both 6.5 creedmoor and .308... this weapon is the true "tack driver", beyond either of those two originally purchased.... having said that, I am sure the fellow that bought them is extremely happy himself... great moves all around

When I vote, pretty much all those f**kers are a disappointment!!Can't get rid of them!

Reactions: Jscb1b
As soon as I hit “send payment” on PayPal for the PX section or “place order” on SilencerShop and realize what I just did... last for only about 5-10 seconds though... then I’m doing it again before I know what’s happening.

Beretta Tomcat 3032- tiny gun but hard to shoot well and it never ran very well- mostly problems with failure to feed or stovepipes.

CZ 455 VPT 22LR- never could get mine to shoot up to my standards even with Eley ammo.

Why do you regret the M1 Garand?

Just disappointed with the way it shot, and didn’t enjoy shooting it. Also didn’t know what it was, and later found out it had been rebarreled and had no collector’s value.

not really buyers remorse but if I don’t like something for any reason it hits the road. There are thousands of firearms and optics out there, I don’t have time for stuff I don’t love.

the guaranteed way to not stay at my house is a bolt action with poor trigger timing/can’t be timed without a total rework. It can cock on close at someone else’s house.

Only have remorse over 2 things... both times I listened to the hype instead of doing my own thing.

Athlon BTR - So much hype about how good the glass is... never been so sad looking through scope. It's not "GOOD"

Multi-caliber rifle - sounds good, but it's not for me. Much happier with dedicated rifle/scope/caliber combo's that actually fill roles than jack of all trades master of none. Price of admission of is well worth the benefits.

Only have remorse over 2 things... both times I listened to the hype instead of doing my own thing.
Multi-caliber rifle - sounds good, but it's not for me. Much happier with dedicated rifle/scope/caliber combo's that actually fill roles than jack of all trades master of none. Price of admission of is well worth the benefits.
^^^^^^^^

Reactions: goosed
Just disappointed with the way it shot, and didn’t enjoy shooting it. Also didn’t know what it was, and later found out it had been rebarreled and had no collector’s value.
You would be hard pressed to find an all original Garand. Those rifles were used and abused during WW2 and Korea and many parts were replaced due to wear and tear.

Not necessarily buyers remorse however, I have a really bad habit of settling for like objects vice waiting a couple extra weeks or months to buy what I wanted in the first place. In the end, I’ll get what I want but it’ll cost way more....

Yeah, they hit my bank account for $170! I emailed them to get it figured out. Not bad mouthing like I said above but it’s Bass Pro. Love the store don’t get me wrong. I just think it was a computer error. I’ll get it worked out I’m sure!