• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What's your daily CC gun?

GEN5 Glock 19 MOS FS with type 2 Trijicon in a crossbreed Supertuck. I think this is about as comfortable as it gets for me.
IMG_1805.jpg
IMG_1860.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: geek65
I wear 32x32 too, and I can only stand IWB at 330-400 o'clock. Appendix is out of the question and double stacks suuuuck.

I borrowed a friends AIWB setup while we've been quarantined. I'm one of few people that physically report to the office so figured i'd give AIWB a try while traffic was light around here. No matter what position the gun was in (highest of high to lowest of low, removed sidecar, etc) it stuck out like a sore thumb. I found the day-to-day to be very comfortable while carrying AIWB but I would have to wear a maternity blouse to go unnoticed. I would really like to try one of the slimline 10+round 9mms (P365, G48) with AIWB and see that that goes. For now though, the G19 in a Crossbreed is my main EDC.

STI DVC-C mostly winter months
CZ Protek-1 the rest of the time
Both in either a IWB or OWB Garrett depending on how hidden I care about.

95% of the time, I carry a beat up old 2nd gen glock 17, with an extra mag with extended base pad on the off side. Use a Kramer horsehide vertical holster.
Cheers, Steve

is that milled or dovetail mounted red dot plate mount, details pls. Thanks!

It was milled for an adapter plate so that you're not stuck with one single brand of optic. Similar to what comes from the factory in the CZ P-10 optics ready or any Glock MOS pistol

I borrowed a friends AIWB setup while we've been quarantined. I'm one of few people that physically report to the office so figured i'd give AIWB a try while traffic was light around here. No matter what position the gun was in (highest of high to lowest of low, removed sidecar, etc) it stuck out like a sore thumb. I found the day-to-day to be very comfortable while carrying AIWB but I would have to wear a maternity blouse to go unnoticed. I would really like to try one of the slimline 10+round 9mms (P365, G48) with AIWB and see that that goes. For now though, the G19 in a Crossbreed is my main EDC.
It helps a lot to have a longer gun that can push against the pelvis to lever the grip against the abdomen, and to have a good belt and a claw on the holster to lever the bottom of the grip into the abdomen. I despised carrying until I found a real good solution, now I carry everywhere. ANR kydex holster with claw is what I use, but there are several similar designs out there. Very comfortable, easy to adjust and hide, I can see where the gun is, always accessible. The claw and a rigid belt make a big difference.

I agree with UpSideDown. I could never get comfortable with IWB until I added a claw to my set up and a good steel core carry belt. Completely changed the comfort and orientation to something that I barely notice any more.

It was milled for an adapter plate so that you're not stuck with one single brand of optic. Similar to what comes from the factory in the CZ P-10 optics ready or any Glock MOS pistol
Who did the milling and where can I buy that kind of holster? Where did you buy the optic plate? I have a CZ compact that I would like a red dot for CCW, Thank you in advance for the info?

Cajun Gun Works for all CZ.

ETA: Was quoted $340 for the following for my Shadow 2:

Cut slide for direct mount RMR T2
Install rear blacked out buis
Install front red fiber optic buis (including CGW supplying the sight)
return shipping

Should get an email in about 2/3 weeks to ship it off for a 4 week wait. Pretty excited.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadDuner
Cajun Gun Works for all CZ.

ETA: Was quoted $340 for the following for my Shadow 2:

Cut slide for direct mount RMR T2
Install rear blacked out buis
Install front red fiber optic buis (including CGW supplying the sight)
return shipping

Should get an email in about 2/3 weeks to ship it off for a 4 week wait. Pretty excited.

There are far cheaper options than CGW or CZ Custom that do work as good or better when it comes to slide milling for optics.

Here are but a few:
https://www.dpcustomworksllc.com/product-page/cz-p07-p09-optic-cut (he did my P-09)

@308pirate

Yeah, most of those companies will not cut + cut for buis on an S2, only a P07/09/10. Example; Primary Machine had a great price, but would not do a cut to the irons to allow for correct height sights.

Reactions: 308pirate
I'm awaiting a Holosun 407k from Kenzie's on a Glock 48 build that will eventually be my main carry piece. Replacing my 19 for in town daily carry.

This 19 will eventually be sent to Agency Arms for their AOS plate system. The MOS Glock plates meh.
PSX_20200607_121323.jpg
PSX_20200607_121405.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
You're 100% correct about this. Rather than sending my Glock to anyone, I opted for the C+H Precision MOS Plate. Its a lot more attractive than the factory plates and there are no mods made to the gun. You can see what it looks like on my G19 MOS FS a few posts up.

One of the reasons I wanted to use their AOS was to be able to try irons forward of the optic. If I hate it, I can get another plate and move the rear sight to the rear. . That C+H does look nice though.

Reactions: impactaddict
Who did the milling and where can I buy that kind of holster? Where did you buy the optic plate? I have a CZ compact that I would like a red dot for CCW, Thank you in advance for the info?
Sorry for the delayed response. I had a local machinist mill the slide, however, I would go with CGW if I were you. The holster is from Tier 1 Concealed.

A Springfield Hellcat came home with me yesterday. A total impulse buy. It may become my summer clothes carry gun after some reliability testing. I love the sights.
20200718_072005.jpg
20200718_072053.jpg

I’m selling my pimped out, full Cajun package SP-01T if you’re interested... to buy a CZ Tactical Sport Orange :)

I tried for years to carry my Gen 3 Glock 19. Tried every carry position but it always upset my sciatica.

So I now carry a M&P shield 1.0 with an apex trigger and a spare magazine. So much easier on my body and I train with it to be proficient. Not as easy to shoot as the G19 but better for my body.

Springfield Armory XD Mod 2 subcompact .40 with truglo TFX fiber optic / night sights for EDC

I have so many...but I just got this one back from my guy today (642 smith)...cerakoted...paint was rubbing off...he just mixed up a few colors he had on hand...it’s my no nonsense summer carry..

Attachments

• 9DC1F634-7673-40EB-84D1-3410202B1DCA.jpeg
    9DC1F634-7673-40EB-84D1-3410202B1DCA.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 47
  • EB259755-E038-48C4-A946-4F95CFDFCE70.jpeg
    EB259755-E038-48C4-A946-4F95CFDFCE70.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Glock 23 (issued). Lately the Springfield Hellcat has been getting the off duty carry. Riding my bicycle or taking the trash out etc LCP ll.

Reactions: stilesg57
I have so many...but I just got this one back from my guy today (642 smith)...cerakoted...paint was rubbing off...he just mixed up a few colors he had on hand...it’s my no nonsense summer carry..
Are those VZ grips? If so, how do you like them.

G19 as standard.
LCP for tight clothes.
And every once in a blue moon,... I'll run a B&T in a briefcase or backpack. Staying classy.

At the risk of being Johnny-Me-Too, I've been switching between the 1911 and BHP for the past 16 years, but bugger me black and blue if I'm not smitten by the P-07/9...
Stupid fun to shoot.
I need to find a decent holster as I'm just stuffing them in my waistband right now.

View attachment 7356592
Learn to shoot DA/SA

MUCH faster to the first shot than fucking around with the horrible SA safety and just as accurate if you put in a little bit of work.

But then I'm a long-time revolver shooter and have never even held a 1911 since Navy pistol quals during USNA plebe summer 36 years ago.

As far as holsters go, there are tons of good choices. I have had good personal experience with Winthrop for OWB and IWB leather, KT Mech for OWB kydex, and High Noon for IWB kydex