• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats your favorite AR-15 Match Trigger ?

Orlando

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2011
Ohio
Looking for a good Match trigger for my A4T Armalite. Has a Armalite NM trigger but it still leaves something to be desired
Thanks guys
Picture376.jpg

Re: Whats your favorite AR-15 Match Trigger ?

Have a 2 stage geisselle ssa-e and its very nice

Geisselle is the beginning and end of any AR trigger poll.

Geisselle is it, as already stated. The excellent trigger, combined with the durability/reliability is head and shoulders above the rest. I am running a SSA in an 18" 7.62 gas gun and it is amazing.

Geissele. I just ordered my 4th. Decide if you want adjustments or not. Then pick how light you want it and you'll have your answer of which one to get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kvwpwr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele. I just ordered my 4th. Decide if you want adjustments or not. Then pick how light you want it and you'll have your answer of which one to get. </div></div>

As simple as described. I have 2 and getting a 3rd.

Great, that makes my choice easy as well.

Geisselle. I got the match trigger and love it. also heard good things abou the DMR.

If installed correctly a JP trigger is right up there with the geissele if looking for a single stage.

Giessle.

The KAC isn't bad, but its outdated and just as expensive as a Giessle.

The Jewell is amazing, but probably as complex as an AR trigger can get. . . .

Wouldn't recommend the CLE/Bushmaster offerings. Seen too many fail in ways that can cause FA fire. Or just not work at all.

RRA's are ok, but they arent adjustable, and the reliability is so so.

Another vote for the Geissele triggers. I like my SSA-E (curved trigger) and SD-E (flat rigger) a lot the first and second stages just feel right to me. I also like that they are nonadjustable, but they have adjustable options if that's your preference.

To top it off, Geissele is reported to have top notch customer service, though I have never needed it personally.

I am curious to try other options, but haven't taken that leap yet.

Another Geissele user. Have the hi-speed match in both of my ARs.

I have had a few different ones but I stopped looking after my first Geissele, up to 3 right now.

Jard is hard to beat for the money.. but i have no experience with them on AR10 platforms. Jerry Miculek is a friend and swears by ARgold, and the best I've seen for the AR10 is the William's Set Trigger, that they install.

Here's a dissenting opinion. I like the RRA's. I have 3 and they"re quite good.

HRF

I've got a Geissele SSA, a White Oak-tuned RRA (no longer offered, I believe), and an X-Treme Shooting trigger. The X-Treme is probably closest to a Geissele Hi-Speed, $50 less, and the lock time is apparently as low or lower than the Hi-Speed. I really like it and prefer it over my other ones for sure, but it has little adjustments like the Hi-Speed so it's not a bombproof combat trigger. I haven't compared it to a Hi-Speed (note: if you want a Hi-Speed, buy it from Rainier Arms, they include the springs for all three variants). My SSA I would rate over the White Oak tuned RRA because it feels a little more crisp, and it has a reputation for for being bomb proof (unlike the RRA).

I have a Geissele DMR on my S-DMR and love it. They make a variety of products to fit your needs and are worth every cent. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replys
Think I'm going with the Geisselle High Speed Match trigger
Now just gotta search around for a good price on one
Thanks again

Chech out the groupbuy. Jachamr is trying to sell dmr geissele 's at a good price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hrfunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a dissenting opinion. I like the RRA's. I have 3 and they"re quite good.

HRF </div></div>

Have you ever tried one, Geissele that is.....

Is there any other trigger besides Geissele ???? Check out the Group Buy here they have some kickin prices.

Their is so many choices with Geissele it is hard to choose. What would be a good choice for a bench gun going for small group's and the occasional coyote/jack rabbit plink?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downrange1x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any other trigger besides Geissele ???? Check out the Group Buy here they have some kickin prices. </div></div>

Unfortunatly I just missed out. Its closed
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kouki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Their is so many choices with Geissele it is hard to choose. What would be a good choice for a bench gun going for small group's and the occasional coyote/jack rabbit plink? </div></div>

I am going with the High Speed Match trigger for Benchrest

Just received my Service Rifle and they put a Milazzo-Krieger Trigger in it. I never heard of it and thought it sounded like a Disease, but it feels great! I can't wait to try it out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eodcam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just received my Service Rifle and they put a Milazzo-Krieger Trigger in it. I never heard of it and thought it sounded like a Disease, but it feels great! I can't wait to try it out! </div></div>

Lucky bastard! I would love to be able to get my hands on one. My brother had one about 10 yrs ago and IMO it was the cleanest breaking one I ever tried on a gas gun. Not made anymore tho, and that gun got sold for a lift kit. If you ever want to sell pm me for dollars...

Waiting for dealer to get them back in stock
Thanks guys

2-stage is Geissele
1-stage is Jard for me. The JP is good but with the Jard I could set the pretravel, overtravel and disconnector for an extremely short and crisp trigger. With the JP I could only adjust overtravel and pretravel to some extent. With no ability to adjust the disconnector the reset was long and the takeup before release was much more than the Jard.

My RRA 2 stage and Geisselle SSA-E both break at the same exact weights but the Geisselle is cleaner RRA feels kind of scratchy and clunky in comparison. Both work fine and I don't feel at a disadvantage with either.

I also have a chip mccormick single stage and it is nice but the timney 3.5lb felt better to me.

Geissele 2 stage DSM trigger. Love it, have it in my GAP-10 and will be putting it in my Noveske SBR. Beware trying out a Geissele... once you do, you'll be hooked.

I had a geissele match and sold the gun. Bought a gun with timney and really like it other than it's 4 lbs. No creep clean break, if it was around 2.5 lbs I'd love it. Bought a geissele match to replace it with.