• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your favorite cheek riser for a fixed stock?

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina

Completely opinionated answers welcome, and feel free to list any methods of improving cheek weld you see suitable for a fixed sock.

Thanks for the ideas folks!!

Adhesive foam sheets. Stick 'em on until you have the right height, then trim the outline with a hobby knife until it looks semi-presentable.

I like to run the triad stock packs on everything even if the rig has an adjustable cheek piece. You have some room for things you want with the rifle at all times plus you can stack the supplied Velcro strips to tune the perfect cheek weld. The material on the opposite side of the pack feels very comfortable.

I like the Karsten. Easily adjustable height for different positions. The only downside might be that some people don't like the idea of drilling holes in their stock.

Completely opinionated answers welcome, and feel free to list any methods of improving cheek weld you see suitable for a fixed sock.

Thanks for the ideas folks!!

How high?
I've used different things for different heights. Stock packs, cheek saver by limb saver x 2 or even 3, not a fan of Kartsen, but I do have a modified one with a cheeksaver, does fine. Cheek savers come in different thicknesses. Have a neoprene feel to them. But again, how high? Stock pack may be you're answer.

The blackhawk has foam risers in it. 3 of them easily removed and added too

Adhesive foam sheets. Stick 'em on until you have the right height, then trim the outline with a hobby knife until it looks semi-presentable.

This. Adhesive foam, trim it and form it until it's comfortable for you, then wrap it in tape or an ACE bandage. It's not pretty, but it works.

Just went through this myself. I dropped money on a triad stock pack. Absolutely top notch work,fits and functions great.

tactical works has been perfect for me and they've held up to the beating I give them here on the ranch. I have five all left handed and all have been perfect.

Last edited:
If looking for a cheek rest, and not a stock pack.
I'd take a hard look at the Bradley cheek rests, adjustable with no need for drilling holes or permanent install, solidly made, and works very well.
My only complaint is that the cheek rest is a bit slick/slippery, witch can easily be remedied.

Bradley adjustable tactical cheek rest m1a cheek rest

If you want a stock pack the Triad stock packs works excellent, and can be used with shims.
Have one on most of my rifles, even with adjustable cheek rests.