• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats your favorite do all pistol powder?

Halfnutz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 14, 2008
    Peoria County, Illinois
    What is your favorite pistol do-all powder?
    9mm, 38 special, .40cal, 45acp.

I've used Titegroup, Win 231/Hp38, Bullseye, Power Pistol.
    Using H110 for .44mag exclusively.

8lbs of Titegroup on the way because it was available.

Vhita vori N320 for the same purposes as the above poster

Someone has expensive tastes.

Unique, I have a bunch......it has to be my favorite! 😁 memtb
    I forgot about Unique. I barely have gotten into a 1 pounder.

I had backed way off of loading for pistol in the last few years either due to factory being cheap, or lack of use, it just wasn't worth the time. My how things change in a year or so!

I'd run a few boxes of .44mag just to make sure the 550 hadn't locked up on me and just because I wanted to reload a bit other than single stage for rifle cartridges. Way less case prep as well.

Reactions: memtb
    Someone has expensive tastes.

I forgot about Unique. I barely have gotten into a 1 pounder.

I had backed way off of loading for pistol in the last few years either due to factory being cheap, or lack of use, it just wasn't worth the time. My how things change in a year or so!

I'd run a few boxes of .44mag just to make sure the 550 hadn't locked up on me and just because I wanted to reload a bit other than single stage for rifle cartridges. Way less case prep as well.

I’m sit’n on 9 pounds........I need to start shooting more! 😁 memtb

W231

Dirty but meters great.....works in my .38, .45, and hopefully 9mm.

Bullseye and Unique some of my all time favorite powders. The Unique also works amazing for 45 colt with the larger cases and seems to be way more accurate and consistent.

Reactions: Halfnutz
    Titegroup here for 38 and 9mm.

Have heard good things about the VV N320 as a do all powder, as well as BE-86.

Colt Super 38 Auto Power Pistol,

I'm with the big rainbow, WST - 3.2 grs with a 147 gr bullet gets power factor for 9mm. 4.3 grs.. with a 230 gr. bullets for 45ACP
    AC690A3D-380A-4CEB-9ACF-69A50FA919FE.jpeg
    3595213E-1D34-41DE-88B4-A7C5E0A02B77.jpeg

All around has to be Unique. Must be careful metering it, but in anything from 32 H&R to 44 magnum, it will shoot medium loads. Now, Bullesye works better for me in 9mm and 231 works better in 45ACP, but for just plain old versatility, Unique

What I like to shoot is .41 Magnum, 44 Magnum and .45 Colt (in heavy framed SA revolvers) with HEAVY charges of WW296 and heavy cast bullets.

All around has to be Unique. Must be careful metering it, but in anything from 32 H&R to 44 magnum, it will shoot medium loads. Now, Bullesye works better for me in 9mm and 231 works better in 45ACP, but for just plain old versatility, Unique

What I like to shoot is .41 Magnum, 44 Magnum and .45 Colt (in heavy framed SA revolvers) with HEAVY charges of WW296 and heavy cast bullets.
    Yeah boy 41 Remington Magnun,love H110 with a 170 Gr JHP

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
    CFE Pistol

It's easy to make USPSA PF with just about anything when loading 9 mm or 40 S&W

Not so much when loading 38 Special. With CFE Pistol, 130 PF 38 Special loads are easy without going stupid on charge weight.

CFE Pistol

It's easy to make USPSA PF with just about anything when loading 9 mm or 40 S&W

Not so much when loading 38 Special. With CFE Pistol, 130 PF 38 Special loads are easy without going stupid on charge weight.

Ever load lead bullets with it? 158 HBWC are my .38 load for Bullseye.

Ever load lead bullets with it? 158 HBWC are my .38 load for Bullseye.

By the thousands. All I reload for pistols is polymer coated lead.

125 gr conicals or RN for 9 mm, 158 gr RN for 38 Special. This is for USPSA. I just find a load that makes PF with some margin and go. That's the end of my pistol load development.

All the above are great choices. I'll add Ramshot Competition to the mix as well. Similar to n320 and much cheaper. Don't get me wrong, there are other preferable powders such as WST, WSF n320, etc but with today's availability if you can find some , don't pass it up. I used a lot of it in USPSA matches in several cartridge sizes with no problem making appropriate PF.

Where'd you score Titegroup? I somehow got lucky and snagged the a 10lb'er from Brunos the other night. The price made me cringe but better than what some are paying I suppose

Where'd you score Titegroup? I somehow got lucky and snagged the a 10lb'er from Brunos the other night. The price made me cringe but better than what some are paying I suppose

Mid South had 8 pounders last week. $160.76 plus hazmat, shipping and tax. I ordered 1000 124gr to go with it.

Win 231 works well in my 9mm and 45ACP.