• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's your favorite food and how's it prepared?

In the following order as placed on the plate.
Sourdough or Buttermilk Biscuits
Bacon and Green Chile Sausage
Flour thickened cream gravy made from the drippins of the bacon and sausage
2 or 3 sunnyside up eggs on top
Washed down with black coffee

It's hard to choose between these 2 which is more favorite.

Pink-eye purple hull peas cooked long and slow with fresh (uncured) ham or fat back
Fried red taters, okra, and onion (all fried together)
Buttermilk cornbread
The cornbread is put in a large bowl first, then a layer of taters, okra, and onion is put on top of this and then topped with peas and ham and lots of broth.
Washed down with Stout and or Iced Tea.

Chili omelettes and hand made hashbrowns. Served as dinner/ mid rats, day 3 of elk camp (archery) when your eyes bleed and even your bones hurt.

The chili is slow cooked pork 5 days old and re-heated out of a tupperware tub in the ice box of the camper you are sharing with 3 other dudes. Grate potatoes and wring out excess water, cook in a puddle of butter and add salt/pepper. Re-heat chili on back burner of same propane stove, leaving one burner for the omelette fest (you can smell the propane eh? forth burner is for the coffee purcolator, yeah the glass top kind) Add shredded sharp cheddar, lots of beer and occasional shots of talisker scotch.
The background noise should be of guys bitching how heavy thier compounds are on a spot-and-stalk,, lol. No worries, my Howatt is loving life.
Serve one at a time , as thats all the camper's stove will allow,, eat, drink, go comatose, wake, grab pop-tarts for the new day,, repeat.
To this day,, I still love chili omelettes, the wife STILL doesn't understand.

Reactions: animaldoc
Water, calm as glass. Out on the boat at about 5:00 am, nobody else in sight. Lake in the valley of two mountains, so the scenery is "right there". Just enough forward movement to activate the motion of the lure, using an electric motor. Very slight 'ripple' for a wake.

Center bench holds the stove. Single burner backpacker stove. Toast a few slices of bread, and set aside. Cook the bacon, drain the grease, chop up the bacon, add a few eggs, scramble it all together, then serve on the slices of toast. After removing the pan, put on the coffee pot. Yeah, old camp percolator with the little glass bubble that will never get broke.

A great way to start a day. Fish On!

Last edited:
Low country boil.
Shrimp, sausages, potatos corn on the cob. All boiled up with garlic butter to cover everything.

You guys are killing me . I have been in Finland for just over a month and other than smoked salmon I have to agree with the Italians ..... The food here sucks ;)

Water, calm as glass. Out on the boat at about 5:00 am, nobody else in sight. Lake in the valley of two mountains, so the scenery is "right there". Just enough forward movement to activate the motion of the lure, using an electric motor. Very slight 'ripple' for a wake.

Center bench holds the stove. Single burner backpacker stove. Toast a few slices of bread, and set aside. Cook the bacon, drain the grease, chop up the bacon, add a few eggs, scramble it all together, then serve on the slices of toast. After removing the pan, put on the coffee pot. Yeah, old camp perchlorate 'r with the little glass bubble that will never get broke.

A great way to start a day. Fish On!
nice, nothing like the peacefulness of the great outdoors. If you catch some that's the icing on the cake. That's the reason I hunt and fish, good for the soul!

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Ribeye or Hanger Steak marinaded in Garlic Teriaki sauce and grilled to perfection over an open fire...

Hamburger and fresh deep fried cheese curds and a mountain dew.

Fresh ground, cooked medium rare (it must bloody the bottom bun) on a grilled sesame seed bun.

Fresh deep fried white, not yellow cheesecurds, beer battered.

Forgot to mention, burger must be cooked on lump charcoal on my weber.

Baking bag pheasant: four whole pheasant placed in large baking bag. Mix up 1/2 gallon of Worcestershire , orange juice and Italian dressing. Pour over pheasant in bag. Cut up whole onion , two red peppers, two green peppers and cover meat. Then cover all with one pound of bacon and cook for two hours on 350 in oven. Meat will be falling off bone, deelish!!

Pork, wrapped in pork, stuffed with pork. (The Triple P)

Trim and butterfly pork tenderloin, stuff with fresh sausage and bell peppers, onions etc., wrap it up in thick cut bacon. Inject the loin with creole butter and minced garlic & let it sit for a few hours. Smoke over hickory or oak for around two hours at about 275 and enjoy.

I'm all over the map with my tastes. Literally... in order of 'favorite' down to "eatin' for greed's sake":

1) tori sashi and a good cold sake (Japanese rice wine)--that's raw chicken to the uninitiated, with Hakusan sake (both are really hard to find in the States).

2) more tori sashi--because it's smoother than butter and more tender than a rare filet mignon. Speaking of which...

3) a filet mignon, blood rare and plain. (no butter, no bacon, no mushrooms, no onions, etc., etc.--absolutely just a rare-done piece of meat without polluntants) with mashed 'taters and the '68 Charles Krug Pinot Noir. No knife needed unless the cook's an amateur or the meat's second-rate. :)

4) finnan haddie, boiled 'taters, and a good light (not dark) beer.

5) For dessert for all "four" above, 2 fingers of Macallan's 21, neat, with ~1/3 tsp. of water

Fried morel mushrooms and Crappy. You guys can keep your steaks I was raised cattle farming that stuff is an everyday thing.

I'm rather fond of my rotisserie bbq. A small pig like this is about a 10 hour cook over a good hardwood. I used a lot of almond wood for that.

IMAG0010.jpg

Corned Beef with red cabbage, mashed potatoes & root vegetables.
1) take carrots, celery, onions, parsnips & cut half into chunks, other half into 1/4" cubes (keep separate),
2) in a large pot sear the corned beef lightly & set aside.
3) start clarification on chunks of veg, then add 2 quarts of chicken stock, 2 dark beers, 2 shots of Jamison Whiskey & contents of corned beef spice pack (comes with the beef) ; put the beef back in. cover & simmer for 2 hours.
4) make mashed potatoes to your taste (I like sour cream, chives, garlic, black pepper. butterbutterbutter).
5) when beef is done, clarify the small cubes of veg in butter then pour in a cup of the pot liquor from the beef & let it reduce.
6) slice the beef thin, across the grain, serve up with a side of sweet&sour red cabbage (I use the jar type) no need to re-invent the wheel.

it will give you an entire new outlook on "bubble & squeak".
Enjoy!

Fried canned corned beef hash, with a Bud lite.

That is not my favorite, but that is all I'm getting tonight.

I mean ALL I'm getting......

Not sure it's my absolute favorite. But my Southern mom make some pretty awesome deep fried chicken gizzards.

However, I think slow roasted prime rib might be a topper.

rump as the hors d'oeuvre filled with blue berries, sealed with peanut butter, simmered for 10 minutes.

poontang, marinated in blueberries and peanut butter, doused in cabernet sauvignon

dessert finish the hors d'oeuvre

Rib eye seared to medium rare with some horseradish cheese melted on. Just found this cheese, it is the bomb! And a baked spud with all the fixins"

Really, you join and instantly bring up a thread just under 5 years old. LAME.

Where do people even find threads this old?

Fried chicken, made by me. Best ever. Add mashed potatoes and sweet peas ladled into the spuds. Simple. Godamndest part of this, I used to have fried chicken parties. Those ding dongs would drive from miles away to attend. Who woulda a figured, an old gun builder causing a stir over damned old fried chicken, LOL

Woody,
You better not make that chicken when the wind is coming out of the north west.

If that county Sheriff that lives a 1/4 mile down wind of you smells it, he'll be knocking on your door.

"Uh, hi, I'm Sheriff Wells, I have a warrant to search the premises for contraband fried chicken. "

Pulled pork, slow cooked of course as if there's any other way to cook it. And fuck the person who resurrected this 5 year old thread because now I'm craving pulled pork and there's none in my house! :(

White tail back strap on the grill with a cheap beer poured over it.
Hold the beer, loin must be wrapped in bacon and left whole until cut for serving.
Salt, pepper, garlic salt, grilled to medium rare and rested for ten.
If the loin has been handled correctly from kill to grill as good a piece of meat that can be had.

R

30 grams brown surgar
1.5 teaspoons corn starch
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
90 grams flour
1 egg
milk to the right consistancy

I don't know why people waste their time with boxed pancake mix... or Remington 700s.

Sriracha bacon... yep that is what will kill me.
Thick cut smoked bacon, cooked, then a mix of brown sugar and sriracha is mixed. Coat the bacon with said mixture. Bake at about 250f till brown sugar is melted let it cool. Eat it all in one sitting.... then cry that it is all gone...
Crazy good!
I need to figure out a way to get it off the baking sheet. It can be sticky.
Good lord it’s good!

Steak fajitas: I get the butcher to cut me a 3 to 4" thick ribeye, about 4 pounds. After trimming excess fat I make a few narrow incisions to about half depth and stuff in chunks of garlic, onion and habanero. I run the grill hot and dust the surface of the ribeye with garlic mixed into corn meal. Sear a few minutes, flip, then sear all 4 sides. Pull off and quarter. You'll have four ~3-4" cubes. Sear the newly exposed flesh. Then halve each of those quarters and sear the newly exposed flesh. I use a grilling basket for peppers and onions and toss in whole jalapenos, habaneros and garlic. I dunk all of them in melted butter before tossing into the basket. Get the rest of the meal ready to go, then cut the ribeye into 1/2 x 1 x 3" strips and quick heat on the grille, then serve. Beer, margaritas and a hungry attitude make it a festival.