• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your favorite soft rifle case

mrobles3808

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2013
Nebraska
I'm looking for ideas about who makes the best (in your opinion) soft rifle case for safe transport. This will be for a full size rifle with a S&B PM2 5-25. I definitely want to make sure the optics stay safe, but I'm getting away from the pelican.

I've been happy with my Voodoo tactical drag bag. I got the larger one that is designed for a 50 cal. I can fit both of my rifles with 24" barrels and suppressors attached in one back. had it for years and still in good shape. not too expensive either.

I agree with the Armageddon Gear recommendation. Expensive though. That Brownells deal was amazing while it lasted. Would probably have not owned one otherwise. One hell of a bag.

Reactions: Average guy
I have a Eberlestock 52" Sniper Sled Drag Bag that I like a lot. Very well made. Midway has them for $233.18 + shipping depending on color and size.

I agree with the Armageddon Gear recommendation. Expensive though. That Brownells deal was amazing while it lasted. Would probably have not owned one otherwise. One hell of a bag.

Yep, it I'd known how nice they were I'd have ordered two.

Reactions: tackdriver
Yeah, I would have also. Oh, well. The resell value would have made the first even cheaper. Live and learn.

Any reviews on the Armageddon 58" precision rifle case? or any of the others? Thanks. I'm looking for something for my Manners MCS-T5, with a 27" barrel, and Steiner 5X25.

Last edited:
Hogue gear makes a decent case, if you can do non-snipery.
WRB sales makes good smaller ones. Pretty sure they make the ones sold by Larue and SIg.

For one of mine I like the LaRue drag bag.

DSCN2457a copy.jpg
DSCN0118a copy.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2453 copy.JPG
    DSCN2453 copy.JPG
    465.7 KB · Views: 86

Attachments

• IMG_20190226_114018.jpg
    IMG_20190226_114018.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20190226_114049.jpg
    IMG_20190226_114049.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20190226_114040.jpg
    IMG_20190226_114040.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 168
Midway cases are cool for the kids to have something for their pellet guns.

I have had my voodoo for 3 years now and love it I have two of their bags and they are quality enough to last and and the pockets to handle anything. Their drag bag and their 42 inch two rifle bag have been awesome. In multicam of course haha

Reactions: SonicBurlap
The M2010 case from Armageddon is the only piece of gear from them that I didn't like. Switched over to an TacOps bag and couldn't be happier.

I have a Eberlestock 52" Sniper Sled Drag Bag that I like a lot. Very well made. Midway has them for $233.18 + shipping depending on color and size.

Are you sure on those Midway prices? I don't see any below $329.

Thanks,
Ted

please keep in mind, you get what you pay for. My Voodoo Tactical bag saw some abuse as it went from my personal car trunk to the trunk of my patrol car at work every day, plus range trips. The zipper broke, the shoulder strap broke, sent back for replacement. Then the webbing on the front broke, the shoulder strap broke again, the handle is hanging off of it. If it's just going to go back and forth to the range, then it's fine. If you want it to hold up, then I'd pass.

The LWRC guitar care looks great but over prices IMO. Who the hell cares what the case looks like. What, are people worried about what it looks like in your car or laying around? A crackhead will break into your shit and steal it weather it's a gun, guitar, tennis racket, etc.....

I personally have had the best luck with Tactical Tailor as they make quality stuff.

I'm a big fan of the Armageddon Gear 2010 and CSASS cases. I do wish they have backpack straps though. I was looking at the air armor tech long gun bag but man those are pricey.

Ive been using the Eberlestock Drag Bag for two years now and I am still trying to find something about it that I don't like..

It is so well thought out...best i have ever used.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Ive been using the Eberlestock Drag Bag for two years now and I am still trying to find something about it that I don't like..

It is so well thought out...best i have ever used.
I've actually been thinking of getting one of these.

Any reviews on the Armageddon 58" precision rifle case? or any of the others? Thanks. I'm looking for something for my Manners MCS-T5, with a 27" barrel, and Steiner 5X25.
Old post, but I love mine. 22" bergara with a 7" suppressor has tons of room still. Good padding, no concerns about it being in the back of a pickup for a short ride. And the company is awesome

Reactions: Average guy
I have their 2010 case and it is really well thought out and put together. Only downside is you're limited to carrying it like a brief case.

Old post, but I love mine. 22" bergara with a 7" suppressor has tons of room still. Good padding, no concerns about it being in the back of a pickup for a short ride. And the company is awesome

Thanks, I ended up getting one on there Black friday sale, well made and so far so good. Cheers

i went through this a while back, looked at all the high end bags . some one recomended the cabelas tactical bag. its $69 , i bought one for a new custom rifle and it is really nice, my brother saw it and bought one too. cant go wrong for the price

The M2010 case from Armageddon is the only piece of gear from them that I didn't like. Switched over to an TacOps bag and couldn't be happier.

Got a few Tac Ops bags several years ago. Very well made.

Don't know how often Mike gets them made, but if you can find one, suggest you get it.

Reactions: Mormegil87
Tactical Operations.

Great quality and durability - I've used mine for 6+ years and it shows zero sign of any use (minus the dirt and sand on the bags). If you washed the bag off, they would look brand new.

Plenty of great features. Lots of pockets for storage, there's a suppressor pouch, a little "pouch" on the inside to protect your muzzle, shooting mat, shoulder straps which tuck away when not in use, etc.

I can't imagine there being a better bag. It's pricey, but you get what you pay for.

I really like my Eagle Industries bags. Not sure they still make them.

Any that fit flat and nice in top part of your hard case, very flat unloaded?

Reactions: acudaowner

Fenix might be talking about the Condor Sniper Shooters Mat. If that’s the case....

I’ll second this. My Howa Bravo w/26” barrel and VG65 gamma brake fit in it like a glove. If the rifle were 1”-2” longer it might get a little tight. Bag doubles as a shooting mat. If you don’t detach the shoulder straps, using it as a mat can be a little lumpy in spots.... but I’ve never had problems with that.

I believe I have the NcStar version of it..... same bag though. Shop around for both. I think the Condor goes for right around $100, and the NcStar can be had for $60-$70.

Armageddon gear long precision rifle case.
Fits my Ai AT with suppressor, and NF 7-35 no problem.
Plus there are a few details that make it stand out:
  1. The nylon fits tight to the padding. It’s not loose like some other cases which are then susceptible to tearing.
  2. They have a padded shroud beneath the main zipper that protects your elevation turret.

Armageddon gear long precision rifle case.
Fits my Ai AT with suppressor, and NF 7-35 no problem.
Plus there are a few details that make it stand out:
  1. The nylon fits tight to the padding. It’s not loose like some other cases which are then susceptible to tearing.
  2. They have a padded shroud beneath the main zipper that protects your elevation turret.
Thanks for that, I’ve been looking for more details about this case but couldn’t find much.

Reactions: Steelcityprecision
Armageddon Gear across the board - the M2010 case is amazing (albeit expensive), the PR case is another great option with a ton of padding, and if you need simple with a little padding, the case they make for GA Precision is another good one. I have both the AG/GAP soft case and the M2010 case, and I am eventually going to end up picking up the PR case as well.

I purchased a Hogue single rifle case and it is very nice. Soft velour interior, rugged exterior, well padded everywhere, even around the zipper area so no worries about the scope or turrets, and really well stitched. The rectangular outside pocket has separate pouches that are perfect for mags and small tools and will easily hold a notebook as well, and the long triangular outside pocket is great for something like a cleaning rod.

Very non-tactical in appearance as well, I got it in black and it could be mistaken for an instrument case if you weren't looking hard. It is definitely the best rifle case I have owned.

Last edited: