• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's Your Oldest Jar of Powder??

Here are a couple cans of Hercules Powder, I also have a sealed 8 pound Keg of Bullseye, The Keg is made of fiber card board and the cap is about 7-8 inches round and goes down about 6 inches. It is still sealed, I use the small cans of Bullseye for my 148gr. wadcutter load 2.9 gr. for my S&W Model 52, and 4.9 gr. for 200 gr. c/t in my Les Bear Bullseye gun, powder seems good no bad odor and I'm winning matches For my jacket loads I use Power Pistol The Reloader #7 shoots lights out in my .222 Rem. XBR.

Attachments

• IMG_3513.JPG
    IMG_3513.JPG
    561.5 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: camocorvette
I just loaded some h335 from cardboard containers in the Dillon last week.

How about a cardboard 8# jug of PB? No idea on age, just given to me as "nobody knows what it is or wants it". Great shotgun powder.

I just loaded some h335 from cardboard containers in the Dillon last week.

How about a cardboard 8# jug of PB? No idea on age, just given to me as "nobody knows what it is or wants it". Great shotgun powder.

PB is also a very useable pistol powder, very similar to Alliant Green Dot. I found an IMR loading manual in my book case from 2004 and it had loading data for PB in every pistol caliber(even 40, 10MM & .357 Sig) in the book. You just have to dig around to find data for it.

Look for an IMR powder data book. It is good powder just as long as it hasn't turned.

@GrantB do you have a date on your HI-SKOR 800-X? on that price tag? I got a can....but I dumped the powder a while back...kept the can.

Thanks @spife7980 Couldn't read it on the little screen...still can't read it that well...anyone know about when they stopped putting it in the metal tins? My tin was handed down...and it is from much earlier than 96.

I have some 1950/60 stuff but it’s in whatever container I had at the time. The local reloading guy bought in kegs and he would weigh it out and dump it in whatever you had. He kept paper bags on hand and would write the name on it, put the powder in and off you went. Remember is was $3-5/lb depending on powder

I have some 1950/60 stuff but it’s in whatever container I had at the time. The local reloading guy bought in kegs and he would weigh it out and dump it in whatever you had. He kept paper bags on hand and would write the name on it, put the powder in and off you went. Remember is was $3-5/lb depending on powder

Yea...I use to buy some like that from mil take downs....also, used to get some great deals on take down 175gr SMK's....shot great too....tar and all.