• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

dude, we so could hog hunt out of that
In the Dakotas, guys hunted coyotes out of Cubs for years with the DNR’s blessing. The tandem seating platform in conjunction with the big door made it a killing machine. A “practical” flying test under their watchful eye got you a sticker to put on the tail and boom, your hunting coyotes. Typically armed with a semiauto shotgun, the “aft gunner” would go to work while the off season ag pilot did his best. Props and wing struts suffered collateral damage at times ?

My “range” will be open soon. Started today. ??
57C67DE3-2F2D-47E4-9A81-9F4B1AD9AA39.jpeg

At least they didn't have to wait till it was all dried out, and then leave it on the field until they were ok with the price they were getting... some corn has been sitting on the fields till January around here

Yessir. :oops: The upstairs is gonna be pretty cool. Dropped all the wood righton the property and milled it all up on 2 mills cuz he don't like minutes. ;)

I gotta little lure project for ya when ya git over here. :ROFLMAO:

I hope that little lure project involves testing them in your local fishing hole, last time I was over there I managed to catch some Stripers in the Colorado River on my birthday which happened to be on Labor Day that year.
35.5 hours to go till the funeral.

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
I hope that little lure project involves testing them in your local fishing hole, last time I was over there I managed to catch some Stripers in the Colorado River on my birthday which happened to be on Labor Day that year.
35.5 hours to go till the funeral.

You're gonna have to settle for Salmon. They're hitting the rivers at a pretty damn good pace right now and the big push of them is coming.............. All in the timing Brother. (y)

7CD8FEE3-925A-4BE1-AF16-A92E88F6E89C.jpeg
84F88153-34DA-48B7-9621-73AE9BD753CD.jpeg
90B3A8BF-A166-40AA-A0DB-7CD3477BA254.jpeg
904E68F2-3BDC-47E2-AE7C-92474C9832E7.jpeg

Went for a little UTV ride Saturday. These are just a couple miles as the crow flies from the pictures on the Boulder I posted earlier in the thread, accessed from a totally different direction/route. We ate lunch just shy of 10k elevation deep in bear country.

Last edited:
That vid quality is terrible!! Jamie said is was fuzzy when I sent it to her too. It's super sharp focused on my phone

Best way to send a "Movie" Vid is to put it up on Youtube or something like that first. Then you can tweak it a bit and send the link or embed dealy bob. Otherwise Snapchat, right.

We'll get right at 500 without 'moving' anything. From there shooting a bit to the right we'd be able to squeeze out 750-800. Nothing radical, but still fun with small plates. ;)

If ya can’t do it at 800 you better hang it up for 1000??? Im guessing you have framing privileges ? Cool as shit amigo?

Reactions: 1J04
If ya can’t do it at 800 you better hang it up for 1000??? Im guessing you have framing privileges ? Cool as shit amigo?
Your first sentence says it all. I've helped several newbies getting started in this game. They will miss all day at 700 plus, yet insist on trying the 1K target! I don't get it. I guess it's to be able to brag to their Fud buddies that they connected at 1K because it sounds cool.They leave out the part where they had 15 misses prior to that single impact. Have to be able to walk before you can run.

We'll get right at 500 without 'moving' anything. From there shooting a bit to the right we'd be able to squeeze out 750-800. Nothing radical, but still fun with small plates. ;)

That shooting structure is the bomb. And the yardage you listed above is plenty good if the wind is blowing, especially with a SA caliber!

Reactions: 1J04
Your first sentence says it all. I've helped several newbies getting started in this game. They will miss all day at 700 plus, yet insist on trying the 1K target! I don't get it. I guess it's to be able to brag to their Fud buddies that they connected at 1K because it sounds cool.They leave out the part where they had 15 misses prior to that single impact. Have to be able to walk before you can run.

Rookies??? I’ve got it all the way down to 12 rounds now.......??? I’m still learning and damn if it isn’t some fun? personal goal is Mr Wiley P Coyote at 1000. Tall order cuz the little bastard won’t hold still and broadside while I shoot him?

View attachment 6943262

Sunset view from Ferry crossing the Adriatic Sea to Pula, Croatia 2 hours ago. Looking aft/westward in the direction of Venice, Italy. Very hazy, but the doldrums made for a very smooth ride....

NICE !!! Bout time ya started posting up some pics of this dash about the world. Safe travels our friend.

NICE !!! Bout time ya started posting up some pics of this dash about the world. Safe travels our friend.

Thx Bud, this trip has been the shizzle so far. Spent a couple of days in Venice. Yin and Yang kind of experience. Really cool everything, but way too many people/tourists. The wife and I made friends with a local restauranteur.....Started out as complete strangers. The guy just spoiled the shit out of us. He deals with tourist shitbirds all day/every day, but I guess he liked the fact that we treated his staff and him with a great deal of respect from the "get go". He has young kids/men working there, all working long hours and trying really hard. The kind of young men that you would want your daughters to be dating. Had great food, reasonably priced and he threw in all kinds of goodies for us to take home with us. We drowned them with "Thank You's".....(and tips).

In Pula Croatia now, came into the harbor tonight on the ferry in darkness. The 6th oldest (but most intact) Roman Coliseum in the world was illuminated and is 2 blocks from our "apartment". Will be walking around tomorrow and taking local transportation to see the sights. Will report back (with pics). Have already talked with the innkeeper about doing an extended stay (30 days or more) on future visits when I retire. Pula and Budapest (fucking amazing) are definitely on the top of the list. Cheap, beautiful and great, geat people. Going to Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik and then on to Ljubljana in the next few days.

Oh, and these people, all of them, have lived behind the Iron Curtain. Shy of you Devil Dogs that have stared it down and know better, the average "Murikan" has no fucking idea of how bad things can get. In my travels, it is not unusual for locals to say something to me in reverence to the USA in regard to helping end their oppression. I'm so far beyond being humbled, I just say "Thank you, you're welcome and may my wife and I offer to share our table, wine and meals with you". Just gawd awful magic......I just love this. Off to bed now, been a long day...Take care everyone !

Last edited:

I forgot to ask you......do you remember the praying mantis in Japan being venomous? I was warned when I got there and always wondered if it was just the guys messin with the gaijin. Got out of a shower and had one start to put his leg on the back of my leg before he exited stage left due to a redneck ninja swat kick I learned in the outback wilds of northern Utah from Gaucho the sheep herder? he said it works for rams trying to put their back hooves in your boots but I never found myself in that type of peril......I can tell you it worked on that preying mantis???

Reactions: Barneybdb
I forgot to ask you......do you remember the praying mantis in Japan being venomous? I was warned when I got there and always wondered if it was just the guys messin with the gaijin. Got out of a shower and had one start to put his leg on the back of my leg before he exited stage left due to a redneck ninja swat kick I learned in the outback wilds of northern Utah from Gaucho the sheep herder? he said it works for rams trying to put their back hooves in your boots but I never found myself in that type of peril......I can tell you it worked on that preying mantis???

I've never heard of that. If you said Australia, I'd be saying more than likely. ?

I've never heard of that. If you said Australia, I'd be saying more than likely. ?

Guys said they took a guy to the hospital for treatment the week before I got there so I wasn’t taking chances.? Didn’t take us long to figure out that our ‘terp’ was a complete dick from Tacoma. Info probably came from him cuz when I smacked it across the room the other guys were scrambling to get away from it???

Tnichols
Awesome for you man. Talked to my buddy last night, he started chopping yesterday.
As much as the dust destroyed my asthma, I always loved harvest time.

Reactions: tnichols
@Rthur Hope it's going well for you buddy. Buddy just sent me this. I'll see it later tonight. Working late but appears to be worth the wait. ;) Nice 6x6. I knew that pole bldg we're putting up would come in handy. :LOL:
IMG_20180912_192247478.jpg
IMG_20180913_113234478.jpg
IMG_20180913_145852_01.jpg
IMG_20180913_094359534.jpg

Last edited:
Yes they are Geno!

I just want to know where to shoot an elk you dont have to quarter and carry for a minimum 2 miles in rough country?
I wanna go huntin there and just take a week of long hikes here in CO.

Yes they are Geno!

I just want to know where to shoot an elk you dont have to quarter and carry for a minimum 2 miles in rough country?

Hi,

The answer to your desires lol..
44d60e20b36ec2b643ea4b24bdac20c4.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Yes they are Geno!

You see the hole that Bull is in? 2 Miles? lol They humped all night to get into this spot we dropped them off the night before the opener. They took it out with a block and tackle, mile of crab line, and 4 sections of haywire. Like logging, but skylining an Elk. People do it around here all the time. We've had a fair share of hump your ass off to the back forty for 2 or 3 trips with quarters, head n cape n bone, gear, yada yada. But I know what you mean. Really. ;)

Then again, we do enjoy whacking them in the Farmers fields from time to time. Nothing wrong with that.

1J04
I got ya. Not sure which sounds like more fun. Humping quarters or what you described. Either way, gorgeous elk your buddy got.
If i could get one when its cold enough to age em a couple weeks on the bone, that would be just amazing.
No elk hunting for me this year. Made a plan to eat well anyways.
Headed to IA tomorrow to pick up about 1600 lbs of packaged beef. 2 heifers from one of my best buddies farms, processed by a family friend. Divided between 4 of us when we get it back to CO. Driving tomorrow after work, loading up on Sat AM at 0900, then headed right back to CO to unload Saturday night.

1J04
I got ya. Not sure which sounds like more fun. Humping quarters or what you described. Either way, gorgeous elk your buddy got.
If i could get one when its cold enough to age em a couple weeks on the bone, that would be just amazing.
No elk hunting for me this year. Made a plan to eat well anyways.
Headed to IA tomorrow to pick up about 1600 lbs of packaged beef. 2 heifers from one of my best buddies farms, processed by a family friend. Divided between 4 of us when we get it back to CO. Driving tomorrow after work, loading up on Sat AM at 0900, then headed right back to CO to unload Saturday night.

NOICE. What beef? Angus, Charolais ? Sister in Modesto on her little Ranch use to grow Charolais. Finished them off for a few month if I remember right with grain. Geezus those were the bomb. We built a walk in cooler just down the street from me at another friends place. You've seen some pictures in the past I believe of it. Turned out great. We can easily be in the 70's to 80's right now like years past during Archery Elk. MANY animals have spoiled due to distance out and having a means to cool the meat properly. Such a waste. Fish and Game 'try' to ferry people to their animal if they're behind a gate in a walk-in unit to save the meat. But there's only so many and they got other stuff to do apparently. Enjoy that Beef !! ;)

And this poor bastard busted his back scratcher while in velvet. :oops:

20180913_215112.jpg
20180913_215052.jpg

Last edited: