• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

And rattle snek didn’t make it
FD223056-6739-4EFB-BDA5-730BADC03E26.jpeg

What part of WA @Geno C. ?

Looks kinda dry....... ?

Anyways.

Momma is having a girls dinner and a haunted house trip tonight.
Not my bag so I am home working on projects and may jab a stick in my eye and still have more fun than a haunted house.
Quick hardware run tonight to make big project tomorrow go faster.

You wanna be scared, read the darn news.

There is a new movie out I want to see, maybe Sunday afternoon. About a Christian man who gathers his family (they fight to) and fights back in a time of civil unrest. Not supported by main Hollywood, so probably a great movie.
“The Reliant”.

For the past several years the Child Bride and I would always spend a lot of time at the family farm with my folks, she and Mom cooking and talking, Dad and I fixing things and mowing. Best time of the year would be the 4-6 days I'd stay to button up for the winter. With life being turned upside down this last year, I've only been able to work in a single farm day every 7-10 days. Today was one of them. Be advised, lots of pics.

Still a lot of snow around, if the sun doesn't touch it it don't melt. Photo facing east.

PA250531.JPG

Around 4 pm Dad and I took our tour of the land. We saw the land renter's combine up north, it wasn't moving. "We better check it out". O.K. Dad. Took this photo on the drive, apparently a combine can go through water..

PA250532.JPG

but not through muddy snow.

PA250535.JPG

Dad told me Bert spent $30,000 for the 4 extra tires and the hydro rear wheel drive. Another farmer spent $80,000 plus for a track system. Yet still, mud is mud.

Might be a long harvest.

PA250536.JPG

We did not see a single row crop that did not have some snow, or water, standing in the rows. Not a one. Dad was born in'27, and has lived on the same place since'34, he has never seen a fall like this one.

Here's the Man, 92 years young.

PA250540.JPG

Lots more photos of the Jim River out of it's banks, sloughs overflowing and such. Glad I'm not farming, Pops agrees.

Regardless of the circumstances, it was a good day.

Edit: Photo #1 facing west.

For the past several years the Child Bride and I would always spend a lot of time at the family farm with my folks, she and Mom cooking and talking, Dad and I fixing things and mowing. Best time of the year would be the 4-6 days I'd stay to button up for the winter. With life being turned upside down this last year, I've only been able to work in a single farm day every 7-10 days. Today was one of them. Be advised, lots of pics.

Still a lot of snow around, if the sun doesn't touch it it don't melt. Photo facing east.

View attachment 7171053

Around 4 pm Dad and I took our tour of the land. We saw the land renter's combine up north, it wasn't moving. "We better check it out". O.K. Dad. Took this photo on the drive, apparently a combine can go through water..

View attachment 7171045

View attachment 7171048

Dad told me Bert spent $30,000 for the 4 extra tires and the hydro rear wheel drive. Another farmer spent $80,000 plus for a track system. Yet still, mud is mud.

Might be a long harvest.

View attachment 7171051

We did not see a single row crop that did not have some snow, or water, standing in the rows. Not a one. Dad was born in'27, and has lived on the same place since'34, he has never seen a fall like this one.

View attachment 7171054

Lots more photos of the Jim River out of it's banks, sloughs overflowing and such. Glad I'm not farming, Pops agrees.

@Nodakplowboy Great pics. North of Jamestown? We farm NE of Fargo about 75 miles. Finished our sunflowers on Sunday and spinning through one more day of soybeans tomorrow. But we are very fortunate to not be crazy wet like lots of places.

View attachment 7171053

View attachment 7171045

View attachment 7171048

Might be a long harvest.

View attachment 7171051

View attachment 7171054

Can’t hit a “like” for this. That’s a damn mess to slug it out in. We’re seeing more tracks on combines down this way to. Good luck to those fellas and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Reactions: Bryan W M and 1J04
Picked up a bottle of this on the way home from Singapore....

1572088086584.png

Maker’s Mark Bourbon fans are going to have to get their passports ready, because the legendary bourbon distiller is releasing a new standard $50, one-liter bottling at a new proof exclusively for Global Travel Retail this month.

The new Maker’s Mark 101 is a fifth new core whiskey release (ever) and first for the brand: the first time they’ve done a travel retail exclusive in their decades of storied history.

The 101 proof bottling is a rare treat; though it has been bottled before, it was rarely if ever sold. Instead it was held in reserve at the Loretto, Kentucky distillery to be shared with special guests. The public bottle is still dipped in red wax, but the bottle is painted with gold lettering and presented in a carton.

Maker’s Mark says the whisky is “sweet on the nose with dark, bold spice… [and on the palate] rich and creamy with spicy fruit and caramel, with a mellow, creamy and lingering mid-palate finish.”

This is not Maker’s Mark’s highest proof whiskey–that title is held by Maker’s Cask Strength–but it does fit neatly between the classic and cask strength bottles. Maker’s Mark rarely releases new products: the entire portfolio consists of just four bottles, including the classic, Private Select, 46, and Cask Strength. Other special editions are often classic Maker’s Mark whiskey in a special bottle, with unique wax colors.

Proof has been a topic of contention for Maker’s Mark in the past: the brand once infamously tried to meet rising demand by reducing the proof of its core whisky before immediately reversing course amid protests from fans. The next year they followed up with the launch of Cask Strength. It never made sense to us, but that bottle is so good… who can complain.

Maker’s Mark 101 will be available in Global Travel Retail shops for about $50 U.S. for a one liter bottle, starting this month.

Looking at a bonehead mistake.
I had my small trailer hooked to the F-250 moving my daughter to her new place. Drove 60 miles home and pulled into the local grocery store for a few things. I started backing into a parking place and the crunching metal reminder that I had a trailer behind me sucks.
MVIMG_20191026_164924.jpg

IMG_20191026_164918.jpg

OH well. It's about time for some real damage. It's a 2001 and besides the normal rock chip this is the first sent.

I had my small trailer hooked to the F-250 moving my daughter to her new place. Drove 60 miles home and pulled into the local grocery store for a few things. I started backing into a parking place and the crunching metal reminder that I had a trailer behind me sucks.
View attachment 7171556
View attachment 7171558
OH well. It's about time for some real damage. It's a 2001 and besides the normal rock chip this is the first sent.
I'd like to say that hasn't happened to me before, but I'd be lying.

View attachment 7171556
View attachment 7171558

Damn, that sucks. Wonder if you could pop it out with a plunger, or from inside the wheel well?

I stuck a nice whitetail tonight... hit him high downward angle and the arrow only went in about 6in. Luminock and arrow still in him out there. Wish me luck in the morning boys. I won’t sleep thinking about it, makes me sick.
? I know that feeling. Unfinished business. Good luck in the morning.

Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb
It had just started raining and I was a bit disgusted with myself so I just took a quick glance from inside the wheel well. It did look like it will pop back.
I will take it to a friend's shop and put it on the lift to check it out. I am pretty busy this week preparing for a 12 day hunting trip.
So it's probably going to wait until I get back.
Damn, that sucks. Wonder if you could pop it out with a plunger, or from inside the wheel well?

It had just started raining and I was a bit disgusted with myself so I just took a quick glance from inside the wheel well. It did look like it will pop back.
I will take it to a friend's shop and put it on the lift to check it out. I am pretty busy this week preparing for a 12 day hunting trip.
So it's probably going to wait until I get back.
Ive heard putting a chunk of dry ice next to it could work as well.

View attachment 71722335 hours last night and 13 today. The map pic doesn’t show brush you can’t see 15 feet in or slopes so steep you pull yourself up the hill with handfuls of berry briars. Blue dot is where I stuck him and blue line is last nights track. The last blood I found last night was the end of the trail, which splits four ways on top of the hill. My first lost deer bow hunting for 18 years was the biggest buck I’ve ever had a chance at. I’m crushed and exhausted. This is him in velvet. Sorry for the vent.

View attachment 7172227
Damn. Sorry to hear that. That is a hog!

Sorry man, it always sucks to lose one, especially one that looks like that!

View attachment 71722335 hours last night and 13 today. The map pic doesn’t show brush you can’t see 15 feet in or slopes so steep you pull yourself up the hill with handfuls of berry briars. Blue dot is where I stuck him and blue line is last nights track. The last blood I found last night was the end of the trail, which splits four ways on top of the hill. My first lost deer bow hunting for 18 years was the biggest buck I’ve ever had a chance at. I’m crushed and exhausted. This is him in velvet. Sorry for the vent.

View attachment 7172227
I’m sorry. Can’t unring the bell. You put in the time and effort for sure. Tomorrow is a new day.

I’m sorry. Can’t unring the bell. You put in the time and effort for sure. Tomorrow is a new day.

Just means rifle season means a little more this year. That’s a wrap on my bow season until I find him. Been eyeballin a Barrett fieldcraft to match up with the Razor LH I just snagged. Nothing like a light freezer for an excuse.

Never been stopped for tilt. They could bust me for my exhaust and smoker clearance lights and I’m sure a bunch of other crap. Town cops don’t bother me and it’s been my experience that if you don’t drive like an idiot they tend not to bother you for small stuff?

It takes a little beating but it’s been on there 3 years and not one is burnt out or has water in it. I don’t want to touch it because it’s been so perfect. I would like the get it recoated. It’s mounted to the underside of the steel bumper, not the plastic air dam

I am a habitual brass scrounger. always have been. I'll pick up everything, sort through and keep what I have a use for and scrap the rest. This is last falls/this years to date harvest of .223/5.56

PA280544.JPG

26#. I've contributed around 800 rounds, the rest is range brass. Tumble, sort (hold the LC separate), process and reload. With only a pair of Rockchuckers, it takes some time. I guess that's what long winter evenings are for. Talked to a guy, he's going to talk to a guy, could add 1,000 plus to the bucket, little or no charge.

Been finding more live ammo than normal...

PA280545.JPG

Must be easier to clear a jam and not pick up the round. Pull the bullets and recycle, no way will this stuff go through a AR.

Had a little time to kill today. Took Jamie up to chinook pass. She’s never seen terrain like it before. With the colors changing and a beautiful day, it couldn’t have been any betterView attachment 7171429View attachment 7171430

I've skied that exact spot in years past........(many years passed......:))

Right behind you from the bottom pic, over the saddle 3 or 4 miles is Crystal Mountain ski area. Used to tear that place up too.