• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

1573870080268.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Thats great news! Glad you got a little shooting time in. I may go do a a little .22 rifle shooting from 25-125 yds on Sunday depending on what the little lady has up her sleeve.

Thank you, it is good news. We both feel like we're getting a fresh start. 34 years and counting.

As was pointed out to me by another board member, shooting is therapy. Now that you mention it, haven't popped any .22 in some time. We'll see what my Sunday PM brings, spinners at 100.

Have fun, be safe.

@Nodakplowboy

You may not know, my mom is a CA survivor. Came down sick when I just turned 4. Told in April of 1985 she would make it till the fall was all.

Talked with her and my dad yesterday.

She was given less than 1% chance of survival. Had 3 young boys ages 4-8.

Started my career early and the earliest sign in my life I remember of really believing in miracles.

Very pleased for you and your little lady. Give her my best

Mr Chikin

I reckon we have different definitions of the word cold. My house is 60F when I wake up in the AM. Then I drive to work above 30F without gloves and a light fleece jacket.

I do wish you well gettin your shack insulated up so you can be more comfortable. Hope all is goin well with your land work. Enjoyed your pics of cleaning up some undergrowth last trip (I think).

Behave and use caution with all those fancy tools.

Mr Chikin

I reckon we have different definitions of the word cold. My house is 60F when I wake up in the AM. Then I drive to work above 30F without gloves and a light fleece jacket.

I do wish you well gettin your shack insulated up so you can be more comfortable. Hope all is goin well with your land work. Enjoyed your pics of cleaning up some undergrowth last trip (I think).

Behave and use caution with all those fancy tools.
I get the feelin you been drinkin

@Geno C.

500 mL last night would have me in a tough spot until sometime tomorrow.....

My rocks glass I usually drink from is decent size.
Waterford Crystal that my best friend growing up got me as a college graduation present. I was into good whiskey back then too.
Always tasted good to me.

Well, I have had a super-shitty sinus infection for the past few days, so no range trips this weekend - sucks. Trying to keep it out of my chest. On the upswing now though.

Figured I would do some scope mounting/leveling and cleaning on this beast...

8704D9C8-8FFF-4450-B6F7-5BB4D8584B8B.jpeg

DFF8CA53-47BD-4E12-8D6B-D42085E26863.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04 and Rthur
Not a lot of shoulder on those muzzle threads?

It’s a M24x1 thread (looks good from a different angle), but the barrel is turned for AI’s "clamp-on" brake. A brake that required screw-torque to stay in place would be tough.

I plan of having a longer, heavier barrel spun-up for it. 34" will make a substantial MV increase (~175 FPS over the 27").

8F217D92-52FF-4EFE-AEE5-DF49CADCCA13.jpeg

Cant believe you wasted money on that “ overpriced European mount” when you could have had a JIZZ mount made in the USA......... ?

LOL!! The C.U.M. mount... yeah, that one weighed heavy on my mind - and chest. I wiped that thought away with a sock and ended up with the Spuhr.

As soon as the Era-Tac 1.8" mounts are back in stock I will be ordering one of those. As is after the laser bore-sighting, I can use 33 of the 39 MILs @ 45 MOA declination. Era-Tac should give full mechanical range - if ever needed.

To be honest though, I think 33 MILs is plenty - I'd get a Charlie TARAC before I screwed the eye-box up with 70 MOA of declination, hehe.

Oh, and in case anyone wonders why the sight height seems high, it kinda has to be given the cheek rest (and for me to get a solid cheek weld). 1.7” to 1.8” is what the AI mounts for the AW50 and AX50 are.

This is a Spuhr 1.8”, 45 MOA (0 MOA receiver).

View attachment 7184521

Beautiful rig Brother! Damn.?

Stock came in yesterday! I'll be doing a write up soon as time permits........

LOVE IT!

20191116_022227.jpg
20191116_022326.jpg
20191116_135456.jpg

My view yesterday:
NRL 22 match.jpg

Had a solid crew for the weather and opening day of deer season.
Have to say this game is a lot of fun.

Almost forgot, we had a celebrity guest yesterday.
John McQuay/8541 Tactical came over to shoot with us.
He has a youtube channel ect.
Great guy and a solid shooter

R

Last edited:
With our late spring/fall I was finally able to set my 1K target yesterday. Had time after lunch today to give it a go. Right over and beyond the still standing corn. Damp, light rain, and poor visibility. I didn’t care one bit. I’m back in business fellas.
7ECA84A5-6036-49EA-A1AD-E47C76FCAF41.jpeg

1k is a .308 target..........

I was up to my brothers working on some stuff for him again yesterday and couldn't believe the volume of corn still standing in CO. We haven't had the rainy fall here like you have in IA and though more wet than others, most corn was in in a pretty good time I think.

Just razzing you. Come shoot at 4800 ASL with no humidity and range changes a tad. I can't imagine the 175 at 2550fps in IA cold and humidity. We all know it can't shoot past 200 yds anyways......

Reactions: Barneybdb