• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

We feel so sorry for you..........tough life. ;) :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
16” and it still keeps coming down.

1575235110136.jpeg

Well, it was 11F this AM when I climbed into my truck. A tad different than the 82F I was enjoying in FL on Friday.

No pics of the day. Dropped off my kiddo at 0715 to her mom since she had not seen her in over a week due to our trip.
double church services after that (volunteer there on Sunday AM as a medical resource), a quick Christmas shopping errand, and have been home doing very little for the last 5 hrs. Planning to continue that until bedtime!

@Geno C.

Thanks for the extra details.

Exit in the first photo looked perfect for placement. Far back enough to drop her and not tear up much but rib meat.

How far was the shot? Whats the velocity on those 155’s?

Little man probably lost his mind!! Very happy for him.

We have age restriction of 12 here in CO for big game. Will probably look at 300 BO or 6.5 grendel for my daughters first deer. I currently have some honey holes for mulie does, though I will probably make her do a couple hard days hiking first. Like Cash did, the waiting, work, and anticipation helps build character.

It was a perfect shot placement. Punched a nice sized hole through the heart. I’d have to measure exactly but it was right around 30yrds. He’s practiced the shot a bunch of times. When we look at the trail cam pics, I make him show me where he needs to put the bullet. He knows what needs to be done and is as prepared as I could make him. The shot, was all up to him though, like they all are.

I’m not sure how fast this ammo is going in this gun. It just happened to shoot well in this one too. It was loaded for my single shot and is a little too long to load more than one in an AR mag. So he gets one in the chamber and one on the top of the mag. The gas is shut off and I made an extended handle for the side charger.

@Geno C.

Thanks for the extra details.

Exit in the first photo looked perfect for placement. Far back enough to drop her and not tear up much but rib meat.

How far was the shot? Whats the velocity on those 155’s?

Little man probably lost his mind!! Very happy for him.

We have age restriction of 12 here in CO for big game. Will probably look at 300 BO or 6.5 grendel for my daughters first deer. I currently have some honey holes for mulie does, though I will probably make her do a couple hard days hiking first. Like Cash did, the waiting, work, and anticipation helps build character.
Forgot, they have to be 12 or 13 here to hunt alone too. He’s able to hunt through the mentor program and there’s no minimum age for that. Just one gun only for the mentor and kid.

Yikes. Pretty clean get away.

No shit! My buddy Billy holds the current record up here with 3 killed at once with a Ford Ranger in the middle of the night on icy roads. They had to cut him outta his truck. Fucked him up pretty good. He said it was like bowling for Elk!?

This is the 1st time ever I've damaged a rig on Deer or Elk. I've scraped a few in my days, but never whacked one hard. I've had hair multiple times stuck between the body and emblem's, and once on my old truck I ended up with buck snot on my driver's side mirror from a 2pt that bent my mirror back with his snout. Literally snotted the back of my mirror! ?

Last edited:
@1J04 Yes sir. Viper Youth, 20ga, 24". Would not shoot Win 7/8 at 1200, but will shoot Fed and Rem at the same. It has about 400 rds through it now and shoots Win about 98%. No feeding issues with any other ammo. So far I'm happy with it.

fsf111bl1-rep.jpg

AJ you really need to add this after your truck comes out of the shop.
One already installed is a big selling point on a truck I'm looking at tomorrow. I've gotten a deer with damn near every vehicle I own with damage varying from none to major. Going to work on my road in the morning is shut lid on coffee mug, watch carefully and be prepared to slam on brakes.

fsf111bl1-rep.jpg

One already installed is a big selling point on a truck I'm looking at tomorrow. I've gotten a deer with damn near every vehicle I own with damage varying from none to major. Going to work on my road in the morning is shut lid on coffee mug, watch carefully and be prepared to slam on brakes.
If you only hit one deer or elk per vehicle, you’re money ahead paying the deductible and getting it fixed. Not that I don’t like the look of a big deer slayer on a nice truck

Last edited:
fsf111bl1-rep.jpg

You are not wrong Brother!? blBeen real lucky over the years. I'm afraid if I had that I'd literally search out herds just for drill.?

Spunner like a top and her and the rest of the herd continued hauling ass across the road into a buddies field. She's ok. Sore I'm sure, but ok. Glancing blow to the upper thigh.

Had a Newfoundland Dog that took out the front right quarter panel of a '64 Lincoln Continental with suicide doors. He just got up, shook it off, looked at me like "uhh, what's up Dad ?"........

Best, but dumbest fuckin' dog I ever had. Boy, do I miss him...... :cry:;):)

They're back! Have a pair of bald eagles again on the property. They love coyote and hog meat!

Last year had two adults and two juveniles. Kept enough meat on the ground for them to stay almost three months. I love hearing their chatter while I'm working around the ranch.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone photo. Took it yesterday, but was too preoccupied with butchering a deer to post.
20191203_074427.jpg