• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

First buck of the season. Did a 4 day with one of my best friends who now lives in Florida at a commercial free range place in South Georgia.

Camp was a bit of a disappointment, but I had a great time with my buddy. two deer total, this 8, and a doe. Meat in the freezer!

1574640688461.png

Drove up to the home place (143 miles round trip) and grabbed my dad for the day. He’s alone now as mother passed 3 weeks ago, and thought we’d keep him busy. He was an aviation ambassador in central Iowa for years as well as running a rather large (for the time) farming operation. Took him for a ride in the C140 of mine, toured some local cattle feedlots, and kept him well fed. A long day for him and myself. Had him back home by 1815 local. 91 years young and ornery as ever.
38AE21B0-66D1-4F4E-B3DC-0436301C2D46.jpeg
56BAA7F7-964C-4C1C-A6A1-03A217D0B085.jpeg

Saw a Bitch Biscuit in the wild.

View attachment 7190712

the River of Light show at Animal Kingdom was pretty cool.

This place is insane. Lots or cool stuff. Also leftist BS, crowds that are stupid enough to produce anxiety.
From a mechanical and logistical point of view it’s pretty awesome! I can do without the people though.

Saw a Bitch Biscuit in the wild.

View attachment 7190712

the River of Light show at Animal Kingdom was pretty cool.

This place is insane. Lots or cool stuff. Also leftist BS, crowds that are stupid enough to produce anxiety.

I was in a bar at BOS/Logan airport on Saturday afternoon. Couple of guys come in and sit down. One has a bun/biscuit and black painted fingernails. Proceeds to pull out his knitting and "knit one, pearl two" or whatever the fuck that saying is.........I just cranked down the blinders, cranked up the volume on my headphones and went back to watching SR-71 videos on YouTube on my laptop. :rolleyes:

Man! I love this post! I’m impressed. Would love to have a Deere CTL like that, and your fabrication skills on the brush cutter are first class. You build em right.
Thank you. I wish I had one too. Lol Its my works machine.

@Geno C. I agree the rides and the cool stuff are amazing.
we figure the light show on the lake last night was all electric powered snd on a computer program.
had 11 floats moving on water in different directions.
some with lighted water fountain displays.
another with that and fire.
others with cool lights.

All moving in a nice coordinated pattern in the dark on the lake.

Got to ride the Millennium Falcon ride at Hollywood/star wars today. Was pretty bad ass. Kids and the aunt who is a nun loved it!!!

I am looking to get him a 6.5 Grendel for next year. Never shot one so I’m unsure if the recoil will be to much for him, but figure that round will last him until he is ready for a “real” deer rifle.
Cash is 7. The 155s are the heaviest bullet he’s shot so far but they’re not moving super fast. A Grendel loaded with 120amax at reasonable speeds would probably work also. There’s a big recoil difference between a hot load and a mild one when you’re 60lbs ?

6.5g with 123 sst is a very mild recoil.
20 inch rifle lenght gas h2 buffer, no agb. There is room to tame it further.

That is without brake or can that my barrel seems not to like.

Imho

Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb