• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

3hundc.jpg

24 years of marriage and this is her fourth or fifth solo turkey. I'm skeered and haven't the solace of bourbon.

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving!

@Veer_G - i usually just have a small amt.This week has enlightened me that more may be ok at times.
kids (mine biological one mostly) are freakin killing me this week. Been doing some testing and learning and thinking ADHD may be rearing its head. Its unreal.
I'm struggling to deal with this new behavior as I run things pretty tight and its sending me dang near into orbit on the frustration scale.

say a prayer. Its been a lot of fun and a lot of chaos.
snow storm hitting home Saturday as we are supposed to arrive. See how that goes.

It was a great day.
Freezing rain 3.5 hours I was in the stand.
Then to the future inlaws for amazing food.

Tomorrow according to the court, my lawyer and her lawyer I should be getting my son for the rest of the weekend.
According to the ex I get him Sunday...
Well guess how good our system works......
I don't get him till Sunday. Complete BS!!!!! They wont do a damn thing.

We have our two youngest grandkids for the weekend, both parents are BF job captive. There's been eating, lots of playtime, eating, a trip to Dollar General for books and a small toy each, eating, trip to the hardware store for a new light fixture, eating, Poppa getting ready for the snow, more playtime and naps all around. We don't do Black Friday, more like Friday Family Time.

Did I mention eating?

PB290587.JPG

This one can demolish leftovers.

Trying to find max speed for the 145 bulldozers from badlands. I was only able to get 2960 from H4350 and 2990 from H4831sc. George recommends N565 so I’ll have to get some ordered and see if I can get 3050 or better. If not, then I’m thinking this bullet won’t work in the combo
3E861035-16B8-44CC-A6EC-7D188F913FEE.jpeg
8B0708A0-196A-44DA-B32C-9A91596384D7.jpeg

Trying to find max speed for the 145 bulldozers from badlands. I was only able to get 2960 from H4350 and 2990 from H4831sc. George recommends N565 so I’ll have to get some ordered and see if I can get 3050 or better. If not, then I’m thinking this bullet won’t work in the comboView attachment 7192979View attachment 7192980

In the past, I've gotten some very impressive speed from VV 550 in a 22-250. Something like 3900+ with a 53 gr. flatbase. I'd have to find the box of ammo with the chrono tape to verify speed and data. Quit using it because VV got real hard to find and pretty spendy. Also ran 540 in a long ago gone 22 BR, speed was very fast.

Might be what you need, worth a try for sure.

Last edited:
In the past, I've gotten some very impressive speed from VV 550 in a 22-250. Something like 3900+ with a 53 gr. flatbase. I'd have to find the box of ammo with the chrono tape to verify speed and data. Quit using it because VV got real hard to find and pretty spendy. Also ran 540 in a long ago gone 22 BR, speed was very fast.

Might be what you need, worth a try for sure.
I tend to avoid vv powders for the same reasons

Reactions: jungle45
Trying to find max speed for the 145 bulldozers from badlands. I was only able to get 2960 from H4350 and 2990 from H4831sc. George recommends N565 so I’ll have to get some ordered and see if I can get 3050 or better. If not, then I’m thinking this bullet won’t work in the combo
Trying to find max speed for the 145 bulldozers from badlands. I was only able to get 2960 from H4350 and 2990 from H4831sc. George recommends N565 so I’ll have to get some ordered and see if I can get 3050 or better. If not, then I’m thinking this bullet won’t work in the comboView attachment 7192979View attachment 7192980
I see on the head stamp that it says 284, but wondering if that is necked down to 6.5? If it is 6.5, the other powder you may try is R-17. Some of the guys that shoot 6.5-284 for f-class matches have great results with that powder. Loads needed to be reduced a bit during July and August matches in Wisconsin and Minnesota, but could be used the rest of the year with BR-2 primers.

Reactions: TACC
I see on the head stamp that it says 284, but wondering if that is necked down to 6.5? If it is 6.5, the other powder you may try is R-17. Some of the guys that shoot 6.5-284 for f-class matches have great results with that powder. Loads needed to be reduced a bit during July and August matches in Wisconsin and Minnesota, but could be used the rest of the year with BR-2 primers.
Actually running 284 Shehane. Thanks though. If I were running a 6.5 I’d just run lapua brass

Ok, so here's the rundown. Had some 150 gr SP laying around and decided to use them to get the new 7MM with it's new glass and Stock, and Trigger on paper.

20191129_170221.jpg

Was cold as hell heading to my buddies to give him his gun with his new scope I just put on it.

20191129_113948.jpg

So I stuck a 1 inch dot to a telephone pole at 25 yds to bore sight our guns.

20191129_143325.jpg

20191129_131717.jpg

Set up a 25 yd target and took one shot outta each gun, dialed correction, then I shot mine at 100. High and tad right. Dialed and center punched the damn thing. Good enough for just wanting to get on paper with this thing and some OLD soft points from god only knows how long ago. ?

20191129_142651.jpg

So my buddy, whose a lefty, sez "bench is already set up for you, go ahead". So I do the same thing with his 300WM and some 210 Bergers I made for him. Took a shot at 100 again after 25 and whammy, just low. Second one cut orange so he's happy till he stretches it out.

Went home and loaded up some 180 Bergers for the 7MM using the Jagemann Brass a gentleman on here that does QC for them tossed me to try out.

Starting out at the bottom and jumping the hell outta them with H1000.

20191130_125251.jpg
20191130_154515.jpg

I'll load up 3 more sets of 5 when I get home, in .3 increments. I jumped .5 at the beginning cuz I'm hoping something around 64 gr is gonna be my huckleberry. ?

Then we'll get the Magnetospeed attached and see what kind velocity we're looking at. I'd love to find a node around 2800-2850! Fingers crossed.

That is a fine looking rifle you got there mr. 1j. Post those 7mm loads please.

Will do Brother. I'll knock out the others like I said tonight, and I'll probably go ahead and knock out some of the 151gr Flat Lines and see what they end up doing. I've got a few of these powders for them running around.

https://www.warner-tool.com/wp-cont...mMag_151g_26datasheet.pdf?2623937583700340597

I've got H1000, RL22, IMR 4831, and Ramshot Magnum. I'll use some Winchester Brass (Blue Bag) or maybe (Red/Black Bag), I dunno. I will say I found the Jagemann Brass holding the 180's is tight when seating. Tighter than I'm use to feeling with my Forster Micrometer Seater. I'm gonna measure some loaded and unloaded necks and see where we're at. Ain't done that yet........

oh its just your common or garden rpr in 308. it's a gen1 20" which combined with the 4deg c /40f resulted in a fairly paltry 2550fps for a 178eld
strelok says it was transonic before it got to the target at 1000yards. my groups weren't great tbh. my friends winmag had no such issues!

the bolt handle is DIY made from aluminium with straight flutes. I made a helical fluted one but I prefer the straight one to be honest.

oh its just your common or garden rpr in 308. it's a gen1 20" which combined with the 4deg c /40f resulted in a fairly paltry 2550fps for a 178eld
strelok says it was transonic before it got to the target at 1000yards. my groups weren't great tbh. my friends winmag had no such issues!

the bolt handle is DIY made from aluminium with straight flutes. I made a helical fluted one but I prefer the straight one to be honest.

Thanks for the info to put it all together. And ya, those eld's look like something that would start with a (4) for gawd's sake. Kinda figured it was just the angle and pic.

Reactions: Barneybdb
I was at a small circuit event in Cherokee, NC. I haven't met anyone from Cheyenne here.
We have 3 or 4 circuit events every year.

My dream is to play WSOP Vegas H.O.R.S.E event.
Oh I thought you were in Vegas. He makes it to the World Series ever year. I think he made it to 9th place once. Over $300k I think.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn