• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

It's amazing to me that a few years ago we had to bail them out. Now the average american couldn't afford a new vehicle. Just like last time the cars are getting bigger and bigger. It makes you wonder how long it will be before history repeats itself.

Reactions: wh20crazy
School work. All dang weekend.

kiddo missed 3 days last week sick. Make-up work is kicking our butts!
Figuring out how to make math fun is easy. Its all about subtracting farts........
Reading/spelling/grammar is a little harder.
so we make contests.
right now I owe her a medium rare bacon-wrapped filet and $4......

went to see Santa yeaterday morning. 7 year old asked for an iphone and her own youtube channel........
Her list was huge!! And all the kids together.

View attachment 7202948View attachment 7202949O
Is lowlight hiding behind the flower on the floor?

Obviously, someone needs to show you where the zoom is on your camera.
default_laugh.png
Bwaahaha. I asked the wife what she thought of that girls ass. My daughter started laughing and said "you got caught!!".
I laughed and said that they were checking out the girls and the guys at least I wasn't checking any packages.

I spec’d out a new f350 drw platinum diesel to upgrade mine. ? almost as much as my house

You ain't kidding, just got a 2013 F350 XLT Premium DRW CC <85000 miles and was hitting $38000. That's more than I paid for all of the vehicles I've ever owned combined.

Reactions: TACC and Geno C.
The house we bought was built in 72 and has fluorescent light fixtures pretty much throughout. As the ballasts go bad, instead of replacing ballasts I just put led fixtures up. I don’t regret a single one so far. The best light replacements I did were on the outside shop lights, they were high pressure sodium but were finicky so they had to go.

Had the district manager come into one of our offices and complain the work room floor was too dark. Replaced the 67 400w high bay HPS lights with 67 24000 lumen led highbays. Now the workers are bitching it's too bright. Before we started the walls looked like they were the color of a brown paper bag, they look off white now.

It was more than I wanted to spend but with a Ranchhand front bumper already installed, an interior that looked about new and that low mileage I didn't think I could beet the price.

Reactions: TACC and Geno C.
Just tell them since it's a confined space entry, you'll be the attendant.
It's a sacrifice on your part not going in, but as the attendant, you should be highly qualified in all aspects of confined space entry.

Someone has to be there watching. Why not you...

Oh I'll be there, along with at least two more standing round the hole.

We don't fart, around here without proper safety protocol....as it should be in a hazardous industry like this.

Seriously now, do you guys use the heat from the incinerators to turn steam turbines?

Seriously now, do you guys use the heat from the incinerators to turn steam turbines?

You! Hush yo mouf!
Hell no. I don't even like to think about when we did. Yes we DID. Talk about dangerous. I'd rather had a caged brown bear, that I had to feed every morning, than go down there and open the main steam valve and put that friggin turbine in slow roll. The real sphincter moment was kicking that bitch into high gear and then Cascade. All of the equipment maintained "lovingly" by low paid municipal maintenance.

Ash from our process is highly acidic....and the equipment was "lovingly" cared for by low paid municipal maintenance.....on a "budget".
It was inevitable then, that at some point, a steam tube in the heat exchanger would eventually blow out....and it did in spectacular fashion.

An operator had just walked back in the control room from "blowing down" the tubes, when a tube blew. In 30 seconds it dumped 4 tons of steam on the first floor, quickly filling the building. He had been standing on the first floor under the HE just 90 seconds prior.
A thousand wonders no one was cooked alive.

I was in the control tower across the plant and saw the steam pouring out of the building. Everyone was shitting their pants, I was screaming "we have to account for 2 men pronto!" Before I could even leave the tower I saw both operators running up the road out of the cloud. I told my idiot boss, "That's what a miracle looks like."

No....we don't make steam power no more. This job is dangerous enough without it.
We do make power with our hydro plant on the river.

Had the district manager come into one of our offices and complain the work room floor was too dark. Replaced the 67 400w high bay HPS lights with 67 24000 lumen led highbays. Now the workers are bitching it's too bright. Before we started the walls looked like they were the color of a brown paper bag, they look off white now.
Picked up two 3200 lumen panels for the garage. I hope 6400 is enough to light it up.

Reactions: TACC
You! Hush yo mouf!
Hell no. I don't even like to think about when we did. Yes we DID. Talk about dangerous. I'd rather had a caged brown bear, that I had to feed every morning, than go down there and open the main steam valve and put that friggin turbine in slow roll. The real sphincter moment was kicking that bitch into high gear and then Cascade. All of the equipment maintained "lovingly" by low paid municipal maintenance.

Ash from our process is highly acidic....and the equipment was "lovingly" cared for by low paid municipal maintenance.....on a "budget".
It was inevitable then, that at some point, a steam tube in the heat exchanger would eventually blow out....and it did in spectacular fashion.

An operator had just walked back in the control room from "blowing down" the tubes, when a tube blew. In 30 seconds it dumped 4 tons of steam on the first floor, quickly filling the building. He had been standing on the first floor under the HE just 90 seconds prior.

I was in the control tower across the plant and saw the steam pouring out of the building. Everyone was shitting their pants, I was screaming "we have to account for 2 men pronto!" Before I could even leave the tower I saw both operators running up the road out of the cloud. I told my idiot boss, "That's what a miracle looks like."

No....we don't make steam power no more. This job is dangerous enough without it.
Holy shit! Steam pressure can be nasty. I'm glad there were no fatalities!

You! Hush yo mouf!

What pressure were you running? I have operated, and maintained "high pressure" boilers for about 40 years, but my high pressure is only 180 psi............

Reactions: Barneybdb
What pressure were you running? I have operated, and maintained "high pressure" boilers for about 40 years, but my high pressure is only 180 psi............

Didn't open the main steam valve and slow roll(warm up) the turbine until HE reached 700-750deg.
It's real hazy cause...hell that's been 20 years. I'm pretty sure it was over 600 psi and 1000+ degree steam.
Best I remember....300-400kw power production.

Was that enough power to run your plant?

Oh heck no. We were just shaving the peak. Takes 2-3 Megs to run all our equipment.
We used to have a couple Waukesha methane generators that we ran on digester gas. Steam turbine, and the 3 hydro units.
We made some attempts to retrofit it all for emergency power but it was a cluster, incredibly complicated and expensive. Maintenance ate us alive on all that equipment.
The only thing we have left is the hydro.
Our emergency power now, is 3 diesel generators, 2- .5 Meg and a Meg unit.

Reactions: Barneybdb
View attachment 7205010
View attachment 7205011

Been a few days since both a posted pic, or what's in the pic.... the enjoyment of small things....
Bought a pack just the other day because I haven't had any bacon in at least a year and figured I deserve it! Any place around here where you can still get uncut slab bacon? Just finished restoring an old Hobart slicer and that might be a good use for it.

Reactions: TACC
Bought a pack just the other day because I haven't had any bacon in at least a year and figured I deserve it! Any place around here where you can still get uncut slab bacon? Just finished restoring an old Hobart slicer and that might be a good use for it.

Not personally aware of any places but have SIL cuts meat for local grocery store, will ask her.

Reactions: TACC and Waorani
Nah, I get all fucked up on date night usually. Wednesday’s. After all these years she managed to finally surprise me. Got me a tsavorite, godfather type, ring for our anniversary. The anniversary is on the 1st of January. Surprising her when we get home; I got her gift today too ?

Are u familiar with Carmacks Grocery, west of notasulga?
If so, SIL said ask them if they could order you a pork belly.
Will keep looking, but, Carmacks was my first thought. Thought SIL who cuts for a living, might have better choice.
20 years ago, almost any country store would order it for you.