• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s What's Your View II

MVIMG_20200313_210404.jpg

My dog on guard for his humans.
A bourbon for me and a Bailey's and coffee for the woman.
Merica!!!

@barneybdb

Thats funny Barney.
I have been a bum and grown my beard longer than usual. Usually keep it tidy due to work and surgical masks and such.
Now I have to do crap to it to keep it tidy that takes almost as long as shaving, and a pain in my butt.

Was going to shave it down and noticed how many people gave me some room to move when running a few errands last night.
Perhaps a bushy beard paired with an old ball hat and Carhartts makes people think I am not really in a mood to be messed with.

I never wear “gun stuff” just old carhartts, old button up shirt, work hat, and a carhartt vest.

Post a pic of your clean mug!!

Mother Nature decided winter wasn’t over yet. Snow out today.
View attachment 7272864

Yepper. Bit of snow and rain up in the hills behind the house yesterday. Found a spot on the Upper Naselle River where we can get to right at 1230, but will continue to scout around. The one pic has 3 lone Cow Elk we came across. Kinda weird, but there they were all by themselves. River is holding Steelhead. Shoulda grabbed a Rod.

The size of those old growth stumps still amaze me. You can see spring board notches is them. It must have really been something to see them all standing.

The PNW at its finest! Enjoy the pics.

20200313_142448.jpg
20200313_144406.jpg
20200313_152711.jpg
20200313_152121.jpg
20200313_153458.jpg
20200313_153530.jpg

Yepper. Bit of snow and rain up in the hills behind the house yesterday. Found a spot on the Upper Naselle River where we can get to right at 1230, but will continue to scout around. The one pic has 3 lone Cow Elk we came across. Kinda weird, but there they were all by themselves. River is holding Steelhead. Shoulda grabbed a Rod.

The size of those old growth stumps still amaze me. You can see spring board notches is them. It must have really been something to see them all standing.

The PNW at its finest! Enjoy the pics.

View attachment 7273018View attachment 7273020View attachment 7273021View attachment 7273022View attachment 7273023View attachment 7273024

Did you mean 1230 or 1320? Beautiful spot you are working with there. Tlingit here. Collecting the oil check. Still not worth it. Family is #1. We are who we are. All mutts at this point

E

While we are worried about how to pronounce shit Tlingit = Kling-kut.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TACC and 1J04
Holler if you ever end up in Auburn/Opelika. There's often a small fair/rides at old outlet mall in Opelika. Friend has a decent gun shop there but oriented to the AR/good old boy crowd.
It’s usually straight through on 65 and 231 when we come through but I’ll keep that in mind?

Did you mean 1230 or 1320? Beautiful spot you are working with there. Tlingit here. Collecting the oil check. Still not worth it. Family is #1. We are who we are. All mutts at this point

E

While we are worried about how to pronounce shit Tlingit = Kling-kut.

Off the Main Line ranging across to a Spur off this Main Line we got 1,226-1,228 with our Zeiss RF's. I put this Scope on my Buddies 300WM recently and we've only taken a couple shots at 550 a couple weeks ago or so. He wanted to get a few shots off at around 1K, so we pulled off onto the Spur where we could see pretty good and ranged 900 to a spot on the clay bank so we could see splash.

We could go a helluva lot farther than 1,230ish, but the way this ground is broken, and with all the gates, you can't get to many other Ridges/Hills to place a target. This spot will fill the niche for a bit since it's gonna be a while before the reprod grows up enough to cock block us. (y) :D

900.jpg
900a.jpg

Off the Main Line ranging across to a Spur off this Main Line we got 1,226-1,228 with our Zeiss RF's. I put this Scope on my Buddies 300WM recently and we've only taken a couple shots at 550 a couple weeks ago or so. He wanted to get a few shots off at around 1K, so we pulled off onto the Spur where we could see pretty good and ranged 900 to a spot on the clay bank so we could see splash.

We could go a helluva lot farther than 1,230ish, but the way this ground is broken, and with all the gates, you can't get to many other Ridges/Hills to place a target. This spot will fill the niche for a bit since it's gonna be a while before the reprod grows up enough to cock block us. (y) :D

View attachment 7273594View attachment 7273595
Dandy shooting location, I’m going to have to make a trip down one day. Got to order some more 215 Berger’s for the 300 win.

A 220gr bullet vs a squirrel I would like to see.

Head shots please, so we can still eat em!!!

Was walking around this AM, checking to see if any hooligans were about (live around mostly old ladies and older couples, figure punks would try to mess with the easy pickings first) and reminding my neighbor ladies to let me know if they need anything or see weird stuff.

Saw 6 rabbits within a few feet of one another. All pan size. Then saw some little ones too.
Gotta make sure they keep breeding.......