• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

End of the road.

end.JPG
end.JPG

You have the quick detach bucket. I would buy the mounts from ebay(or wherever) for 60 bucks and make you a frame so you dont have to weld anything to your bucket. You can buy frames already setup for like 250 bucks too.
Yes , I have already decided to not weld a spine to my bucket. I have fabbed up one side bracket already to see how it fits. Used some heavy wall round stock cut in half with some angle iron in front as a guard. The current plan is to build a rack that sits on the existing hangers for the bucket BUT I haven’t sold myself on buying anything other than some raw material just yet. I got the tines for free so the goal is to build the rack just to say I did

Reactions: Barneybdb
Yes , I have already decided to not weld a spine to my bucket. I have fabbed up one side bracket already to see how it fits. Used some heavy wall round stock cut in half with some angle iron in front as a guard. The current plan is to build a rack that sits on the existing hangers for the bucket BUT I haven’t sold myself on buying anything other than some raw material just yet. I got the tines for free so the goal is to build the rack just to say I did

I dont blame you for wanting to build if you have the ability and material.

Ive been looking at getting a JD1025R when(God willing) we close on our new place this summer and forks is something I am probably getting right off the bat before anything else, but I will be ordering a whole setup since I dont have the ability to make anything.

Ive been looking at getting a JD1025R when(God willing) we close on our new place this summer and forks is something I am probably getting right off the bat before anything else, but I will be ordering a whole setup since I dont have the ability to make anything.
I love our 1025R. It has saved me hours of work and pain. I was skeptical how well it would work when we got it, but i couldn’t pass up the chance to get a yard/lawn tractor.

I love our 1025R. It has saved me hours of work and pain. I was skeptical how well it would work when we got it, but i couldn’t pass up the chance to get a yard/lawn tractor.

im looking at the artillian forks. They are lighter weight and designed for the 1025R in mind.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Those are pretty lightweight

yup. Thats why I want them. With the 1025r rated to lift what, 750lbs... minus the weight of your attachment. So the lighter your attachment weight the more weight you can pickup. The setup with the 36" forks weighs 185lbs, so you can still pick up 565lbs. The other thing with their fork setup is you can flip the forks over on the frame. So you can lift from the ground to say 1 pallet rack high, then flip the forks and lift to a second pallet rack height.

In addition to forks, a grapple is a nice addition too if you can swing it.

Helping out dad today. He bought a half dozen replacement heifers (bred) over on the river in Bellevue IA. Miss Lori and I set out this morning for the drive to his place, hooked up the stock trailer, and set out. A gasser will pass anything but a pump ?. And for you guys with herd knowledge, he bought replacement heifers....he’s 91 years old ??
0DD108AF-96B4-4C52-9999-567F1B166098.jpeg
4E841676-773D-4AD8-9905-0395984B79FF.jpeg

And finally, this is what happens when you grumble about being chilly. You can step right into the steam sauna and warm up. I advised her to either not smile (keep your mouth closed) or put in a monster dip of wintergreen Skoal to kill the cowshit taste in your mouth.
9B1C8D12-2279-421B-A6AD-44EDBF0E6777.jpeg

A set of grapples would be far more handy in my opinion. A set is on my short list, but this detour landed in my lap so I said screw it why not. I have been contemplating some teeth on my bucket as well but for now I just drop the root rake deep on the box blade to help out if needed.

We were contemplating coming back to visit you guys again during your next summer but looks like that will not be till next year now. Pam has realized that there is an Australian capital city she has never seen (the only one), happens to be the only one to the West of us. 3800 mile round trip plus probably another 2 - 3000 miles to show her some of my favorite parts of our largest state. Might even manage to get back to some of my long range shooting areas.

A set of grapples would be far more handy in my opinion. A set is on my short list, but this detour landed in my lap so I said screw it why not. I have been contemplating some teeth on my bucket as well but for now I just drop the root rake deep on the box blade to help out if needed.

I dont have any immediate use for a grapple, BUT I am planning on getting the John Deere 3rd function SCV kit installed. I will use it to power the mower deck hydraulics(they have a hydro line setup for this) and I have a guy that is going to make me a set of lines to run to the rear of the tractor(John Deere doesnt offer this) so I can control a hydro top link on the 3 point. All from a joystick 3rd function control.

Pupu Springs near Takaka in the South island of New Zealand. These springs are some of the clearest and deepest known. Produce 3500 gallons of water per second. Beautiful area, but I'm ready to get back to the US...

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 99
Helping out dad today. He bought a half dozen replacement heifers (bred) over on the river in Bellevue IA. Miss Lori and I set out this morning for the drive to his place, hooked up the stock trailer, and set out. A gasser will pass anything but a pump ?. And for you guys with herd knowledge, he bought replacement heifers....he’s 91 years old ??
View attachment 7274929View attachment 7274930

The look on that sumbitch.

Why am I in this basket and where are we headed?

E

Pupu Springs near Takaka in the South island of New Zealand. These springs are some of the clearest and deepest known. Produce 3500 gallons of water per second. Beautiful area, but I'm ready to get back to the US...

No matter how pretty a spot may be, home is the anchor. That is a pretty spot. Where in the US?

E

This. Patch style. It isn't tacticool. It's hillbilly shit. Fabric is limited. Will tag one end for you. These are not for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_110322015.jpg
    IMG_20200317_110322015.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Barneybdb
@oneshot86

That nickel 870 brings back a flood of memories from a couple decades ago.

Used one in AK for a bear gun when I was young. A powerful pistol is good to have as its easy to keep on your person at all times.

An 870 with 3” Brenneke slugs is mo betta IMAO.

My folks arrived last evening to help with my kiddo since school is out for a longish period.
Dad decided he doesnt want his 870 HD gun any longer and brought it to me. ? Not sure I need 2, and it does make me grin!

Been working on changing our view at home over the last few months by renovating / updating our house. We built this place about 22 years ago just before I left the military, first home we had owned in now 42 years of marriage. A few weeks ago I was doing some work outside near the spa and instead of getting a short ladder I decided to use an impact wrench above head height. Initial twinge was followed by fairly intense pain, multiple visits to doctor, chiropractor and ultrasound / cortisone injections with no improvement but Bourbon consumption went up significantly. Doctor finally said if we need to find the problem you will need an MRI but you will have to pay for it. I snapped then as I had already wasted more than that cost on trying alternatives and had never implied to him that I could not afford the correct treatment. Had multiple days off work due to pain. Fast forward to today, saw a surgeon and within 5 minutes was booked in for a shoulder reconstruction next week.
Of course it is my right shoulder and I am right handed so I am going to have to learn to drink Bourbon / use laptop left handed for the next couple of weeks. Getting older is not as much fun as I thought it was going to be...

Been working on changing our view at home over the last few months by renovating / updating our house. We built this place about 22 years ago just before I left the military, first home we had owned in now 42 years of marriage. A few weeks ago I was doing some work outside near the spa and instead of getting a short ladder I decided to use an impact wrench above head height. Initial twinge was followed by fairly intense pain, multiple visits to doctor, chiropractor and ultrasound / cortisone injections with no improvement but Bourbon consumption went up significantly. Doctor finally said if we need to find the problem you will need an MRI but you will have to pay for it. I snapped then as I had already wasted more than that cost on trying alternatives and had never implied to him that I could not afford the correct treatment. Had multiple days off work due to pain. Fast forward to today, saw a surgeon and within 5 minutes was booked in for a shoulder reconstruction next week.
Of course it is my right shoulder and I am right handed so I am going to have to learn to drink Bourbon / use laptop left handed for the next couple of weeks. Getting older is not as much fun as I thought it was going to be...
Shoulder surgery sucks! Get ready for the fun times. I had an open bankhart repair and capsular shift on my right shoulder 16 years ago after I had a fight with a c130 at 1000ft agl.

@tnichols That's a nice trailer. Is that diamond plate enough to keep them from slipping?
Thanks, it’s my dad’s. No, the diamond plate is not enough. Prior to those pictures, no one took a picture of yours truly scooping out the wood shavings. Once the trailer dries out, we’ll put down 8-10” of new shavings and that really helps.

Kcuf the shoulder surgery. You have been married for 42 years?!?

The two of you are very good people or very forgiving...both.?

E