• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Jeez Mike. Did you not see the big diamondback under that palmetto on the left, next to the pine?
There's actually two!

Aug 3-5 006.jpg

And those are still alive. Why?
Camp Shelby, MS - without a doubt the highest density of eastern diamondbacks I've ever seen. Used to do a lot of environmental survey work for MSARNG from the late '80s through '05 so we left them alone. We were standing just a few feet from those two when someone noticed them. Never moved/made a sound until we started messing with them. Over the years and tens of thousands of man hours we encountered hundreds, including stepping on a few, and never had anyone bit.

rattler.jpg

Camp Shelby, MS - without a doubt the highest density of eastern diamondbacks I've ever seen. Used to do a lot of environmental survey work for MSARNG from the late '80s through '05 so we left them alone. We were standing just a few feet from those two when someone noticed them. Never moved/made a sound until we started messing with them. Over the years and tens of thousands of man hours we encountered hundreds, including stepping on a few, and never had anyone bit.

View attachment 7273933
That.
Sucks.
Too many liberals, but no (poisonous) snakes in Western Washington.

I knew about sneks, but now yer gonna tell me they gotta waste ammo on badgers ?

FFS, those poor bastards......

Where's Tucker ? G/D/A.

Last time I was scouting over there with a friend and my 2 Boys we came across a Badger that ran into a culvert. My buddy left the door open and started screwing around sticking his foot into the end of the culvert. Told him GET THE FUCK IN YOU IDIOT. He sed "not till it latches on then I'm gonna kick it into the Truck and slam the door shut. ? Kids were at the Motel in Dayton. Played around Dayton / Prescott area. Blue Mountains nearby.

Last time I was scouting over there with a friend and my 2 Boys we came across a Badger that ran into a culvert. My buddy left the door open and started screwing around sticking his foot into the end of the culvert. Told him GET THE FUCK IN YOU IDIOT. He sed "not till it latches on then I'm gonna kick it into the Truck and slam the door shut. ? Kids were at the Motel in Dayton. Played around Dayton / Prescott area. Blue Mountains nearby.
The fucking thing running into a culvert was a mulligan. What the hell were they thinking ? Were they "well armed" ?

Off the Main Line ranging across to a Spur off this Main Line we got 1,226-1,228 with our Zeiss RF's. I put this Scope on my Buddies 300WM recently and we've only taken a couple shots at 550 a couple weeks ago or so. He wanted to get a few shots off at around 1K, so we pulled off onto the Spur where we could see pretty good and ranged 900 to a spot on the clay bank so we could see splash.

We could go a helluva lot farther than 1,230ish, but the way this ground is broken, and with all the gates, you can't get to many other Ridges/Hills to place a target. This spot will fill the niche for a bit since it's gonna be a while before the reprod grows up enough to cock block us. (y) :D

View attachment 7273594View attachment 7273595

Lawlz. I love the purple chair. Ill go with Atlas. Carry on.

E

Attachments

• IMG_20200314_150526467.jpg
    IMG_20200314_150526467.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Haha
Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
@1J04
Surprised I have the energy to read or post! ?

I had some friends from IA that moved to Dayton WA when I was young. About 15 yrs old went and visited them for a week.

He was recruited to be a soil and and conservation guy. Grew up farming in IA and did that there was well as worked for the ag dept.

Loved that place. Very pretty. Enjoyed the Blue Mountains, Hells Canyon, and a cool little town of Joseph Idaho.

@1J04

I had some friends from IA that moved to Dayton WA when I was young. About 15 yrs old went and visited them for a week.

He was recruited to be a soil and and conservation guy. Grew up farming in IA and did that there was well as worked for the ag dept.

Loved that place. Very pretty. Enjoyed the Blue Mountains, Hells Canyon, and a cool little town of Joseph Idaho.
Did you mean Joseph, Oregon? If so did you go to Wallowa lake?
wallowalake.jpg

Maybe?
It was 25 yrs ago, clouds moving in fast and raining a little.

Remember the lake at the end of town. Sailboats

On my list to go back to that area, remember it as very beautiful.
It sounds like Joseph, Oregon. The lake is at the end of town. Clear cold water and beautiful scenery; I've been going there for 40 years.

View attachment 7273933
I've been told they're a lot more aggressive than timbers. True?

@1J04

I remember a red covered bridge over the Grays river from that same trip as well. Grays Ferry?
Cant be far from you at all.

On the south side, to the left, was a marion berry bush the size if a city bus with a giant afro.

Someone said we could get a bunch, so we did. Size of the end of my thumb and so darn good. Ate them with every meal for 3 days.

To this day, can remember those berries and how delicious they are. And still snag marion berry jam from the area if I get a chance.

Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
But for today’s view. Layout the tines and see what kind of mounting system will work best. And help with whatever while the roofers put a new roof on the shop finally View attachment 7274293View attachment 7274294

You have the quick detach bucket. I would buy the mounts from ebay(or wherever) for 60 bucks and make you a frame so you dont have to weld anything to your bucket. You can buy frames already setup for like 250 bucks too.

@1J04

You nasty Boy. You're gonna get a cramp in your nutsack if you're not careful. :love:

Ya, that area is pretty cool. A shooters dream over there. But holly shit do their Wheat Field Roads and Logging Roads get dusty. It's like talcum powder for krist sake. Too hot n dry for me, but they got good bird hunting and Whitetails n Muley's, so I could probably get by. ;)

@1J04

I remember a red covered bridge over the Grays river from that same trip as well. Grays Ferry?
Cant be far from you at all.

On the south side, to the left, was a marion berry bush the size if a city bus with a giant afro.

Someone said we could get a bunch, so we did. Size of the end of my thumb and so darn good. Ate them with every meal for 3 days.

To this day, can remember those berries and how delicious they are. And still snag marion berry jam from the area if I get a chance.

Well, at my old place I lived just off the Grays River. The Covered Bridge, only one in Western WA still in use, was just down the road from us.

1584378514071.png

1584378545041.png

I don't know of a red Covered Bridge, so maybe it was in a different area than Rosburg/Grays River?

Took Rebecca and the pooch on a ride/walk in the woods.
The Alafia river which is clean and clear due to lack of rain.

20200316_121054.jpg

Pooch took advantage and went for a swim.

20200316_121130.jpg

Spring has sprung. Shouldn't be much longer til the pollen stops falling.
It's awful right now. Every vehicle looks green.

Need help guys, anyone know of some snake oil hair restorer that actually works??? Scared the crap out of myself looking in the mirror the last couple of days.....

View attachment 7274267

Wholly Shit @barneybdb ! I swear to gawd if you sat down at the Bar next to me at Hunters I'd never have recognized you. Until you ordered. :ROFLMAO: Now stop with the sad face Mate !