• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

20200418_203006.jpg

Nuff said.

@gunjunkie45

give her our best. To you as well. i would bet being stuck in a hospital bed for that many weeks is about to drive her batty......

@jrassy - not sure where you are. A local FD may be looking to upgrade their SCBA cascade filling system. We had a Bauer when that was part of my life.
Not sure where you are?

Harder to take to a 3rd world as they need some decent maintenance.
Cool stuff.

@gunjunkie45

give her our best. To you as well. i would bet being stuck in a hospital bed for that many weeks is about to drive her batty......

@jrassy - not sure where you are. A local FD may be looking to upgrade their SCBA cascade filling system. We had a Bauer when that was part of my life.
Not sure where you are?

Harder to take to a 3rd world as they need some decent maintenance.
Cool stuff.
She's showing some cracks from time to time but she's strong. The bonus of being married to a shrink is she always catches herself being emotional and dials it right back in. (Not to say there's anything wrong with being overwhelmed sometimes).. She doesn't let it keep her down for long. We're both very pragmatic and rational people. We'll get through it. We both appreciate all the well wishes.

Well, had to drop off some supplies a few places this afternoon. Couple friends with their own businesses who are hurting right now needed some protein (I have a freezer with venison and got them some chicken) and a special little lady who happens to have a crap immune system.

She was working on some garbanzo beans for some hummus. I asked if I could take a pic. She said, “sure, and let me be sure to be barefoot like I should” and kicked off her flip flops......
FYI- crappy cell pic does no justice to the amount of curvature.....
and she had just brought me the beer!

92903866-5FA8-44E2-9536-307E70189DA3.jpeg

Calves don’t get named around dad’s place, but twins always did. I moved Sonny and Cold out of the barn today to the outdoor Hilton separate from the herd as twins usually need a bit more looking after. Miss Lori and Grace named them based on the condition and weather they were born in. Cold is also aptly named as a heifer twin with a bull brother as most likely she will never come in heat (infertility). It’s a weird bovine genetic thing. Fun to watch them see the big, scary world for the first time. Wish I had that much energy.
2591364F-E92F-499F-BF8C-41044ED13392.jpeg

New stands to staple paper.View attachment 7303315
These are for use at the local range. Steel goes up after things dry out a bit more at my personal spots.
Not knocking plywood but you might want to try a piece of 2" thick blue insulating board. The bullet kind of melts its way through. Hundreds of shots without changing it. And no more staples, just push pins.

Reactions: jrassy and 1J04
Not knocking plywood but you might want to try a piece of 2" thick blue insulating board. The bullet kind of melts its way through. Hundreds of shots without changing it. And no more staples, just push pins.

I use corrugated plastic sheets in PVC pipe frames. Staples, tape, and push pins all work well to hold the targets. Waterproof, lightweight, and no splinters.

Reactions: TACC and 1J04

That's not a bad idea. In this case, I used what was laying in the scrap pile, zero cost. The 1/4" underlayment does get shot out, next time Dow board is needed for a job I'll sandbag some. Thanks.

At app 21:49 hrs April 20, 2010 the Macondo well blew out and the resulting explosions killed 11 of my friends/coworkers. The Deepwater Horizon was destroyed and later sunk as a result. Most folks only think about the oil spill due to the narrative of the mockingbird media. I think a little differently.
dwh1.jpg

dwh2.jpg

DWH at Drlg Draft.jpg

Deepwater Horizon.Buring and Going down. 016.jpg

So far not as bad as expected. Will need to be cleaned and check the block for cracks but so far, it should be salvageable. Just need to measure for correct bearing size and figure out what size pistons I want to change to or stay stock sized for now
9DF1D74E-40B9-453C-B8D0-44D9219265C1.jpeg
E7EA8157-2C29-46E7-82A8-70686E8454D7.jpeg
88C8D24D-1082-47F9-A404-82BFDC3D4391.jpeg

At app 21:49 hrs April 20, 2010 the Macondo well blew out and the resulting explosions killed 11 of my friends/coworkers. The Deepwater Horizon was destroyed and later sunk as a result. Most folks only think about the oil spill due to the narrative of the mockingbird media. I think a little differently.View attachment 7304347

View attachment 7304348

View attachment 7304360

View attachment 7304349
That NEVER should have happened.
Over the course of my 35 year career I have told corporate to go fuck themselves when it came to my men and our judgment.

Those assholes sitting at a desk never worry about the long game

Man great news all are doing ok! Mine is almost 8 weeks old now. I’ll echo others and say get some rest now and cherish every single second, even when they’re screaming their head off lol! You and your family will be in my prayers!

Man great news all are doing ok! Mine is almost 8 weeks old now. I’ll echo others and say get some rest now and cherish every single second, even when they’re screaming their head off lol! You and your family will be in my prayers!

8 weeks old. Wow, how I remember those days. And so glad I don't have to repeat them.

My baby girl, child # 6, is 29. Happened in the blink of a eye. Enjoy those little ones, they are growed up and gone in a heartbeat.

A story. In 1954 work on Garrison Dam was completed and the Missouri River started to make a lake. Amongst many things flooded were large tracts of Diamond Willow. Over the years the flooded trees would lose their grasp and float to the surface, there to blown to shore in large raft like clumps. Folks would pick it out of the water and make crafts or burn the sticks.

My Grandpa Horton obtained a few sticks and one winter took his Barlow to this one, cleaned it up, stained and oiled it. I remember him showing me the small blade of the knife, it was mostly gone.

When Horton passed, his two children and other family members gathered to go through and distribute items, myself included. I claimed three itens; a rocking chair, his Winchester 67 and this walking stick. In retrospect, I may not have claimed the stick but found it some time later in the back of a closet and it kind of followed me home.

20200421_172710.jpg

A closer look.
20200421_172735.jpg

The Child Bride is having issues with the right leg, so the stick is going back in service. A tiny slice of my history.

That NEVER should have happened.
Over the course of my 35 year career I have told corporate to go fuck themselves when it came to my men and our judgment.

Those assholes sitting at a desk never worry about the long game
Yeah I've devised my own conspiracy theories about this but I'm not at liberty to discuss any of them. ;) I had way too much time to sit around and contemplate in the months following.

Reactions: Ravenworks