• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

@Geno C. rocked it today fellas in KS. I’ll let him fill you in. Great job!
Thanks buddy👍 I really should have planned it to be dropped off at your place on the way home last night🤦‍♂️

It was a great time shooting at an great place with a good group of guys! I managed to do pretty decent. It doesn’t look very impressive on paper but I managed my farthest hit in a match at 3010 yards. If anyone wants to shoot some elr the next shoot at spearpoint ranch in KS is May 16th
3CDA612F-0F63-4FC9-AA6A-8C334CF9FC3A.jpeg

Here in East TN you won't find 1500 yards flat enough to shoot. Maybe from hilltop to hilltop.
There was a place to shoot 1000 but it got abused and the neighbors finally got it shut down.
Oak Ridge Club has a 1000 yard but I believe that getting any time on it is a royal pain.
3500? Not going to happen here.

Nice shooting Geno.

There’s a guy that goes by bird dog on accurate shooter. He is about 45 minutes north east of Nashville. I know he’s shooting over 2000 across the hilltops. Shooters from all over the country stop and shoot there on their way through. I haven’t had the chance yet though. This shoot is about 12 hours from my house so, not exactly on my backyard

Reactions: TACC and 1J04
Once you get west of the plateau it flattens out pretty good. But here in the Appalachian Mts.? I have a range about 20 minutes from me that's good to 550. But after 300 it's uphill quite a bit.
There’s a guy that goes by bird dog on accurate shooter. He is about 45 minutes north east of Nashville. I know he’s shooting over 2000 across the hilltops. Shooters from all over the country stop and shoot there on their way through. I haven’t had the chance yet though. This shoot is about 12 hours from my house so, not exactly on my backyard

Where I live it’s mostly across or along valleys.
Hard part is finding them without roads,rivers or train tracks in between.
Eastern Washington and Oregon have lots of ELR opportunities.
The private ranch in eastern Oregon I get invited to has 4500+ yards available shooting from the house.

Where I live it’s mostly across or along valleys.
Hard part is finding them without roads,rivers or train tracks in between.
Eastern Washington and Oregon have lots of ELR opportunities.
The private ranch in eastern Oregon I get invited to has 4500+ yards available shooting from the house.
I lived in Yakima for 4-5 years. I’m aware of what regions offer this kinds of shooting opportunities. Mine really isn’t one of them

Besides the great parts clean out 2020 today, I wrestled with the bug motor some. Needed to get some gears off crankshaft. I also tried my had at the gland nut and flywheel removal, but my low energy impact failed miserably. Might finally be time for a new upgraded one!
99576F0F-38BE-4B62-8132-EF493B4C98E9.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
I was supposed to tarpons fishin this spring but the zombie pandemic killed those plans
:(

It's a lot of work but catching them is worth the effort.
That biggest bull shark (well over 10') hit that one tarpon so hard, and against the boat, it damn near knocked me into the water.
I was walking the gunnel and am glad I had my hand on the console grab rail. Scary.

Last edited:
Waiting on vw parts and still refusing to open the gun safe and actively do anything with them. I decided to dig into my old RC hobby. I had some parts so decided to venture into making a hovercraft. Got most of it mocked up for balance and it floats pretty good. Waiting on the wind to stop so I can test drive it.
644C7F70-5DA7-414D-A9B7-378F804577B9.jpeg
6B54F04C-64E9-488D-8E82-DF7CEA7BBFCE.jpeg

Grey, cloudy morning with our typical spring winds (howling) at 18-20 sustained with gusts to 30+. Put the first 3 on at 760 yards to figure out the wind, then the last 3 at 1,000. Personal best at 1K for a hack like me. Should’ve played the lottery after shooting 😊.
8CC0A729-C05A-4D32-B7DE-872931BFAA67.jpeg
A230282A-3A3E-475E-8925-98C50873CD44.jpeg
BA22A3EC-3F69-4E6C-BAB2-7E61CBBFC42C.png

Last Friday I was driving down I-15 near Layton on my way home from work about 1130 pm. All of a sudden there's a big bump that feels like it hits hard. Pull off in shoulder cause it seems like I have a flat. I do. Pull it off to change it and I see this on the rear drivers tire.
20200429_123416.jpg

I decide I better walk back along and see what I hit so nobody else hits it. Walking on the other side of those movable concrete walls I found it just inside the outside white line. It's the female part of a trailer hitch.
20200429_123336.jpg

Also tore the metal just in front of the spot where they say you're suppose to jack from.

Ordered a new rim that came in today getting it taken care of tomorrow. So glad I've got a full size spare. Also glad it only got 1 tire. Rims are aftermarket and new one is the exact same except it's 6 spokes vs current 7. Car is a 2003 stock civic w/ ~187000 miles on it.

This guy made a lap around our house then headed up the street.

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_185241.jpg
    IMG_20200429_185241.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 159
Testing out the new RF/camera set up for dog hunting. Need to get a ball head on camera to get the vertical cowitnessed.
20200429_104453.jpg

Still shot from when editing the videos. (Used my phone to take picture of the monitor, quality is much better then pictures show)

Perfect set up for a double...
Screenshot_20200430-015112_Photos~2.jpg

Screenshot_20200430-015635_Photos~2.jpg

Last Friday I was driving down I-15 near Layton on my way home from work about 1130 pm. All of a sudden there's a big bump that feels like it hits hard. Pull off in shoulder cause it seems like I have a flat. I do. Pull it off to change it and I see this on the rear drivers tire.
View attachment 7312614
I decide I better walk back along and see what I hit so nobody else hits it. Walking on the other side of those movable concrete walls I found it just inside the outside white line. It's the female part of a trailer hitch.
View attachment 7312605
Also tore the metal just in front of the spot where they say you're suppose to jack from.

Ordered a new rim that came in today getting it taken care of tomorrow. So glad I've got a full size spare. Also glad it only got 1 tire. Rims are aftermarket and new one is the exact same except it's 6 spokes vs current 7. Car is a 2003 stock civic w/ ~187000 miles on it.

Back in my days of busting tires, I had one come in off the interstate that hit an anvil that fell off a welding truck. It broke their wheel into two pieces. Left the center part attached to their car and broke the rim off of it.

That is a beautiful looking weld, I can't believe it broke. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: LeftyJason
What’s expected barrel life ?
I have no hard data from anyone. I would guess 1000ish. Lots of guys don’t make it to the end of a barrel before the swap out to something different and there are even less that have shot enough rounds to find out. I’ll pull it when it stops shooting and find out🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Steel head
Saw this and would like to know who on here had the good idea.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200430-064808_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200430-064808_Samsung Internet.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 101
  • Love
Reactions: Mr. Z
A little informal competition today for the kids with the 10/22 and small silhouettes at 100. Wind was 6-9 o’clock at 10-20 mph. Good practice. Gracie beat her brother like a rented mule which she’s still on him about 😂. They had fun.
7D0AE863-532C-45FA-811B-A4DE10B29F27.jpeg
7ABF71C0-FE73-4E71-86C6-8604328C9D56.jpeg